Vitality Primal Strike feedback

To me, it’s striking that it’syour ranged PS build, not melee PS, taking the full set. It makes sense in the current context of available options, but yikes,

I like the idea of

though I don’t think a small offensive boost that can be shared by the ranged version would necessarily hurt (especially in the context of another pass-through ranged PS build with stellar results).

Something in the form of %weapon damage seems appropriate, since melee should get more mileage out of the boost.

In the end, I’d like to at least see set compatibility with a ranged pass-through weapon maintained, both to acknowledge the interesting mechanical phenomenon of ranged pass-through PS and, equally importantly, to allow players a legitimate shot at combining melee and ranged into a compelling weapon swap build.

(Ridiculous wishlist me says balance melee offence via your modifier idea, scrap %weapon damage, and toss in some type of +all skills to mastery support on Desolator because everyone likes +skills. In all seriousness, though, +all skills to Shaman support is a kind of formal acknowledgement of non aether/lightning pass-through PS.)

I don’t see anything crazy with that build. The melee one you have looks far superior.

I don’t either, and perhaps @Valinov can correct me if I’m wrong, but I read the phrase

to be an expression of concern over the potential runaway effects of a buff to the build in conjunction with pass-through shenanigans, which I think is legitimate. For me, this is an “if you buff offense, do it with care” situation.

EDIT: @Valinov, on an unrelated note, I just noticed that Mythical Ultos’ Stormseeker https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9431 is compatible conversion-wise with the ranged version of your build, so as it stands, whatever the proposed melee weapon-only bonus is, it can be combined with the radial bonus from the Ultos weapon (not that this is necessarily a problem).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.