Melee Vitality/Bleed Concept on Blood Knight and Various other items like Ravager's Bite, Crimson Spike, Bloodrender etc.[Feedback]

Hi everyone; I wanna talk about vitality/bleed around a few weapons and blood knight set. Wildblood and Demonslayer are already stong sets/archetypes and they can be utilized on various styles and classes so I’m gonna exclude them while talking. But you need to consider that all items are connected while reading the thread.

Mythical Ravager’s Bite :

• This item is clearly made for 1H Vitality Bone Harvest. And the obvious choice is using it with Blood Knight set. Weapon also provides Bleeding RR. There are two options ahead, use the weapon with shield or find another one-hand weapon.

• -For Ritualist using this weapon with DW is not a good idea(Go bloodrender section).-

• And for the shield, there is two alternative that supports the idea Maw of the Damned and Meat Shield; none of them supports the one-hand Bone Harvest nor bleeding damage, except maybe blood boil points on maw.

• My first doubt is, is one handed BH a viable damage source? No it isn’t. This weapon can be used on hitting? Not efficiently. Can Siphon Souls be enough for secondary damage source? hardly without modifiers(which can be seen on Bloodrender Ritualist).

Suggestion about Ravager’s Bite : Add a bleeding modifier on Bone Harvest to the item. And give one of the shield some bleeding support, preferable Maw of the Damned.

Mythical Crimson Spike :

I’ve tried to make Witch Hunter with it but failed fabulously… This is probably the most unusuable one among all the items I’m discussing. This is clearly a Nightblade item and sound really cool that you have vitality Ring of Steel. But when you start building around either reaper, trickster or witch hunter you hit a wall… hard…

The natural instinct with a Nightblade build is it dual wields. But there is a crucial problem, skill points…

The conversion, you either utilize the Blood of Dreeg flat or the Nidalla’s Hidden Hand and maybe you can utilize the Tainted Eruption proc by going full abomination. When you think all other similar daggers with conversion and their use, this feels a bit dull.

And if you wanna use it as Bleeding item, ignoring the conversion completely; combining with Bloodrender the only support on Shaman side is Wendigo totem mods.

Suggestion about Crimson Spike : Give +1 Skill points to Nightblade. Change Dread points with Primal Bond points.

Bloodrender :

Thanks Z for adding physical>vitality modifier aswell but this item still hard to use in any concept. I’m trying to make a build around this item since 1.1.8.0 but haven’t manage to accomplish.

Ritualist part of the weapon is okay https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aaqKg2 this is my craft, stats are a bit low and %19 phys resist is alarming and all these limits your freedom on devos but I can say atleast it looks playable up to a point and the damage stacking should be huge.

When you wanna focus bleeding on Trickster, Blood Knight set has no support for either of the classes so you end up with Bloodrager set, which would be okay we could combine this with Crimson Spike(see above) and having a vitality damage gloves with an attack speed(see below).

Why weapon has Oleron’s Rage bonusses? It’s not even meme.

When you wanna focus on vitality, BK set is still not an option so you either go with seperate item like heart of yugol, Packla’s Skins(which is freshly revised gj) etc https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28BwEGZ you don’t even reach %2000 vitality damage. Stats are good on it and you have good RR. Used the amulet for tankiness and pierce conversion. Or use SR set which will be even worse. Because neither of the masteries have real vitality damage support.

Suggestion about Bloodrender : This weapon looks okay, the problem is DW Savagery lacks a lot of things and I feel like asking too many things from a faction item is too much. So please replace Oleron’s Rage bonusses with Whirling Death, DW tricksters lack AoE and WPS are the only way getting it.

Plus add +2 Belgothian Shears to Boneshatter Treads would be useful for both vitality and physical Nightblade uses.

PS: I wouldn’t mind also Vitality Blade Trap has more -Reduced Entrapment Duration to stack bleeding.

Howl of the Wendigo :

I tested the item >1.1.9.1< Warding Beyond the Meme... Vitality/Bleeding S&B Blood Knight Warder. SR 85ish but not on the expecting Death Knight, instead on Warder. If this build was DK, probably couldn’t even reach 80. But the item have good stats and it’s a faction item.

