V1.1.8.0 Mastery Combo Discussion

A post was split to a new topic: General gameplay feedback

That won’t solve anything. It would just enhance the DPS metet. GD clearly works with RR. Therefore you can do a quick math. 37 to 300 means + 263 eytra dmg. Juicy at the first glance but what does it do when you face 90% Resistance? exatle it would give you + 26.3 dmg. What GD need is better chances to lower resistances. Tinker with abilites or having new items or even components.

So a few words about the skills that in my opinion are needs some up
Fighting Spirits - reduce cd from 16 to 10 or 8 seconds
Terrify- change flat rr to X% Reduced Phys/Bleed Resistances (such as viper/hand of ultos)
Brak Morale - posible increase flat rr to 35 on softcup and 45 on 22/12
Supercharged - increase scale crit damage to 30% on 12/12 and 40% on 22/12
Shattered Star - change chance of damage to flat damage (this also applies to Static Strike)

1 Like

So many good points made here in your post, and really everyones posts, but you articulated everything I wanted to say but dont know how due to noobiness, particularly relating to Battlemages and Sabos, which im really glad everyones talking about. Thank you!

Awesome idea. I am now playing a Sentinnel EoR build and getting enough energy regen is painful.

Mindblowing… +1

It needs more support.

I played a Battlemage with MoE axes and it needs something to kill faster https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKq6BpV

It isn’t.

Reading your comment makes me want to see a Nullification-based Battlemage set (with some Soldier damage source, for once not necessarily Cadence) with Nulli applying nonstacking RR and having 5-6 seconds off its cooldown. Think that’d be a neat concept/playstyle.

Fumble on Terrify is a great idea too.

Edit RE: Zantai
My sabo post was not suggesting for new items to be introduced, if that wasn’t clear. This post is, though. :smirk:

Edit 2: I was so infatuated with the idea above that I decided to throw it together in a mod. Check it out here.

7 Likes

What difference between Flame Touched and IEE/Solael’s Witchfire?

It doesn’t have a transmuter that they could just edit.

Since i don’t have the game for a long time, this is the first post i reply to seriously.I don’t have too much end-game experiences,but i’ve done a lot of building-theorycrafting, but no, i’m not gonna talk about numbers,instead,i’d love to see some change that can be related to the lore,while also,it could help masteries confirm their roles.

It’s really hard to reply,this is about the 4th time i rewrite my whole message xD

What kind of rebalancing do you imagine?A communityfeedback based(what most players prefer/want)?
Or one that offers more builds possibilities(expanding general gameplay)?
Or something totally different(you are expecting new ideas)

Like you said,it is impossible to make perfect balance,so try to base this re-balance on lore and role.

You can build around most mastery weaknesses,so if someone really wants their favourite skill to be their main, they will probably be able to pull it of with a certain build.It doesn’t matter what you buff/nerf/change.You can mostly build any character you imagine.

Or,a great way to make mastery combos sync to eachother or offer more interesting builds is to change weapons.Not the affixes or prefixes,…the base attribute of items.I still don’t feel dual guns are different enough from dual melee wielding.For example, dual wielding guns should increase attack speed,which could result more attack pers second.So a lower gun damage would be justified if the guns attack rate would be SIGNIFICANLTY higher.(I still don’t understand how one handed guns are the slowest AND the weakest weapons at the same time)This would create an obvious difference between dual wielding ranged and melee,becuase dual melee usually comes with either dodge or hp+armor.But ranged dual wielding should about attack rate so in shorter period of time (while the enemy closes in) the character could dish out as much dmg as the melee dual wielder,who has enough survivability to tank while dealing damage,while runing for ranged dual wielding be reserved for tougher enemies.

Obviously,other weapons should be reviewed as well,two-handed swords could be much slower but do much higher damage,while it would be very interesting to make two-handed axes faster than two-handed swords with their lack or armor pierce, and high min-max dmg difference.This change would suit a berserker themed character well,it would be a bonus, if two-handed weapons could deal a little aoe dmg on every attack,but i imagine that would take a lot more work.

Anyways,feel free to reply if you liked any ideas and also if you didn’t and why.

1 Like

On the subject of soldier skills, Zolhan’s Technique is the weakest WPS in the game right now. Compared to the other 3-target melee WPS like Necrotic Edge and Smite, it’s lacking in terms of damage (both flat and WD) and secondary effects. The only times it’s worth taking is for 4pc Avenger, retal warlords, and 1pt for ranged/2h builds.

