V1.1.9.X Discussion - Endgame Viability

+1 for cast speed and energy regen on Barrelsmith, even without a filler skill those stats are lacking, I can’t imagine spamming Chain Lightning or AAing on the side

2 Likes

I agree that the Storm Totem portion of Decree of Malmouth is weak. I used it on a Vit Ignaffar Vindicater and went through it because the Totem itself does low damage and increases Ignaffar’s DPS loss.
Personally, I prefer the bonuses of Wendigo Totem or Devouring Swarm over Storm Totem.

PS: Consider adding a +2 Summon to Storm Totem to Decree of Malmouth and a +10% Total Dmg Mod to Corrupted Storm.

well
I guess this would be an unpopular suggestion (and probably it won’t be implemented) but how about reworking SBoE part of Allagast?
as for now, having TSS and filler skill (that you spam) you can’t utilize the low cd on Box for full, neither can you get rid of filler skill and play only with TSS/Box as because of no leech/passive heal.

So I suggest to do one of the following:

• rework the CD part of SBoE. Give it extra 0,5-1 sec CD (yes, no joking) and increase the damage by 70-100%. then all skills would have similar CD so better QoL.
  • add LL mods to TSS and SBOE so it would be possible to ditch out filler skill.
5 Likes

Why not, those are good suggestions. Elgo box is miserable in terms of damage (tried both Aether and Lightning, even hybrid :grin:), buffing it would not hurt. Life Leech (if I understood correctly) is nice, but I doubt it would be implemented (sounds too overpowered).

1 Like

Guess I didn’t see the times when Box was top-tier skill (or wasn’t making builds then) but now it’s just some support/rr skill.
Some cd/damage increasing mods were added in FG so maybe they could be used on Allagast too.
Same as increased damage would make it a better AoE skill, as now 90% damage is still from TSS.

1 Like

Cold Reaper as a representative from the cold melee category:

In the version 9.1 i had this variation: Reaper, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
It was kinda squishy but ok-ish with correct play and could finish Crucible really fast with good luck (4:10, not breaking any records and not claiming for anything else). For some reason it was nerfed on several fronts.

In 9.3 the build is dead (as is cold melee in general). It cannot reliably finish Crucible and, of course, can’t dream of stable sr75-76 performance. You can see that i raised phys res from 15% to 20%, got 600 more health, DA shred and petrify and, most importantly, constant 25% DR. And all that still didn’t help. Any build of other dmg type (other than vitality) with stats like this and 30k WD with 283%, 220% and 320% mutipliers on WPS would just destroy everything in the blink of an eye.

The main reason of the build dying in Crucible, imo, is outdated animations on WPS. Old slow animations with late hitreg are a huge downside in modern Crucible where “fixed” aggro makes enemies 1) dancing like maniacs infront of you and making you miss 2) piling up cc abilities on you with a high chance of interrupting your animation. Both these effects are absolutely lethal for squishy melee platform that survives only by having stable leech.

I’ve covered this issue in separate topic.

I know deadbuilds is kind of a meme here but anyway, i mean it. Not in a way of “ugh, i lost 10 secs of cleartime on my build, babyrage!”. Mutiple cold melee builds became unplayable in endgame: ALL Deathmarked, Cadence (DW and 2H), Savagery (DW and 2H), Blade Arc, Reaper (DW and 2H)…

I play mostly melee and observe the dynamic of different dmg types performing through patches: some things are buffed, some are nerfed, all is good. But cold melee in this patch has had an incredible jump from best dmg type for melee to the worst, on the level with vitality.

Cold melee was always lackluster in SR due to lack of tankiness, but now it’s also useless in Crucible :frowning:

7 Likes

I have a couple of requests about items supporting fire CT. I mean these two:

both of these items, despite supporting spam skill, have 0 cs.
even more, offhand has stupid RtA mods. I’ve never seen them being used in this game, tbh. Also retal relies heavily on shield specs and, which is more important, retal was heavily gutted.
+1 to soldier n off-hand also makes little sense.

so, what I suggest:

• adding CS to both this sword and off-hand;
  • removing the RtA part from off-hand as well as soldier bonus and replacing it with +1 Inq/Arcanist
  • also adding some kind of LL mod to CT that is not bound to aether one would be cool.
2 Likes

Yes, this is indeed a strange idea. Retal Soldier exclusive requires a shield or melee two-hander, both of those exclude off-hand. What else does Soldier offer in that department, Counter Strike? :grin: Not much. Oathkeeper would be more logical (like, +3 to Rebuke). Zero Casting Speed for weapons/offhands that support channeling/spammable skills is just awful.

I guess it’s a general rule that retal-based items often have godawful stats for non-retal builds, no AS/CS and OA in particular.

they have awful stats even for retal itself, as you can feel desperate lack of as/cs on most epic/legendary retal gear.

1 Like

Shattering smash for pistol and shield oathkeepers please and thanks!

6 Likes

DW Melee Acid Reaper - Reaper, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Stats looks great on grimtools but performance in game isn’t.

Damage is not that good, build is quite squishy even with my efforts. I even spared some skill points and started to ue Ill Omen for more DR which helped a bit but just a bit.

Build struggles even at 75-76. Using Noxious Wounds + Wendigo Bard is worse, using Noxious Wounds instead of Wendigo barb is much much worse.

Replace sleep resistance on Seal of Resonance with 10-15% slow res. Sleep is sth odd and almost non-existent from TQ, neither can player be put to sleep. Slow, otherwise, is one of the most valuable resists for everyone.
So I guess it would be a good swap.

16 Likes

Please do this yes.

1 Like

also, another request for Conduit of Arcane Whispers that supports fire TSS.

conduit for acid TSS gives fat flat and DoT with full conversion while fire one only +radius (that is not good actually) and some small flat.
I suggest doing the following for fire one: just give it the same mods as for TSS one. increased flat and dot, also li>fire conversion.
for both Conduits it could be a good idea to add +1 proj/-0,5 sec cd to TSS. Don’t think it will make non-set specs too OP.

So, pains me to say this, but sandspitter pistol. It’s the fastest option for physical (duh). And aether. And chaos. And pretty sure even pierce. And acid if it had good support.

Because passthrough is unbeatable, and makes the difference between sitting on the better side of meta times vs barely holding on or almost unplayable (hoping smite is enough basically). This covers both crucible and sr75-76 as packs just totally overwhelm you.

No idea what the answer is here at this point in the game. Without passthrough ranged can feel very frustrating.

Guess my thought/request would be consider more wps passthrough, either base or via mods. Prevents runaway scaling from full time passthrough but still helps with group clearing that feels real bad on most gun builds without passthrough.

@banana_peel has a bunch of testing runs if he wants to share for context

7 Likes

Off topic but I would suggest the following :

1. Add more movement speed to green and purple devotions.
  2. Increase Dryad’s or Lion’s constellation points to four instead of three.
  3. Wind devils to be permanent cast like Blade Spirits and GOE (Guardian’s of Empyrion).

In answer to your 3rd point, Mythical Codex of Eternal Storms was recently changed so that it will summon permanent wind devils. You can use that for QoL, if you’re looking for it. If I had to guess from a dev point of view why the others are naturally permanent while wind devils are not, it may be because wind devils additionally cause slow/impaired aim which is a pretty powerful effect while the others don’t have anything like that.

But yeah I doubt they will change wind devils as a whole when they just updated that item.

1 Like

Yeah truth. Honestly I am so happy that they even improved Wind devils this late into the game, way to go Crate!

1 Like

Then wind devils will get huge damage nerfs

1 Like