Suggestion about Howl of the Wendigo : Only thing I can ask is that, one-hand Blade Arc suffers a lot from flat damage so increase the flat damage modifier on it and increase the base min. damage of the item. 56-239 is too broad for min-max values of an one-handed item.

Bonus: Zantai please improve this [Mythical Edge of Death] As I suggested on it’s thread, Mythical Edge of Death should have bleeding damage support instead of physical/trauma. It’s not ideal to play physical/vitality combination.

What else can be done to help all these items and the archetype?

• We need a vitality/bleeding damage gloves that provides attack speed. Preferably Vitality Cadence Modifier, one Nightblade WPS bonus and Savagery bonus. I’m aware there are too many gloves that supports bleeding damage this one doesn’t need to provide flat bleed damage nor the bleeding proc like some others. %100 Pysical>Vitality to Cadence is important for Vitality Cadence builds, 2H or DW doesn’t matter. %10-14 AS should be enough, maybe with some acid resistance and DA bonus on it.

• Lack of 2H Vitality/Bleed weapon except Wildblood Crusher and Death’s Reach which doesn’t even have attack speed on it. My suggestion is add bleeding damage to Spectral Warmaul.

• Counter Strike modifiers on Blood Knight set are okay but it can use some extra WD like %25 on it so it can be more reliable damage/sustain source. Also some flat bleeding damage to Bone Harvest would be good.(but it can be on the Ravager’s Bite aswell.)

• Add some more Aether>Vitality conversion to the set so in total we can have %60-70.

• Vitality/bleeding melee builds lack a lot of stats inlcuding crit damage, movement speed, CC resists, DA and so on. You gonna have to sacrifice some to gain another in most of the cases;

1. Add Rattosh’s fifth node some DA.

2. Change %5 AS and CS on Wendigo’s third note with %5 total speed.

3. Let’s make Affliction more appealing. It’s on the route of vitality/bleed devotions. It has good flat, OA and some damage on it but the requirements are too high comparing to affinity bonus so atleast it should provide more QoL for the builds.(except retaliation builds) So give it some movement speed, and some CC resist; maybe move stun resist from the scarab and add something else to it, since it’s also among less usable devotions.

4. Replace Death Sentence points on Greaves on Ill Omens with Dual Blades points.

Thanks for reading, any comment is welcome and please share your ideas about how we can improve the vitality melee archetypes and vitality/bleed combination.

5 Likes

I swear this item used to have pet bonuses at one point as I’ve only ever seen it used on/considered by pet builds for the +3 Soul Harvest, RR and (aforementioned) pet stats. I know your topic isn’t about pets though, just making a point :stuck_out_tongue:,

+1 on making it less themed on Vitality Bone Harvest when there is already Soulbearer for that. I’m not sure if Bleed is right for it either as the weapon lacks flat Bleed, Bleed duration and a Bleed damage proc for it. Maybe it’ll still get some minor use on Vitality+Bleed casters like Valguur but not really on Vitality+Bleed melee in it’s current form. Part of me wants to suggest going further into Vitality Decay stacking on Bone Harvest instead when it already has +3 Dread. Maybe a skill modifier for that?

1 Like

Very good feedback and ideas! :+1: :+1:

Just to add to the idea of Bleeding/Vitality gloves is there should definitely be a target # mod to Cadence as well as the 100% Physical to Vitality Damage.

And I think both Ravager’s Bite and BK set could add Bleeding Damage to Bone Harvest.

Also I mentioned in a couple threads about this change to help Necro bleeding:

1 Like

Yes, I forgot to mention Blugrug’s Plagued Edge lol. It can definitely use some bleeding mods on Harbinger of Souls.

2 Likes

''Mythical Crimson Spike: increased % Attack Speed to 20% ‘’

Z; this item really needs skill points for Nightblade more than AS. Yes more attack speed is good, maybe even better for Yugol Spinner Conjurer but in any Nightblade combination, you lack serious skill points.

I may choosed to not be a playtester but

Here the Trickster theorycraft according to upcoming changelog https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOyayKV

Here Witch Hunter theorycraft; https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zj3j42

Both idea is not even a meme but with proper skill points, it can work as a meme atleast. +3 Whirling Death added to Bloodrender is cool, I still question Oleron’s Rage points though…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.