What changes does Bloody Pox need to be a main damaging skill?

If you can’t make debuffs stack, is it possible for you to increase rate at which damage ticks occur?

Alternatively, you might want to explore making pox deal more damage the longer an enemy is infected with it. This would actually make duration modifiers on it a lot more potent.

What you’ve done to SW sounds broken. It’s basically more powerful than a channeled spell like FoI

sadly it seems hardcoded into the template, it seems i can only set its tick interval manually and not have it dynamically change via stats

is there a skill in the game that does something similar? right now i wouldn’t know how to manage it, but if i can see how something else did it, then i might be able to replicate it. right now i reduced its base duration a lot and made it gain increased duration with each level, which in turn kept the gameplay loop more active and the spec quite spirit hungry

it starts around 30% weapon damage and depends on the enemy attacking you, but it really might be too strong, i was just spitballing damage numbers so far

Have you tested % Weapon Damage on a debuff? Last time I did so (which was before AoM, who knows) %WD wouldn’t actually apply.

it shows ingame on the tooltip, do i need to check if the damage actually appears on the enemy?

edit: i think i know what you mean, i added WD% as an initial hit ( which works) and i don’t think there is a way of adding a wps dot, if you found an option, please tell me and i will test it out.

weapon damage % on a fixed dot interval is a weird feeling. you tend to look for 2h weapons with the highest damage peaks and slowest attack speed.
not sure if i like it or if i should just increase vit damage or add poison damage instead to keep a caster feeling.

just killed the warder and i can’t decide if the skills are strong or not. against single entities/bosses it took bloody pox and ill omen together around level 10+ to feel like a good boss killing tool, though i have not yet skilled into DE for the st rr.
against trash it is just pure joy to see those skills eat their way through the whole room and turn dead enemies into deadly mines for your foes.

since you guys have shown interest and provided so much help, i thought i give you the current version to try out alongside me.

maybe you could tell me how it compares to other builds in the endgame, since i don’t have anything to compare it to^^"

https://mega.nz/#!SHgBVYiY!JrmbkhyTK6IaQ6SG-KwQvHF_V91c5ERUP0Ty1WEKdQg

edit: i forgot to mention: ill omen can be specced into in tier 1, drain essence in tier 2. it’s not visually represented right, i’ll have to see what i can do there

% Weapon damage on debuffs is a no-no, just fyi.

I am almost certain that it uses the enemy’s weapon damage. :stuck_out_tongue:

oh god, thanks for the headsup! :smiley:

is there a way to make dots tick faster or increase their potency the longer they are active? if i have the master here, it would be a folly to not ask :slight_smile:

edit: i should clarify: tick faster because of an increase in stats or level, not because i changed the base interval

Those are both mechanics that do not exist.

i was afraid of that, thanks for telling me, kept me from wasting a lot of time :smiley:

Yeah. 30% WD is OP as hell. To put it into context, the strongest FoI build (in my biased opinion) is the 98% WD one I did with the tainted flames transmutor.

At 200% cast speed, it hits about 6 times a second for ~600% WD.

If SW has 0s CD, and 30% WD, then it’d be like a a laser beam :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S: How would I go about adding the mod to the main game?

i think you misunderstand, it’s a passive proc that only hits if you get attacked. it doesn’t hit enemies like a laser beam, it’s more like a small dot that applies to them every time they attack you, like retaliation damage.
for the dots itself it works with the initial hit as weapon damage %, the rest is the slow dot.

about adding the mod: just unpack the zip into the Grim Dawn/mods folder and choose custom game.

@Zantai how come the weapon damage correlates to my equipped weapon on these debuff skills? if it uses enemy weapon damage it shouldn’t change if i equip a different weapon, right? i think you might be talking about a slow attack version of weapon damage that i haven’t figured out yet, i just use the weapon attack percent parameter in the skill config area, not the folder with attack values