V1.1.8.0 Mastery Combo Discussion

I run with fevered rage so i don’t care for useless stats like OA/DA :smiley: Of all vitality builds Valgur cabalist is the smoothest.

Hi Pirao,

I will give it a try, thanks!

you don’t need to think about stats if you’re dead

16 Likes

If you manage to die with Valgur cabalist that heal you from 0 to 100% in one tick you’re doing something wrong.
Also Valgur can farm naked 150+ under 9 minutes with just 2500 base DA . And the only thing you should worry about is alex meteors :smiley:

Not so awkward. Almost non existent itemization - no good 1H lightning weapon, only one pretty bad epic set.

1 Like

Disclaimer : I don’t have that deep theorycrafting experiences but as altoholic I will mention my last 3 most recent playthroughs. I have in total 18 lvl 100 but most of them are old so won’t mention any past problems as those might be already irrelevant. I do not have access to the TOP of the TOP gear options so struggles might come out of lack of “perfect” rolls of desired stats.

Latest project Saboteur

• fully leveled on last patch, obvious choice Nex Ortus, finally using Alkamos rings. Major problem - health pool. Most items I sift through lack any life roll, or lacking DA/OA. Hardest stat to get for me through class combination is probably stun res. Only reliable way to get capped is SR set and that is not exactly Mastery specific. Same story with Physical res. Would be nice to get access through mastery to at least one of these. Since from NB buffs, Spellbreakers and Reapers would benefit maybe even more, buff through Demo would probably make more sense.
    Minor problem is attribute distribution - i do ele dmg, rely on crit/OA and lack life and DA … since being dead is no fun -> all physique it is. Good old days. Otherwise I still rely on Devotion procs and leech for survival.

Conjurer - Maya Fluffy Squishy

• remains the most OP character I played to this day. Including retaliation Warlord pre-nerf, or S&B Witchblade in old days or Commando pre-DA normalization.
    Seriously, pets in current state are so strong, making for me hard to play something else, but I love them now so it is hard to admit it is probably something that could be nerfed (nerf the caster, not the pets). My biggest problem is that I do not feel any sense of danger at all while playing this build. Conjurer is kinda too strong defensively considering the archetypes.

Electrocute Elementalist

• did the Eletrocute trapper (Barrelsmith set) , again the demo -> a bit of a problem to get some good enough Stun resist going on. Itemization supports life a bit better. Decent pool thx to Shaman at 17k. Thx to shaman, no problems with OA/DA balance. Termite Mine rework made it fun, yet it would benefit from mentioned QoL of trap throwing. Reason why I could not ever play Grenado.
    Anyway, done almost all content (Callagadra kicked my ass), struggled some times, had fun all the way.

With this particular Lightning Grenado Elementalist that I’ve been working on, survivability has been a serious struggle. Looking for potential solutions, I noticed the granted skill on the Kilrian’s Shattered Soul component for chest armor. It deals partial fire damage, which the Barrelsmith guns would convert to lightning, and has an impressive 33% Attack Damage Converted to Health. I don’t recall seeing a single build posted here that uses this component, so I got excited thinking that maybe I’ve found just the build that this component was meant for…

The skill has been somewhat helpful, enough that I decided to stick with it, but the way it activates makes it a lot less useful than I was hoping for. With only 10% chance on being hit, sometimes it doesn’t activate in critical situations. And other times it activates when I don’t need it at all, leaving me without it when in a more dangerous situation. Playing this character, I’ve been constantly thinking about how great it would be if this skill could be casted instead of being procced. That would solve the activation problem and give the added benefit of being able to see how much cooldown remains.

Also, one thought that struck me was, wouldn’t it be cool if Hellfire Mine gave some -% Life Leech Resistance? Only a small amount of course, maybe a few percent at 12/12, and some more at ultimate levels. It would greatly help Demolitionist provide more survivability to mastery combos, and it would even fit the flavor of the modifier - “scorches enemies with an unearthly flame that sears their very being”.

6 Likes

Fine, for ya =) I bet you will be the first one that cry about Oupie Oupie Valgur if Crate buff this set =).

Sigil, SS, procs, bat, Vendigo . I run with fevered rage if buffed and its a smooth and pleasant experience =)

Forgot Wildblood

Obviously, only experienced pilots go for naked runs. And here 9 min is a super bad result. My worst naked run is about 8 min with half-meme build

But I bet no run of yours was such a SMOOTH thing like playing Valguur Cabalist!

4 Likes

Guys the discussion went from mastery to builds and item sets… keep it on topic pls…

I played several melee Shieldbreakers and they are all very squishy. Low phys res is a problem and lack of damage absorption or reduction. Justicar set needs more phys res definitely and Shieldbreaker more defense for melee.

Not only for melee.
Shieldbreaker has great synergy for high fire damage and that’s it. Nothing more.

• Resilience and Blastshield often proc at the same time -> you lose at least 2 safe abilities at one moment
  • No skills to proc Bat decently to have stable lifeleech
  • Lack of health regen support for mastery outside of Demo Conduit and one set.
1 Like

Casters have the option to kite. Melee don’t. Giving Blast Shield some phys res would be nice. Adding armor to Temper wouldn’t hurt as well. I have seen a lot of builds to skip Temper. Or adding life somewhere wouldn’t hurt also.

there was armor there long ago in AoM but then it was replaced with DA.
Temper is not often maxed as you simply may not need that DA and %phys damage (cuz what the hell you wanna build Demo with phys instead of fire)

I know and because it is not used much adding armor would be nice. And phys res to Blast Shield. Also increasing health regen across the board would be nice. Vinidctive flame would benefit from it more.

I also never played a Commando. I never even had an idea what to play as a Commando. I would say that is the worst class combo. Even Battlemage is better. Perhaps some phys caster using Beronath sword could be viable.

Literally any Fire/Lightning/Phys build involving Demo that you want to get a little tankier.

Or Shar’zul’s.

I’m enjoying Ulzuin Commando quite a bit.

1 Like

Perhaps but there is always another class instead of Soldier (or Demo) that will be better. There is nothing that would make me say - Commando would be the best for this type of build. And I think that each class combo should have at least few such builds.

2 Likes