What do you make of 1.1.2?

Not at all, I’m genuinely cuious - I don’t have any AAR builds, and GT doesn’t have the changes up. I’m also too lazy to GDstash out a set right now to see what the clairvoyant set actually does.

In fact, I have no idea what any of the new sets do.

I guess I’m just trying to factor in your opinion with the one shared by avyctes and user_name.

They seemed pretty bummed with the damage drop.

ok/10chars

p.s. I think aether ray still has problems. I fear that MI offhand that gives it lifesteal feels mandatory. Have to test more with clairvoyant tho :confused:

What do you praets think the biggest changes were?

Fair enough.

In my honest, non-crucible-playing opinion, AAR is now very fun to play in general where before it was only fun to play against bosses. Is its boss-killing capacity reduced? Absolutely, there’s no debate there. But I fully believe this is a worthwhile change and I’d hate to see things reverted. If anything, there’s nothing to stop AAR from receiving some slight damage improvements on the base skill and its items if need be. Go play! Its new FX certainly looks cooler, that’s for sure.

For me - The unannounced controller changes, which have unfortunately seen a rough start. If I’d have known they were added to this patch I would have switched off public and did some testing this patch I think. Sadly, I only found out today.

As for your comment in regards to the Warlord/Ret changes, everyone paying attention to the forums has known pretty much since FG came down and people really got their hands on it that Warlord was going to get smacked good. It should not be a surprise to any regulars, that’s for sure.

SR Amulet, Mythical Reforged Chains of Oleron, the not-undeserved RATA nerfs, Mythical/Dreadfire, Rah’zin, Mythical Korvan Wyrm, AAR. I suspect these will shake things up the most.

I do think the Octavius/Virtue nerfs were too heavy-handed but I will reserve my overall judgement until I’ve had more time to play them in their current state.

Edit: Honorable mention to Maiven’s and something Zantai probably wants me to stop talking about and I almost (but didn’t!) flamed John Smith for on stream.

Piercing Ground Slam, RR on Eldritch Hound, Lost Souls buffs, Reap Spirit Wraith duration. None of the other changes really matter.

Ya biased. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who, me? No way man. I love all pets equally.

1 Like

Against non-pets I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maya,stop writing from sigatrev account:D

I would say all of them are fair justified specially warlord nerf which is the best thing to happen to the game: removing a tyrant ! And maybe just a little bit more single target damage to AAR.

For me, this patch will most likely be the last patch I play in a long time.
My plan is to finish some more noob build guides, finish my druid that I level up legit and self-found, and maybe fool around with the new AAR.
I might come back and play more GD later when patching has become more stabilized - GD has for the year I have been playing felt alot more PoE/D3 seasoned based that I anticipated

As adoomgod stated, Warlords (or anything with the ability to chain at least 2 defensive skills for that matter) are still pretty much fine. The only thing that might be a bit too harsh in regards to nerfs is the Virtue Set. But I’m not really sure on that one, I don’t have a strong opinion about it yet.

A friend of mine plays a Vit DK build that is very happy about the changes to Scales of Ulcama. The RR is a really nice addition that makes his build way more consistant.

Nightblade buffs are great and IMO sensible enough to not spark any controversy. It’s a slight improvement that was needed.

I really like the Devotion changes in general. RR to Revenant proc - Amazing. Acid Retal on Rat - Amazing. Increased Acid RR scaling on Rumor - Amazing. Increased Block chance on Shield Maiden - Amazing.

Overall I’m really enjoying this patch and I have a lot of stuff to play around with in the next days and weeks to come.

Actually I’m kinda looking forward too, to the point when Crate “interference” tapers off and the game more passes into the hands of the modders. We’re getting there.

yeah, perhaps it will be a good time for me to pick it up again around Xmas

so modders can do the 3rd expac?:cool::stuck_out_tongue:

Im also almost done with Grim Dawn myself, will come back when the new rogue dungeon is released to play a bit other than that there is nothing much to do now

My main gripe is the new controller scheme, playing with a gamepad used to be a delight, it’s a crawling nightmare now to do anything outside of combat.

Sure… maybe you can make us the 3rd expac?

It should be “fixed” next hotfix. Rhis replied in the testing forum that he was going to put the “mouse movement” back on the analog stick and have the “snap movement” on the d-pad (but with repeatable movement, press and hold for continuous movement rather than have to press item by item). In other words, both will be readily available.

That’s great news. Hope it comes soon.