If keeping its identity as a one-handed WPS is important, it can have a similar effect to Shattering Smash, letting it hit with a shield. Otherwise, it should join the club of WPS that hit with both hands.

3 Likes

I`d love to see more EoR support in the game.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7YPzaN
plz add phyz to vitality conversion on Wrathblade to make it a okaysh blue solution . And a pantsu slot with +soulfire skills won’t hurt anyone.

1 Like

I think Warcry could reduce freeze and trap resistances. In that way battlemages and blademasters have exclusive support to play with OFF and Blade Trap.
Then adjust items that reduce such resistances so that those classes don’t become too strong.
Additionally, replace flat RR with %RR. Maybe physical, aether and chaos RR. Or just physical RR. Another option would be Reduced target’s resistances in general.

1 Like

@RektbyProtoss just mentioned that Ulzuin’s Wrath is a forgotten skill. What if it was buffed into a good defensive/sustain tool for Elementalists?

My 5c:

Oathkeeper - swap the -RR from Guardians of Empyrion and the -defense of Crushing Verdict. Being reliant on pseudo-pets for basic functionality is not a good design in my opinion. Essentially, it’s just a mobile aura that forces you to max out Oathkeeper line if you want to play a Warlord or any other class with Physical damage

Necromancer - add a much larger cooldown to Reap Spirit (7s+), and make it scale with Player Damage bonuses.

Shaman - buff the damage of Devouring Swarm, reduce the damage and increase the CD of Grasping Vines, and move the -RR on Devouring Swarm to Grasping Vines. Huge QoL increase.

Arcanist - move the physical RR of Absolute Zero to Inferno (under CT) and you suddenly make Arcanist much better option for Physical builds. Could go all-in and add an Aether->Physical 100% skill damage convert to Wrath of Agrivix?

Occultist - make DEE have a 100% passthrough chance in un-xmuted form. Also, I think CoF is too powerful - move the Vit and Acid -RR to Black Death (under Bloody Pox)?

Soldier - change the -RR on Break Morale to general instead of just physical. Remove RR from Terrify, add a 3m radius reduction penalty, but add a Fumble chance.

That’s about it for me - don’t play the other classes enough to comment.

3 Likes

But DM isn’t ‘necessary’ like the -RR aura is - I still use Oleron’s Rage on my Warlord because the massive OA boost is useful and I have capped slow resistance from other sources.

Without the -RR on Celestial Presence you could decently debate whether it’s viable capping your Oathkeeper mastery bar at 32pts. At the moment there’s no debate. Physical Warlord? 50pts in Oathkeeper or don’t bother trying.

1 Like

Hello please for balancing game :

1. 4 people for multiplayer to incraese boss to HP 8.000.000 to 60-75.000.000 - interesting and good .

Boss : Longhorns , Asesh Mallmouth, Korvak -please increase .
It is interesting.
But slow HP boss for Act 4 and 7 act to question and good fight him .

Example : Shattern Realms SR 75-76 have 4 single player fight to boss 75.000.00 it is good.

1. Add please Veteran Elite , Veteran Absolute -that’s is high difficult, and interesting for people with team single or one .
1 Like

Problem is buffing that one skill makes it super good for every other demo class too. And no one really needs a buffed-up ulzuin’s wrath except elemenralist. Maybe some item support instead of just buffing the skill itself.

2 Likes

Maybe buff with scaling? for 1 pointers it should stay same till 5-6/12 but after that the stats can increase lot more.

2 Likes

These cannot be done. Judgment, Grasping Vines and Inferno can’t have -x% resist reduction. Functionally speaking, -x% RR has to go on debuff skills that have an explicit duration to their effect (e.g. Curse of Frailty lasts between 5 and 15 seconds). Grasping Vines is not designed as a debuff skill internally whereas Devouring Swarm is.

If you look over every skill with -x% RR or even ones that only get it through skill modifiers (like Storm Box of Elgoloth), you’ll see the same pattern.

IMO, the best change to Absolute Zero (from OFF) would be to make it work litterally as listed, ei : the slow, FB and -%physical RR apllied to OFF AND 5 secs after the freeze effect wears off.

So any physical based Arcanist + XYZ dual class can benefit from a good source of physical RR, without much investment.

1 Like