V1.1.7.1 Build Discussion

Ragrathar’s Horn is too strong. Pierce to cold can be easily abused and has a lot of applications. Add to the fact that it is an offhand with CDR, it makes northern wyrm looks like a baby in comparison.

I suggest nerf ragrathar conversion to 25% avg and strengthen its skill mod, also maybe add another support for blade trap. Devouring blades almost doesnt have any presence in the itemization.

One more thing, please buff Soulrend or give some interesting skill mod to it. Bane of winter king is so powerful that I feel bad for soulrend… :laughing:

2 Likes

Please follow Zan’s request

Hush you rat! :wink:

But yah Chillwhisper is bonkers with that thing. Brokenest item this patch. The only thing holding back Chill RoH was lack of conversion. Now he got Silver/Runebinder+Wyrm level RoH and full Blade Spirits AND extra cdr (AND the goodies from amulet slot AND ways to hardcap everything: BS, RoH and Artifact Handling).

That is still pre-Wyrm level of Silver Sentinel RoH. Hagarrads+Alkamos+extra 30%. I suggest just pulling this thing back. Pierce to cold is the most volatile conversion in the game. And on a cdr offhand lol?

This. Phys res, please.

Here’s my lightning retal warder:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy8kEkV

The Dawnseeker’s light set was nerfed “a bit” in 1.1.7.0. To balance it back I would suggest: give the mace 8% RatA (instead of 6%) and increase the bonus retal damage to savagery to 1500. That would balance it back I think.

2 Likes

Valdun’s Purifier

Great build even after all the nerfs you gave it (please stop nerfing it!). The problem is that “Fragmenting Round” skill from the rifle is just totally useless. I tried playing with it so many times and each time it was just worse than simply auto-attacking, and worse both ways: for damage and survivability. I feel like it could be some interesting skill mod or proc or even stat.

Even if you improve its damage it would also be inferior to just auto-attacking and proccing strong wps skills. So changing it for something else would be great, even if it’s a small res or small stat boost.

1 Like

a few more words about spellscourge battlemage.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXYOQL2

today phys meta includes taking Deathstalker relic (-%rr which would be also very helpful here) and Gladiator’s Distinction. Actually, the build is EXTREMELY short on skill points (like +1 to soldier/arcanist and only 1 skill bonus on each piece except of shoulders - there are two bonuses).
And now, even w/o said items, all tasty passives are almost 1-pointers as I just have nothing to invest in them.
It would be super-cool if some + to mastery (to Soldier, preferably) is added to the shield (alongside with some phys res) or just some skill bonuses added to set’s parts.
Another mod that confuses me is -manacost to BA. Build actually has 0 problems with mana and this mod feels redundant.
I suggest replacing it with some ADctH modifier to BA.

I would say we lacks of skill points for Arcanist mastery in particular. So it would be great to get +1 to all skills as additional bonus for certain mastery on the set or belt for example.

As for ADcTH for BA. Why don’t you use Mark of consumption in your setup?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnX78yV

1 Like

+1 adding back some RAtA. The set was buffed in retaliation damage (Ikrix scale was buffed too), better AoE damage too (Sledge proc received some RAtA) but I think the removed of RAtA to savagery hit it a bit too much on single target damage.
Alternatively consider adding to it some attack speed too or better, change the “Stormcaller’s pact” amulet bonus (does anyone actually use that exclusive skill?) to +3 Storm Touched.

2 Likes

+1

/10chars

1 Like

These explanations and links are for this

Just in case, the first message again
This is Infernal Shieldbreaker
This is Iskandra Sorc. Latest buffs helped a lot BTW, thanks.
Cast speed is almost the same, but Sorc uses spam skill from components while Shieldbreaker doesn’t. BWC is often cancelled while using spam skill even with 160-165 cast speed). Sometimes I push button 3-4 times before character finally throw the BWC.
Infernal Sheildbreaker is also easier to pilot thanks to increased Mines radius on helm. Otherwise it’s very inconvenient to have 6 unsupported mines being surrounded. You just can’t apply your RR to 90% of enemies.

More:
This is my Ulzuin Purifier having almost the same % damage as Iskandra Sorc, though Sorc has double elemental T3. And that’s what I’n talking about here

Bonemonger Apostate that I linked before. Flat damage problem is still there.

Z means you should record a video sample of BWC for him, so he can easily reproduce.

+1, I have Spellscourge BM too, and the prob is you have to invest 50 points in Arcanist to reach Devastation and its very redundant for a skills thirst build.

I feel Grava Thul should be buffed a bit more damage wise. Also it would be nice if dev swarm was traveling into a cone rather than a straight line :smiley: . Just my opinions on these.
And this…

it would be cool if it spreads like Omen or Pox.

and this is a nice joke.

3 Likes

+1 to this. I remembery posting the same thing on the feedback section some time ago but no one gave a s**t.

The Dawnbreaker set is very over nerfed please show it some love!

2 Likes

i was serious about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find your build confusing. Is deadly momentum really worth only 1 point? Sheet weapon damage seems low to me. In such a scenario Oleron wouldn’t be good anyway, WD% and flat phys are both low?

On the topic of enemy armour. Is the order of defence the same for enemies where armour applies before resistances? If so, that means flat physical values up to ~100 are extremely poor value, and a Nem like Iron Maiden absorbs a high % of it. 3897/110 = 35.4. So you’d need ~+3440% phys damage just to begin getting more than the minimum 30% value out of Oleron flat, is that right?

I always thought Oleron should be higher CD with greater values due to enemy armour. It is also a bit of a struggle to Crit once every second as a 2H.

oh, really, Grava is such a weak nemesis. only all worst negative effects that exist and null. let’s make him one- or-two-shotting you!

I’m not a theorycrafter by any stretch - just take builds from around here. Still, could you guys please unmarry gunslinger Purifiers from fire damage and hard-lock into Ulzuin’s torch? There are, historically, several attempts at bi- or tri-elemental gunslinger purifiers that just don’t cut it compared to fire focus, neither in damage nor in survivability. One of the most recent examples is this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JGMyaV
Credit: [1.1.6.2] Elemental Purifier Featuring Fantastic Phasebreaker | CR ~6:00 | SR65+

I’d really love to see a bit more use for Elemental seeker, because as it stands now, almost every high-end modern pistol Purifier is carbon copy of each other with fire-Ulzuin torch-Bonemonger.

Example of such a build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g13GEZ
Credit: [1.1.5.2] Gloria Jailbird | DW Ranged Purifier | Deviltongue Fire Strike | Celestials | SR 85 | CR 170

The inequality in SR is the most apparent, while Crucible gets somewhat carried by AOE potential of full-penetration Firestrike. Single target damage is not there though.

Part of the issue is depressing unviability (compared to fire, lately fire Deviltongue) of Dagallon set and builds. Set tailor-made for bi-element gunner Purifier is instead entirely pushed out by Apostate-focused Bonemonger, that provides higher survivability and high QoL on seal. From my experience with both Crucible and SR, Dagallon is unable to take same amount of punishment, and then its damage doesn’t run up to Deviltongues. My internet is being a bitch and doesn’t open grimtools, so i can’t look up stats. But the last time I managed to clear 170 Crucible with Dagallon set was in early half of AoM patch cycle.

Edit: Correction on Dagallon. That’s the most recent build I’ve managed to find around here.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m6k9mV
Credit: [1.1.4.2] Dagallon Purifier shoots Crucible 5:50

It was made for Crucible, admittedly. Which, again, has more to do with how ridiculous full penetration Firestrike AOE is than with actual damage numbers it produces. I remember trying it in SR on previous patch. It doesn’t work for 75, at all. Unlike the fire-torch-bonemonger clones.

2 Likes

I am not good enough to make my own builds yet, but through that i have noticed basically no one wants to have anything to do with drain essence, there is like one spellbinder build for it.

1 Like