What do you do after getting bored of playing games?

I like to switch up mediums if I get bored. I’ve got a bunch of tabletop games that I want to play solo. Too Many Bones, Gloomhaven, City of Kings, and a bunch of others I haven’t even touched sitting on my shelf.

I typically fill the time that I would be gaming with reading. It’s kind of a shame because I thoroughly enjoy reading, but for some reason it does not usually take precedent over my other hobbies. I’ve noticed a trend where when my gaming habits diminish, my reading habits increase. Not sure why the two are closely tied together (compared to other things that I enjoy doing). Maybe they fill similar roles with imagination/story.

Many things from reading, watching tv to listening music, making music, learning new things like sound visualization, or doing other stuff like this: https://coub.com/view/100btx

Choices and possibilities are endless if you have the staying power. Also if you have free time. Free time…those words go together?

Edit: but then it’s back to:

if stars align.

For me, I don’t turn to other hobbies when I need a break from gaming, it’s more like vice versa. My main passion hobby is rock-hounding. No, not crack rocks, minerals; quartz, citrine, amethyst, that type of deal. I love mining, digging for, and buying minerals. It’s kind of hard to explain; I think it’s one of those things that you either get it or don’t. Where some see just a rock or a colored piece of glass, I see a nature-made sculpture; a frozen world in the palm of my hand. There’s just something I find soothing in like a quartz cluster or a single terminated smoky citrine.

I act like an asshole on the Internet

I usually watch boxsets on Blu-ray/DVD, but in the last couple of months I’ve been mucking around with LEGO ideas using the Digital Designer software. Initially it was so I could design a hangar bay for my UCS Millennium Falcon to look fancy in a coffee table:

Now I’ve gone a little further with some influence from No Man’s Sky and produced some designs for a modular starship:

More images here:
https://www.deviantart.com/scenegg/gallery/66904177/LEGO-Designs

Nice Lego!

I usually take a walk, go to the gym, watch a movie, drink beer or cook some nice food

Hm …good idea …talking a walk past the gym to get some beers. And coke and food. Wait what? I might have misread something. Anyway … :eek: … outside the world is on fire, but … beer … hmpf.

drink bear is fine too, you have to find one and kill it first though

And bring along a big enough liquidiser too

Grab a book and start reading till I get bored from it and get back to playing games.

read about physics, watch physics videos, fantasise about being a physicist.

bust a quick fap

The contest is over, go home everybody. We have a winner.

I go on forums about pc games.

going to the gym, playing airsoft with friends or making my miniature models of tanks, planes etc

after a while I want to play some games again (this mostly happens during the summer)

When I get bored of playing games I make music with hopelessly outdated software and a huge sample library which I keep building since the mid 90s.

So now that I’m waiting for the FG release, I made a few new trax and uploaded them alongside some old ass trax to a fresh new soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-369456072

check it out if you are into hard, noisy and fun electronica.

Usually when i get bored of arpgs, i go back to mod skyrim again, for perfection, takes some weeks till i make the modlist and all i want and then create a brand new character with a back story and all, my last one was a bandit plague “doctor”, old fuck got killed by the guards, may he rest in peace :smiley:

I play puzzle games when I get bored of arpgs.

And I get back to arpgs when I get bored of puzzle games.