V1.1.9.X Discussion - March of the Memes

Extra cooldown Aegis, but you can use 2 handed weapons for throwing. :scorv:

8 Likes

+1 on no CD Aegis, the elemental aegis conduit can just be replaced (since all the supporting gear is fire anyway) or moved to the Hyrian shield so it finally has identity and a use, that’s perfect

• Gutripper modifier
    that allows Blade Arc to be used with that rifle, either melee hit or alternatively turn the projectile into the spinning blade FX ala vendetta relic etc

• Boner Bois Bombs,
    change skeleton conduit or bound wraith to make skeletons get the suicide bomb upgrade on death, aether dmg 'splosion mushroom cloud :+1:

• Callidor’s Acid Reflux,
    converts all Callidor’s Tempest dmg to Acid; but turns it to a spam attacking buff so you can use other skills while it still “procs” couple times a second around you automatically

• Piercing Mortar Trap,
    that also changes Big One to add Cluster Bombs/Canister Bomb effect/frags on impact

• Cold Mortar Trap,
    alters Big One into Trozan Sky Shards

• Piercing Pierce Doom Bolt
    changes the Doom Bolt to be applied horizontally - could plop it on Jarinthor’s Head :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• Gaze of Empyrion helm; modifier that changes Guardians of Empyrion’s cleave attack into Sun Spot

• Spectral Bolt,
    but good/high dmg version, so granted by high level item, idono like VoS maybe?

• Shotgun ABB
    Venomlance/Quillthrower adds 2 projectiles to ranged ABB for a 3 round shotgun ABB burst

• Blade Barrier modifier;
    removes dmg absorb and immobility, but adds duration and reflect, turning it into like temp retal buff

• Wendigo Totem transmuter:
    turns it into a tiny little wendigo that runs around (on a short leash range) and lifetaps to you

• Bullet Mosquito/Condensed Devouring Swarm,
    increases Swarm dmg, but reduces the aoe to a regular “chonky” projectile - no idea which gun to put it on tho :thinking:

• Flash Bang modifier, Magnesium Flare,
    adds 100% fumble & Impair for 2seconds but whiteouts the screen for 5secons :grin:

okay maybe that last one was a little less serious :sweat_smile: (or was it ?)

Forgot to ask, something like this would be fantastic for Mirror of Ereoctes as well.

Imagine dropping Mythical Avatar of Order and Mythical Turrion’s Reprisal onto an Arcanist, then having the following alterations:

• -90% damage absorption to Mirror of Ereoctes.
  • +27 second duration to Mirror of Ereoctes.
  • -100% skill cooldown to Mirror of Ereoctes.

Some of the Fire/Elemental and % Retaliation damage on Turrion’s Reprisal/Avatar of Order’s modifiers will need to be cut down as well but regardless - opening up Arcanist as more of a valid option for Retaliation would be fantastic to see, even if it’s just supporting with some nice stats and passive damage to a more primary skill provider like Demolitionist or Oathkeeper :smiley:.

5 Likes

As somebody else pointed out, some of these pierce ideas are technically possibly now, but having the bulk of the conversion tied to Messenger’s Repeater makes it real clunky.

Also, +1 for aether mortars and fire totems. That would be neat.

Last I checked single RR vitality is still considered a meme, so could cadence get a skill mod for it/full conversion support outside of Edge of Death? Actually has a decent amount of +skill gear support scattered about but no way to get full conversion unless you use that sword. I want to do a dumb vit cadence gunner with Bysmiel Handcannon - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database but capping at 68% conversion seems like a non-starter.

I’ve never seen anyone use the Mirror of Ereoctes bonuses on Crown of the Revenant King, or really anyone other that vit oppressor gunner use it in general, so maybe those could be swapped for a cadence/soldier phys to vit conversion mod? More meme level Warlord and Death Knight options should open up with it.

A 2H that doubles as a shield so it can also block

That’s - so - great! Already picturing my next build, that’ll be fun!
Guess it’s too much to ask for if we could have it on a non lvl94 item? Would be super fun if we can even level with 0CD aegis…

Some random ideas for range meme:

Reduce projectile speed by 60% but provide 100% pass through to x skill: bullet hell in reverse.

Some new ranged wps to gloves/medal that shoots like chilling rounds for 2h (three shots) at 30% rate so that we can finally have a 100% gattling 2h wps build with
Each wps shooting three times per attack for many bullets per second.

My wish list in no particular order

• Pierce grasping vines think adding small weapon damage to vines on gutripper or pierce% to bloodsurge (Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)
  • Lightning vines conduit roll. small added RTA 3-6%, phys to lightning conversion, +duration. EX build: Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator currently can run around the 5 min mark. I swapped my warder to this after guardians received ele rr… better QoL overall and a little faster, but less tanky
  • Piercing Doombolt with a spear/sword FX similar to spear of the heavens scaled larger
  • Acid PB mods on conduit with -.X cooldown reduction to make a working dervish with that one rifle
  • No cd aegis
  • A tiny radius version + reduced leech of sigil of consumption that carries weapon damage and % total damage mods
  • More options for multi projectile devastation (looking at you acid and cold conduits)
  • Option for spam forcewave with a shield
  • Option for 2H weapon AAR with % weapon damage
  • Option for 2H weapon with decent chunk of % weapon damage for stun jacks
  • Better support for aether/acid wind devils
  • Aether Rune of Hag with aether crystal FX
  • Demo pierce/phys support on Belgo set… ex temper ranks or added flat/% damage on flame touched (Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)
    *on the really meme side a weapon that gives reduced armor piercing % so meme phys belgo builds can be better Infiltrator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator or an apostate even (couldnt find old link)
  • Acid support for Inquisitor and Necro that isnt locked into the amulet slot
  • Arcanist support on Korba set, Demo support on Vanquisher set, Inquisitor support on Spellscourge set, Occulist Support on infernal knight set, shaman support on Diviner set, Demo support on Allagast set

Might add more later

11 Likes

Ok, I like these!

Now you’re making me think about sets that could support other masteries. I’d like Inquisitor for Vanquisher and Oathkeeper for Spellscourge, though. Clairvoyant already supports 3 masteries so I don’t see it getting another. Occultist support for Infernal Knight would be one of my greatest wishes come true. More fire Sigil god please Sigil of Consumption yes.

One set I think has been sorely neglected is Demonslayer. It’s a 4-piece set that supports only one mastery and doesn’t even have a +1 to all skills to that mastery. It’s so point-starved. It would be great if it had support for 2 out of Occultist, Shaman, Necromancer, or Oathkeeper, and had +1 to its masteries.

3 Likes

I thought about demonslayer as well, but it’s already so strong even as a single support build… It would be hard to add secondary support without making something broken. Unless of course, you went with something like arcanist, demo, or soldier that wouldn’t really bring any synergy to the table.

Although that certainly would be meme worthy :wink:

Spam Bone Harvest

4 Likes

urg, that perma-noise…

Lightning Grasping Vines :zap:

2 Likes

spam aegis

spam 1h forcewave

0cd this

0cd that

spam bone harvest

easy solution:
make a “catch all” conduit,
no +1 all mastery skill, but just 1:XXX chance of getting one of all the current cooldown skills reduced to 0cd/spam version as prefix
to balance it out a little bit the conduit suffix could forgo the resist and then have some 1:XXX chance of a real annoying effect, like increasing cooldown to X skills/reducing duration of temp buffs
ex, “catch all conduit” craft rolls with a spam aegis prefix, but rolls with a +100 sec cd to blast shield suffix, - is no worries if you’re a templar, but you might wanna recraft that on a shieldbreaker :smiling_imp:
basically make it the “badge of mastery” type pain in the ass RNG to get the effect you want, while also slightly potentially penalizing you in the process :grin:

I don’t have any ideas that others haven’t already said but I want to throw in my hat for acid Grenado, cold and/or lightning Grasping vines, and no-cooldown Aegis.

Cooldown AAR
*0.5s cooldown to AAR
*20% total damage modified
*100% weapon damage

Basically imperial guard lasgun, extra bonus if it need 2h rifle

2 Likes