What Are Crate Working On Now?

Apologies if thread done ad nauseum/elsewhere.
Now that FG is out are Crate working on the xbox version? The mysterious “town builder” or whatever unknown different genre project? Hiatus to spend time with families?

The majority of Crate are and have been working in the Town builder for some time now, some are working on the Xbox port and there’s still continuing tweaks and updates to GD on going.

Xbone port is supposed to be this year sometime. Not sure when. The town builder I suspect we are going to be finding out more of before long. Last we heard it was getting close and the website for it is close to being ready I believe. Other than that they are also working on the next patch plus we’re supposed to be getting a roguelike dungeon for FG at some point.

They are currently using all their resources to find the mysterious hacker who recently ruined the forums:rolleyes:

On the serious note, they are doing a rogue dungeon and who knows maybe secretly expac 3:p Town builder is in the way of launching soon hopefully and with more and more moneys in their bank account now I am pretty sure their luxury yachts are also increasing in numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck!!! The rollback must have erased the post by Medea and some other members that recommended some games to me - beginner with zero City Builder experience.

My requirement was that I am fine with post-acopalyptic, cyberpunk and medieval settings.

I recall Anno and Frostpunk were recommended but can’t remember the version of Anno that was recommended. There is another game that was stated to be well suited for people new to the genre.

Can one of you peeps help me out on this? I won’t derail this thread too much.

I’ve never played any of the Anno games but the new one looks interesting (though I’ve read some heavy player criticisms with how its been handled so far, seems like it might have released too early). Frostpunk is a cool game and I like it. I’ve only played it a lil yet. Need to dive into it more eventually.

Other than that there are many different types of “town builders”. You got your Tropico games, more indie-ish ones like Banished, or you could go the real management route (simcity style) with Cities: Skylines. Nice game.

Hard to say what approach Crate is taking with theirs since info is so sparse yet. The screenshot we got makes me think almost that it might be more Banished-style. Guess we’ll have to see.

This helps, thanks powbam

Without wasting much time I wanna ask one last thing, which of these would you say were more intuitive in your opinion?

As said Crate have several patches lined up for GD so that will be adding more to the game. The town builder has been worked on for a few years now and hopefully is close to being revealed. The thread about it is here

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79614&highlight=town+builder

And Xbox port is still going through testing/certification as the plan is to offer the game as a bundle of GD/AoM/FG .

Zantai also said in the last dev stream that he’s beginning to ramp up on another project which hopefully will become another new game for us to play in the future. So much as we joke about it, they’re not sitting on their yachts knocking back tri-beers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Chthon - Stronghold series, Port Royale series, Anno series (I found 1503 and 1701 to be the best, haven’t tried their new Anno 1800 yet), Zeus: Master of Olympus for a Greek setting, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom for China and Children of the Nile for an Egpyt one. Zeus, Emperor and Children of the Nile all have ingame tutorials to help you learn how it all works. Stronghold has a small one, but very basic. Banished is interesting, a one man developed game that’s quite popular and has a lot of mods for it.

Mmm. I’ll go on a limb actually and say Frostpunk is pretty intuitive. It’s a very unique game compared to most “townbuilder” types tho. As far as I can tell they have some pretty good devs, they’ve tossed out “free” new content and all that good stuff. Its approach to the genre is vastly different than any of the others tho but its worth getting imo. Beautiful art and “storytellling” approach. Interesting mechanics etc.

Watch Let’s Play videos of the ones you are interested in tho to get a better idea if something will interest you.

Seriously, you are pretty much omnipresent.

:smiley:

Thanks powbam

I think the list is big enough to give me a direction now. Thanks you two!

See, crate should release this builder asap as people are getting drawn to play something else myself included:p. I want to play Frostpunk too( purchased it month ago but havent tried it) but if crate releases this builder now I will hold my horses. I hate me now as I am always the impatient one:furious:

Nah, just love this type of city builders. :slight_smile:

You can also visit the Steam forums for some of them. I know the Banished one is quite active and there’s a Zeus one as well. Haven’t checked the others.

You could also look at Heaven Games website because they have forums for a lot of the city builder type games.

http://www.heavengames.com/

City Skylines is the best city builder I have played so far so Im really curious of Crates take on builders. I hope it has some unique twists in it like card battles and romance ladder system :smiley:

Wow is Heaven Games still around? I used to be very active on that site, around 17 years ago.

Yes, it’s still going. :slight_smile: