Veteran or Elite?

i’m thinking of making a new character but i don’t know which difficulty would be more appropriate for me to start. so far, i’ve only played my warder up to act 4 elite, and i’ve beaten it without much difficulty (ironically, elite was easier than veteran)

i think i would enjoy playing through elite more than veteran, especially since i could level until the 80s without having to restart the campaign, but i don’t have a lot of gear on my stash to support a low-level character - aside from crafting materials.

for those who are more experienced with the gam: is there a significant difficulty jump from veteran to elite, or can i play through it comfortably as long as i mind my resistances and use a decent build?

for reference, the new character i want to play is either going to be a shieldbreaker, an infiltrator, or a death knight

This is actually quite a common observation but there is a very simple reason for it. Unless you rushed chances are good you are going into Elite around level 50, maybe even later if you’re doing the expansions.

Around 50 the framework of your build is likely ‘complete’. You’re also probably decently geared up, been slotting in components, hopefully you’ve managed to even get access to augments to further boost your resists. You might have even gotten a legendary or two. You are also well along with your devotions.

If you’ve done things right you should be ‘prepared’. If you’re new you should have a good understanding of the how the game works by now. You have a better idea of what to expect.

Out of everything tho having good resistances is the key to breezing thru most of Elite.

I’d say veteran. You will level up quite fast anyway and won’t have to struggle too much with resistances and the like. You can quite easily breeze through content while preparing for Ultimate.

When you start the best is Veteran ( because they have mutch better drop with blue items ) and this is better when you change to Elite. If you start on normal going to have mutch more green items.

for new players veteran will give a challenging and satisfying experience. For players who just want to level up quickly its best just to do normal difficulty and smash it out.

Unless you have the merit tokens you can get from Elite FG or edit your character with a 3rd party tool then starting in Elite isn’t possible anyway. If you do have them, even with reasonable gear starting Elite with a low level character will be a slog until you level up somewhat. Plus you may not have the materials necessary to cleanse some shrines so could miss out on getting your devotions fully up and running as quickly.