–Eel
–Wraith
–Sailor’s Guide
–Viper
–Kraken
–Tempest
–Purple point in Crossroads
–Spear of the Heavens (minus the skill)

I am conflicted over the stat weights concerning a Cadence/Primal Strike (no transmute) Warder with these devotions. I am unsure if the Spear of the Heavens nodes are worth it considering the investment it requires to reach them, especially since I am unable to come up with a way to free up the last devotion point for the actual ability. I don’t really like Arcane Bomb that much based on my usage so far, and I am unsure of exactly how effective it is compared to this set up. Unless it is substantially better than all other options, I would prefer to avoid it entirely. The entire tree is built to support access to Spear, and if Spear isn’t worth it the I would run something completely different. Thoughts?

Thank you.

You dont like resistance reduction, hence not getting arcane bomb?

I do not like the way skill operates, I think it is awkward. Additionally, the purpose is to weigh access to spear (or tempest I suppose) with the utility of arcane bomb as well as the additional points that would be freed by not pathing to spear. I am not averse to using it if it is significantly better.

You should always take every available source of RR,especially -x one and your class is already providing RR only from wind devil.Arcane bomb will yield much more benefits than any other options.

Didn’t feel like starting a new thread, so maybe this can be just a warder devotion thread general?

Im doing a 2H physical warder (yeah i know its not meta-optimal) and I was wondering if I could get input on my devotion route.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26RYMK2

I have two main questions.

1. Since my build has lots of physical and internal trauma, should I go dire bear or bull? I’m sure i can do bleed too if that changes things elsewhere.

2. I can get ghoul which is great, but i have to sacrifice tree of life. Any idea which works better for a melee 2H? If I remove tree I can max ghoul, and then I’m free to take the 3 points in lizard if I want (maybe put those into ishtak for the slow resistance?) Or maybe lizard is worth keeping in any case?

I am really no expert on physical builds but why did you choose the “northern road” to Tree of Life instead going “south” to Ulzaad and perhaps Rhowan´s Scepter?

Because I completely forgot about them :slight_smile:

And because the northern route has lots of health bonuses, DA, and other tanky goodness. Ulzaad seems pretty great in general and is another good alternative to Oleron for physical builds, but the issue is that the “northern route” devotions are far better/more useful, while the purple route isn’t that great for physical builds it seems. Empyrion/ToL stack up really well against Rhowan and Ulzaad I think in terms of benefits and tradeoffs, but maybe I could combine empyrion with either ulzaad or rhowan? This is my first phys damage build so its all new to me.

And now I just realized that both are available so i could switch from ToL to either one without wasting anymore points in the purple route.

That’s what I get for not checking before I respond, but ToL does give some nice bonuses, and I’m rather light on healing devotions.

For melee life steal works better than healing devotions. Proc like Giant blood and Tree of life are more suitable for kiting casters with lots of cooldown reduction.

As for 2h melee, must devotions are: Assassins’ mark, Kraken, Ghoul, Ulzaad. Then you cab take Azraaka. Bind your left key attack to Assassins mark.

If you want defensive route, you can switch Azraaka with Empyrion. And if you use mace, you should probably take Rhowans’.

Sweet, thanks for the advice. I think I’ll stick with Empyrion for now, but I’ll definitely take ghoul over ToL, and put a few points into Ulzaad as well.