V1.1.7.1 Build Discussion

We’re working on a hotfix for v1.1.7.0 that will be out in the near future, but as nothing alarming has emerged, we’re not going to burn jet fuel to get it out to you.

The upside is that we can work in some balancing changes along with fixes.

Feel free to post any builds you’ve been working on that you feel could use a bump. Note that we may not agree with every suggestion, particularly suggestions for How a build should be buffed.

The most valuable information to provide would be a GrimTools link and where you feel the build struggles, whether that’s survivability or damage, and whether you are testing your performance in the Crucible or the Shattered Realm.

Please be considerate of others posters and, as usual, set reasonable expectations for what a build should be capable of (an indestructible vitality build probably shouldn’t be pushing sub 6 minutes in the Crucible, nor does a 5 minute build need buffs).

Following the guidelines from the Posting Feedback thread applies:

15 Likes

First of all thanks for the 1.1.7.0 patch changes. At the whole they were pretty good.

1. I’ve been pointing out for some time that 5m on Cryptstalker weapon is not enough for pet builds! It is too close to enemies for pet gameplay. The radius should be at least 8m.

2. Please do not judge all the retaliation damage types with the same yardstick. So would you buff Lightning retaliation at least a bit? It is on the weakest side of reta builds. Solution buff the RatA on Dawnbreaker’s Sledge from 6% to 8% OR revert the change you did in 1.1.6.0 when the flat lightning retalition was moved from 3 pieces to 4 pieces on the Dawnshield set.

At first, thanks for the last patch. It’s damn good work. As for requests:

1. Speed up BWC animation or fix its interaction with spam skills (BWC is often cancelled while using spam skill even with 160-165 cast speed)
  2. Mark of Mogdrogen is still underperforming a bit compared to other unique components
  3. Reduce Thermite Mines damage or/and RR, but increase radius. It has been asked for before as I know
  4. Attak Seru still could use a little buff (prob ad elemental DoT support?) as soon as you can’t get some strong T2 procs for support, because devotion requirements is very high.
    Edit:
  5. Aether Bonemonger could use a buff :cry:
7 Likes

This build struggles with clear.
Single target is alright but since stun jacks / quick jacks dont have a chance to pass through enemies the clear really suffers. :frowning:
My suggestion would be to add a pass through chance to either Stun Jacks themself or to Full Spread.

I also would like to thank you for the amazing patch! :heart:

Cheers, Mergo! :sunglasses: :+1:

Yes, and as I’ve pointed out, that is by design.

Based on some comments so far, I’d like to put some emphasis on what this thread is for:

4 Likes

Please correct the set Markovian’s Bastion. Now he is essentially the weakest in the game of the mythical.

i comply. a passthru mod for aether jacks would make this build viable.

1 Like

I agree with SKS. I just did this vid today earlier.

Also please add attack speed and casting speed on valguur gloves so we have at least one pair of gloves for vitality melee builds and more decent cast rate on casters.

Hi I am a new player and thanks really for the updates, I love this game.

My main issue is survivability with gun builds (Dagallon for example), damage is totally fine, I really don’t mind guns being nerfed, but I feel that is lacks that physical resist specially when you are standing and shooting at the same time, even in Inquisitor seal. At the moment I use a purifier with stronghold set which is what I found better for survivability. I don’t know if I may be bad at managing these type of builds, but increasing the physical resist should be really nice. Harragadian enforcer could some rework for gun infiltrator if it would be possible (I am trying to build around it).

I know that it is a hotfix so this won’t change, but for future patch notes could be really nice

2 Likes

This is Infernal Shieldbreaker
This is Iskandra Sorc. Latest buffs helped a lot BTW, thanks.
Cast speed is almost the same, but Sorc uses spam skill from components while Shieldbreaker doesn’t. BWC is often cancelled while using spam skill even with 160-165 cast speed). Sometimes I push button 3-4 times before character finally throw the BWC.
Infernal Sheildbreaker is also easier to pilot thanks to increased Mines radius on helm. Otherwise it’s very inconvenient to have 6 unsupported mines being surrounded. You just can’t apply your RR to 90% of enemies.

More:
This is my Ulzuin Purifier having almost the same % damage as Iskandra Sorc, though Sorc has double elemental T3. And that’s what I’n talking about here

Bonemonger Apostate that I linked before. Flat damage problem is still there.

2 Likes

Not limited to a specific build but I hope there is a way to change the stance for Guardian of Empyrion, Eldritch Hound from Bysmiel Bonds, and other pet that stance can’t be set. The problem I face is while those pet are quite strong the same can’t be said the same to the caster, so when the caster running around from being chased by mob, those pet also running around following it’s master instead of attacking the mob.

I think the problem is due to the nature of normal stance, for example in game when I go with this Ritualist or this Dervish, on the Ritualist I can set all the pet stance to aggressive so they will stay in fight, but the eldritch hound from devotion prefer to just follow me each time I move, on the Dervish is even worse as only the Deathstalker from the relic is the one that are dealing damage while the other are moving back and forth between me and mob. The most frustrating one are when you’re stutter stepping between debuffing and running from the enemy.

In my opinion, it’s better to set all pet stance default to aggressive especially for invincible and timed life pet, that way pet that can be selected like briarthorn, blightfiend, etc. can still be chosen which stance they gonna be.

1 Like

This is already functionally the case.

Cold PRM MageHunter (grimtools calc) - legit char.

1. Heart of Malmuth - change bleed resist to ele resist, because build have big overcup to bleed.
    Also add % aether damage because in last patсh condiut to aether PRM changed.
  2. Faraths Cube - add cast speed, because offhand support 2 spamm skiils and this logical.
  3. Band of eternal haunt - change +2 to PRM to +2 to Distortion because I need to use Shoulderguard of the Paragon and this reduces the variability gears.
2 Likes

Damn, I feel betrayed by my Guardian of Empyrion :frowning_face:
Granted that they are actually guarding Empyrion instead of me, or they develop the same coward habit as me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, maybe this topic is not meant for what I’m going to present but I’ll take my chances.

Now I have two theorycrafted builds, the classes both have very good synergy together and there are already a few items that can support the builds. The common point of them is they have no attack skill so they both have to use the shard of beronath. That seem alright but check the builds first,

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrMX53V This is 2H melee Scion of Arcane Force Mage Hunter.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRr7KOZ This is 2H melee Scion of Arcane Force Warlock.

There are already different build ideas with those class combos but I believe these ones never been tried before. Because? Shard of Beronath. Beronath’s Fury. It’s kinda useless skill, there is no actual non meme build that uses it in the latest patch. But I accept the mediocracy of it’s damage bonusses, the problem is, it has no aoe. And do you what? The builds(especially melee ones) that has to use the shard of beronath also has no aoe. And most of players know that there are better component skills(and components wih much better stats instead of using the skill) to use in both as main damage or just hybrid time waster.

The point is, Shard of Beronath needs to be buffed so now and in the future some interesting builds that uses it may occur. My suggestion would be adding some aoe and as to it.

1 Like

Even after testing it a lot a few weeks ago. I’s sadly so. My best time was a painful 6:30…and it’s not at all reliable. And I tried stuff until i grew tired of it. %WD got increased, flad dmg on the set, proc got IT finally. But it’s not enough, it needs something more than just increasing numbers on it

1 Like

I think Blitz may essentialy be the case the damage is so meh. Probably needs a buff.

1 Like

Blitz damage is great, the cooldown on it isn’t. It needs lowered cooldown.

3 Likes

That too, agreed.

2 Likes