Warder or Auradin for 1st HC character

Hello,

After playing some time on softcore with Spellbreaker dual wield, I wanted to try my strenght in HC mode so i was looking for a easy and lazy build for my self. So far I’ve found 2 classes I would be interested which are Avenger Warden or Auradin and tbh i would looove to try Avenger but i don’t really know how to properly level him from 1-100 unless Auradin is more friendly for new HC players?

Would anyone share some feedback on this topic?

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t know much about Auramancer builds but it should be hard to level as auramancer without till you get AoC. On the other hand; Warder, especially Shaman side offers a very tanky leveling with 2H weapons. Just gear what you find, invest Savagery and it’s line, invest some points into Feral Hunger, Upheaval, get your buffs and you should be fine. Soldier also provide key stats while leveling with passives and a circuit breaker(Menhir’s Will). For more tankiness get Primal Bond instead Oleron’s Rage while leveling.

1 Like

Thank you for hearty welcome!
So you would suggest first doing shaman and than pick up soldier for the rest of the build?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Use this as a guide

1 Like

RektbyProtoss has a beginner Auradin build with a leveling guide in his list of builds.

1 Like

Thank you very much, i was looking for some kind of beginner friendly guide but couldn’t fine anything, only endgame build.

I have seen that one and after some time I’ve seen his character from not that long ago “Avatar Warder” and that was something that hooked me but i couldn’t find any any guides how to approach leveling with Warder and which one of them would have easier in HC.

I think the main take aways from any HC build is to not ignore your defensive stats.

Being capped or close to capped on your resistances is quite important (especially vs some bosses that reduce resistances, in which case you want to overcap by 25%)

Armor and armor absorption is also important. I’ve made the mistake many times of overvaluing dmg over suvivability. Your damage should come from your skill mastery and devotions while leveling.

Warder>“Auramancer” anything in hardcore