[Warder] Pure RETALIATION, REFLECT, INVINCIBLE, 100k+ DAMAGE, Hardcore Ultimate 100% Done (SF Gear)

I actually have been running steps of torment trying to get all of perdition and have gotten 2 pieces so far in 2 days. So hopefully I can get another tonight.

Additionally if anyone is on HC and wants to group to level or play PM me. Thanks

Hi, it’s my first character and wanted to follow this build .

In advance, sorry if this is “noob” questions .

I’m actually lvl 42 at the beginning of homestead and i’m stuck .

Retaliation is very good and fun against melee enemies but seems to be only ranged ennemies .
now boss and progression is very (very ?) slow cause don’t manage to kill anybody .

For example, just done "fort hamon "and took me 6 min to kill ranged boss .

Is there something i’ve missed ??
I have 3pieces of perdition set and my only attack skill is given by my "serrated shell component "

All the sorrow’s bastion and blood grove zone are a nightmare, every ennemies are ranged and i do 0 damage on them .

Thx all:D

Retaliation only procs when you get hit by melee attacks and even then, only when you actually get hit.

Right now I wouldn’t advise focusing on Retaliation at all. The upcoming expansion might change that, but atm it is not worth it.

:undecided::frowning:

So it means this build isn’t viable??? :furious:

Have you any advices for anoher build ? fast clear ? pls

Tyvm

To be honest it’s not the best build for a beginner. Have a look at the beginner builds here in the compendium. They would only be possible if you have the expansion though.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79419

Ok thanks for answer, it’s weird this build is so popular if it isn’t viable .

I have to begin again :o;)

In all builds you link (there is jungle for a beginner ) are blademaster’s viable ?
example : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=671055&postcount=1

or have to use a beginner buid like this one :

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74487

:rolleyes::cool:

It’s sort of viable, but it’s a very old build v1.0.0.6 versus current game v1.0.6.1. There have been a lot of changes since it was designed and as said there are more coming with the new expansion.

Blademasters aren’t the best for beginners either. The Death Knight would be a better choice.

I personally think that Death Knights are THE best first class for new players.

Yeah, Death Knight is great AND pretty easy to gear up.
Still - since DK isn’t what this topic is about - Retaliation Warder is pretty fun. It may not be the strongest character, but it was still good enough to get me through almost all of the vanilla content in Hardcore, and got pretty far in Malmouth; far enough to farm the stuff for my DK, at least.

Still smashing with this build. But yeah sometimes you need some friends for range bosses or good reflect damage equip(Not Retaliation, almost green equip) to go Solo.

So far I could clear almost all Content alone with “some” time.(Except Davius and Port Valbury Endboss.)
Tipp:
(Place a Portal put your " savagery attack skill" on an “NUM-Lock-Number” for example “0”(Rightside of keyboard). Then put your attackmouse cursor over range enemy -> hold the “0” Numlockkey -> and click your Shift-Numlock key to autoattack “all time” … then just go for coffee or prepare a meal :cool:

But this build is far for beginner friendly and you have to be passioned for it ;):smiley:

Hope retaliation get some love in the new expansion. But some talents from oathkeeper adding %retaliation dmg to skills, makes me hopeful :p;):rolleyes:

Let’s see what the next crusade hold up for us.
~…maybe the Warder becomes the Warlord or Paladin. Too bad that Arcanist got not much retaliation skills… so I have to say goodbye to Templar(Oathkeeper+Arcanist):cry:

FG will add a lot of %Reta added to attacks on items, Counter Strike will get some too. On the other hand, almost every source of %Reflect is gone. I guess we’ll have to play this build very differently.

An amazing build, Squib do an update, please! I’m having a lot of fun playing!

I haven’t played since AoM was released and was thinking of coming back. I loved this build but it does not seem like it has been updated at all.

By now, I have to assume there is much better gear for this build and probably some devotion changes and maybe skills.

I’m still interested in this build. The GrimTools link isn’t working anymore. So I was wondering if anyone would paste their own GT link based on this one. Thank you.

I’d look around for some more recent Retaliation builds now rather than this one. Retaliation has changed massively with the expansions and several updates with new mechanics, gear, devotion, basically everything.

1 Like

Might give it a shot, though for old times sake.
Mostly wondering about constellations, though…
Any changes into those in order?

Does anyone know if this building is still viable? Or is there any other similar one?

Drunken Fwuffy - Retaliation Warlord try this

1 Like