[Warder] Pure RETALIATION, REFLECT, INVINCIBLE, 100k+ DAMAGE, Hardcore Ultimate 100% Done (SF Gear)

As i said i have perdition shield which from what i understand is 1 of the best in the game for retaliation. After several hours of killing just melee hero’s trying to farm some form of reflect gear to add to my retaliation i managed to get a helm that has 29%. It’s not much but i think it could help if i stacked it high enough. Currently tho ranged mobs of any kind are absolutely out of the question. I have blitz as well but my weapon isnt that great and it only does about 400 damage per hit with level 1 blitz. (Im level 41)

This is a specialized build just to showcase that retaliation can work as your main focus. If you want high damage output, this is not the build to choose. What some others who have tried this build have done, is to continue using devouring swarm or briarthorn. Just to help with damage output early on. And as have also been mentioned several times in this thread, ranged enemies are a pain to kill and will take a long time regardless.

@Delabeled

Your defensive ability might be too high for the monsters to hit you. Hover your mouse over your defensive ability stat to see the hit chance from the last enemy that struck you. If the monsters connect a hit, then retaliation works every time. Retaliation does not work against ranged attacks, reflect is not really that useful but can help a tiny bit.

Is it better to go Kymon’s or Vigil for this build?

And would it be possible to list augment or component along with each BiS piece?

Thanks for the build.

Any updates for Devotion?

Great build. Did anyone finish hardest difficulty Crucible with this build?

Cleared gladiator 150 at level 81 using two piece dawnbreaker, two piece justice, and two piece markovians. It’s pretty easy to clear, just slow so don’t expect big points as your multiplier will drop off constantly.

Very nice build!
Could you write the name of augments you are using for items? neck, rings, maze.

Loving this build. Thanks for the awesome write up!

what devotion setup did you use?

Not having dryad makes it real hard.

Personally I use same devotions as the OP, except that I completed both Obelisk and Targo. I find both procs are up almost 100% of the time when fully leveled, and that makes them worth sacrificing some hp for. Still sit over 21k hp, which is plenty.

Also, go with a four pylon crucible and make them all offensive. I used 2 maxed lightning and 2 maxed inferno. Makes a big difference against caster bosses.

I’m on my 3rd Hard Core(only mode I’ve played) try at this build and game. My highest character was only 32. I’m here to vent and for a little community pick me up, but should I continue with this new Retaliation Warder -Lvl 25 HC or play the game on vet SC?

I seem to always be dying against new area dmg that I am not sure of, or like last time, an area I didn’t realize was a dead end and not enough HP for… What does the community suggest to someone who’s only really played D3 and only 1 play through?

I have one question for you. How high is your defensive ability? If it’s really high, monsters will have a hard time hitting you. If that is the case, then you’ll do no retaliation damage because something has to actually hit you in order for your retaliation damage to proc. If your DA is too high, I suggest doing what quests you need to do and running past everything else until you come across things that can actually hit you thereby reinstating your retaliation damage. An easy way to find out is to go let something attack you and hover your cursor over your defensive ability to see what their chance to hit is. If they can’t hit you, you won’t do damage. I know that this is counter-intuitive. Most builds you don’t want to get hit. This one you do. Not so much that it kills you but on that line between getting wrecked and staying full health.

May I ask which devotions you took points from to get the 6 points needed to finish those two?

Thanks.

Well I noticed the OP was needlessly high on yellows. So I took out Crane altogether and one point from Lion. Used those six points to finish Targo (which gave one more yellow also for completion), and then Obelisk as well.

The op plays hardcore though so his priorities are understandably different from my softcore, Crucible centric playstayle. Still though I wouldn’t recommend this build for crucible farming at all. It’s too slow compared to almost any other build despite the insane tankiness.

That’s great, Thank you.

hi squib!
only one quesion,have you found the Best in slot Helm: (still searching)Arms: (still searching)Boots: (still searching)and Rings: (still searching) from your wonderfull guide retaliation warder tank?
im very curiousin it!
thank you in advance

@amon: Actually it’s hard to say exact BiS for those. I’m using this set up :helm: mask of infernal truth; arms: Blacksteel gaunlet; boots: stormtitan treads. Rings: anything with high acid and poison res.

Thank you so much

Hello, is this build viable with the lastest patch(v1.0.0.5)?