V1.1.4.0 Preview

Ok that early, well no build has resistance reductions at point :stuck_out_tongue:

my bwc startup build had to consciously rush demon fire becaouse pretty much nothing (outside of depraved sanctuary) resisted chaos damage and it was the only way I had to deal with the emberguards THAT early.

Yes, I had to autoattack the mobs at wightmire with Francis’ gun, but the proper solution would’ve been skipping the WP and the slith ring too, maybe. It was on normal, old patch, so today it’s probably more exaggerated with the extra sponginess and mob damage, courtesy of the patch.

This already exists in the form of Merit Tokens you can buy in Ultimate FG for other characters to use. Removing difficulties for a single playthrough isn’t happening despite your belief. It’s simply not worth the devs’ time and effort at this stage of the game’s life.

1 Like

I mean, there are a bajillion phys dmg weapons to auto attack them with before you get your RR. I think it’s good that you feel weaker against enemies of your dmg type. If their resists get toned down I hope it’s not by much.

Or you have to go with skills that has dual damage type early on.

I will test play the new veteran soon with a Demolitionist/Commando - I have some stuff I need to take care of first. Also since GT might not get updated in 2 weeks or so, this means I will have plenty of time to level up new chars and see how veteran feels now :slight_smile:

It’s already there once you unlock it.

Totally agree. If you’re going to pigeonhole yourself into a single damage type then you should have to experience the joy of meeting your match. You have plenty of options at hand for dealing with it, whether that’s chumping out and Forest Gumping your way past or weaponizing yourself to handle it.

unless you play physical. Then you get a free pass.

Sounds like a Zantai problem.

Absolute fantastic patch! The integration of Grim Internals is a great highlight.

Only one point grimes me: You decided to not implement Autopickup for equipment, the original reason why I went to GI back then. Is there any chance that we will get that in a future update?

There are certain things that Crate aren’t likely to touch. Equipment auto-pickup is one of those things that I don’t even need to see Zantai say it to just know he never even thought twice about it.

(I don’t even know why I say Crate anymore. When it comes to GD it’s just Zantai we’re talking about :smile:)

Doubt that. Such a big change would probably need big M’s okay as well since he also doesn’t seem to be that keen on auto-pick in general.

We are actually going to address that in an upcoming hotfix.

1 Like

That’s not a feature. That’s a cheat, and no.

Looting is a core of the genre. It shouldn’t be automated.

If you want that, that’s something for mods.

2 Likes

Hi,

I think such an option would have some drawbacks like picking up literally every armour/weapon dropped (even those that I decided to filter out in order not to even see them). Soon one’d be fed up with picking up yellow items. If such an option would ever be added, the 1st thing I’d do would be to disable it. On the other hand, I wouldn’t consider 3rd party tools that enable to do so cheating.

i write in german. i can´t so good english. but google translate helps,:blush:. ich spiele rollenspiele seit bestimmt 20 jahren. und ich habe immer alles an loot aufgehoben. wann ist die zeit gekommen wo man immer nur schnell, schnell durch die gegend hetzt und nur dass aufhebt was man gebrauchen kann? vielleicht wirkt es merkwürdig mit meinen 48 jahren, aber ich geniesse zum widerholten male( und nein ich verrate nicht wie viele charaktere ich habe) jede ecke zu erkunden, alles aufzusammeln und jedes geheimnis zu entdecken! es gehört für mich dazu! genauso, wie es ein spiel vorgibt (ich gebe zu der autoloot der komponente ist sexy :wink: ) alles per mouseklick aufzusammeln. leute nehmt mal den stress raus! geniesst dass spiel, warum muss es alles schnell. schnell gehen?dass leben ist zu kurz, als dass man sich nicht der kleinen dinge erfreuen kann. möööp wieder kein passender loot für meinen char, aber ein anderer kanns gut gebrauchen, freu*dass macht für mich unter anderem ein arpg aus. ;p

4 Likes

Well for me it’s “open chest” or “move into loot pile” and then spamming the “pick up loot” button - I’ve set mine to the “^” button left of “1”, and it does the trick nicely - no need to click on all the loot tooltips that are floating around…

Also zumindest ich hab’ mich irgendwann an all den gelben Sachen sattgesehen (mal ganz abgesehen davon dass die eh’ nicht soviel wert sind) weswegen ich die normalen und magischen Gegenstände ausfiltere, aber wenn ich das “Ping” höre das von Ringen, Amuletten und Medaillen verursacht wird halte ich einfach Alt gedrückt und pick’ mir die Juwelen aus dem restlichen Zeug raus… :slight_smile:

Ansonsten kann ich Dir nur zustimmen - durchspielen ohne alles besichtigt zu haben geht gar nicht… :slight_smile:

This game was fun until you guys made it where I die constantly now. I wish developers would leave the game mechanics alone! Add new things, yes, but leave the mechanics alone or make an elitist mode version of the game where the people that have all the time in the world to play this game can fight against mobs that have 1,000,000 HP with 100,000 armor. Some of us just want to build a character and be able to play through the game, in a reasonable amount of time, without having to continually die and have to run back to where your corpse is. I was dying even before the changes, now it is mental.

~frustrated

:grin:me too. and under healdrink :joy: