V1.1.8.0 Mastery Combo Discussion

Tis’ not a 4buffs+4 banners! I use 3 buffs only :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also 5:12 is still top tier time. And mind I have some lag.

Build can’t finish without 4+4? Apparently can. If you mean no buffs and beacons at all, then probably no.

But if one build clears 170 in 5+ min naked (no buffs no banners) - he is definitely more powerful then build, who clears with 4+4.

On your screenshot 4 buffs and banner (at least 1)

I don’t have a screenshot from Crucible!

This is the video, 3x buffs, no Ulzuin (which will be red icon)

Also there are no builds that finish naked Crucible in 5, not a single one, come on!

4 Likes

Is this a mad_lee’s alt account? (joking, btw)

2 Likes

Nice troll

Always hoped for Rancor or a 3rd branch-off weapon after Spite to support Pierce/Bleeding Bone Harvest but I think it’s too late for that now.

1 Like

This doesn’t follow. It has Type C Damage Reduction, which is an offensive effect and not a direct stat modification. This logic is exactly why War Cry can’t have -% RR.

I hoped to make a DW Bleeding Reaper with a lot of WPS and Bone Harvest as something like Vines (Trickster).

But without AA Replacer…not very desirable.

1 Like

Depends.

I (emphasis mine) use Bloody Whetstone on some builds instead of Seal of Blades to have a nuke/2nd nuke. But it would open up builds.

+1 on making it as AA replacer or remove all cd, but wasn’t the skill works like blade arc so wps didn’t proc unless there is some change in the skill mechanic?

A post was split to a new topic: Help with Commando build please

I have something more to say although it may be more on item balancing side than mastery combination. I think every pet item available that provide resistance should also give half of that value to the pet/player since most of them already have. For example Rifthound Leather will also provide 14% acid and 11% bleed resist to the pet, while item like Ravager Barb give 10% acid resist to the player.

With this change, hybrid/pet mastery combination like Pyro, Warlock, etc. will be easier to balancing the stats between the player and the pet.

There is something that always irritated me.The thing in question is the Arcanist mastery.Every mastery have its respective % resist reduction skill.And all of these skills can be used “unconditionally” in early and late game.And the mastery that is the most spell orientated have only one very hard to use in end game and limited to 2 resistances, % resist reduciton skill.I am talking ofc about Olexra’s Flash Freeze.There is only 1 legendary set that is making it usuable.Otherewise on ultimate its TOTALY useless as % resist reduction skill.With the other masteries you can make such a nice combos like occultist + nightblade or oathkeeper + demolitionist or occultist + oathkeeper or occulist + inquisitor or inquisitor + nightblade and so on and so on…I can suggest that if possible you change the mechanics of Olexa so for example its RR doesnt depend on the duration of the skill or if the target gets frozen.All nemesis bosses are imune to freeze and not to mention the super bosses.So in end game Arcanist mastery have 0 %RR skills.Also it would be nice if it is more than just fire resist reduction on Olexa if you decide to accept my idea since there are so many elemental builds or aether builds.It could be % elemental RR on Olexa and % Aether+Chaos +Physical RR on Abolute zero.If it is too complicated to change mechanics on Olexa for RR to work on freeze imune or resistant enemys then you can put it on Nulification and remove the cooldown of the skill.There can be other possibilities ofc but pls find some way to put working % RR on Arcanist

1 Like

Arcanist is arguably the best pound for pound mastery now. RR is not the only way to increase dps.

5 Likes

Agree. Spellbinders vs Apostate and Sorc vs Defiler- Despite double RR Arcanist based combos often ends as better spec . And Arcanist has one of the best itemisation in the game.

1 Like

I wish I was in a position to provide valuable feedback, but seeing as I’m levelling 38 characters simultaneously (one for each class combination plus two extras I simply could not do without), I have not reached end-game yet with any of them. Therefore, I can’t really provide worthy feedback beyond anything but theorycrafting.

One thing I would like to say though, to counterpoint some of the things I’ve seen mentioned early in this thread: I would hate for the re-balance to focus too heavily on sets alone. A Fire Retal Commando build can be assembled from specific bits and pieces already in game (that isn’t to say some of the skills like Vindictive Flame couldn’t use help). There is no need for a set to hog upwards of 4 item slots to achieve that. Similarly, a Phantasmal Blade spam build should not become tied to the use of the Demonslayer Set. If one wants to make a Chaos + Vitality spellcaster, Phantasmal Blades are the perfect choice as they are the only spammable Chaos + Vitality damage skill out there on the main trees (without some heavy investment into conversions), whereas Demonslayer only supports Vitality damage and provides unexciting benefits when put together (+2 projectiles on a skill that can already have 6 when capped).

One of the (many) things that attract me to GD is the fact that items of all rarities can play a role, and the fact that if one decides to create a specific class combo with specific skills that may not be the central point of overlap between the two classes, there are still ways to make it work because not everything is tied to sets (hi D3, bye D3) and players can mix and match disparate pieces to make an interesting whole. It would be a shame to streamline and balance things around sets too much at the cost of variety. I think a lot can be achieved with just a couple more MIs (still plenty of bosses in the game that have none, like the numerous priests in FG).

Arcanist is arguably the best pound for pound mastery now. RR is not the only way to increase dps.

Agree. Spellbinders vs Apostate and Sorc vs Defiler- Despite double RR Arcanist based combos often ends as better spec . And Arcanist has one of the best itemisation in the game.

We are not talking about itemization here i believe we are talking about masteries and their balancing.Not having usuable %RR on mastery is just not balanced when every other mastery have it.

RR is just a dmg multiplier. Same as skills, racial bonuses, flat dmg and %crit dmg/OA in some way. Arcanist has greath skills, racial bonuses and a ton of passive flat in matery bar.

1 Like

Have you read OP?

The strongest multiplier though :wink:

Yep i did and thats why i am not focused on specific skill if it is underpowered or overepowered but the equality of all masteries in certain aspect.