V1.1.4.0 Preview

I want combat log too, just as in cRPG’s :slight_smile:

yeah. knowledge. it can’t hurt you.

Divinity original sin II is a great game, I think you will like it.

i’m not even sure we are talking about the same thing anymore. baldurs and similar never had any balance nor clarity of mechanics, they focus on the story and player immersion rather than combat. (and I basically hate those). you can’t pretend getting QOL features removes anything from GD, cause that immersion is there maybe for the first playthrough, on normal… the other 1000+ hours are just metagame and grind. I get it that the fact with every patch everything gets easier (aka done in less time than before) may upset you, as it for example (imho) completely destroyed d3. but cmon, you are complaining about QOL features! they are called like that for a reason.

for example i’ve tried both valve and riot’s (totally identical) versions of autochess, but even though I’ve thousands of hours in league of legends I prefer the dota version simply cause of better QOL features, even if i don’t know anything at all about dota, cause the hud and tooltips are way better, cause there’s a vs AI option and you can pause while at it. in the lol version you have to play much more to get the same level of knowledge and ability to do fast strategic decisions while in the dota version you just have every information you need at hand and right from the start, without having to go search for stupidly arranged tables on random sites articles just to know how item combinations work.

Having 1000 lines of code popping out on my screen is not QoL

1 Like

you mean you can’t stand having to not check an option? how unbearable! (cause all those incoming QOL are optional) and what code are u talking about? rofl

1 Like

Thank god there are still players who can play games without mods and being served everything :slight_smile:
Imagine having D3 and PoE players deserving this kind of “knowledge” in game. Wont happen. This ARPG, not turn based cRPG

2 Likes

Absolutely.

:100:

Awesome patch, thank you for your amazing work! :grinning:

You are too harsh on Drorian tbh, toggleable infos don’t hurt the game. Try to play Grim Dawn without ever looking up stuff or theorycrafting on grimtools and then you could say stuff like that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That said, Grim Internals will probably still at least get compatibility updates for future patches, so @Drorian can just keep on using that.

I think its a difference in theorycrafting and playing.
Being able to see “everything” in the game kinda ruins the genre.

But sure if its toggleable, I mean I do not even play with damage numbers :wink:

@malawiglenn I have been told, you don’t like numbers :smile:

xD

But what is next request, having all features of GDstash in main game? It is certainly a QoL tool that makes many players spend more time playing and less time farming & crafting.

1 Like

actually the “cheating” features of gdstash would imho make players play less. when you get everything instantly you lose interest soon. infinite and organized searchable stash instead is a good QOL feature and it’s been a very requested feature on basically every arpg, that’s why stash space is most of what you pay for on poe, or even on some dlcs from other games.

1 Like

just make it toggeable :wink:

1 Like

I really want to see sounds on epic or leg drops too maybe a beam or a star on the map because of dot builds…

1 Like

If boss consistency is your goal, then perhaps it is time to address the fact that Father Kymon is the real boss of this game difficulty wise and Korvaak is just a pushover. :sweat_smile: (regular boss wise, of course)

jump to meteor to orbs is upwards of 200k damage on 80%+ fire resistance on ultimate (+ enough to have 80% after Kymon’s resistance reduction attacks affect you), add some unfortunate ticks of the burning floor and you’re dead even on a twinked char kek. Doesn’t help that those attacks stun you.

Now I don’t mind that TBH, but it’s weird how easy Korvaak is in comparison

Crate amazing developer!

1 Like

FYI for those who don’t know, hotfixes don’t break actual GD mods.

GI is often called a mod, and if GD didn’t have native mod support then that would be fine. But since we do have native mod support, and that comes with particular parameters of what an actual mod is, GI shouldn’t be called a mod. It’s a third party application and utility.

Just thought I’d point this out, since based on a few comments in this thread some people seem to think playing with mods means having to wait for a mod author to patch it every time Crate touches the base game. That’s not really the case at all.