What keep you playing a char after lvl 100?

After reaching level 100 , I farm the blueprints and all and my endgame gear. when I am all set with faction reps and thus augments, I re-run the rogue dungeons (TotH is my favorite) . Then I run the whole game again in Ultimate to see how I am doing against monsters who have now scaled up,(Feels like : I am back ****** :sunglasses: ) and to remove any covered area on the map (it irritates me if I see those smoke layers :expressionless: ) Then I go ready few sets of gears (as close to the desired ones as possible from the smiths if it is craft-able) and different augments to fight the celestials .
I test my character in front of Lokarr and in SR.

Then I make alts and repeat all the above till I have all the blueprints.

Then I delete those blueprints from the save folder ( did it once by mistake ) and then " Here I come again :smiling_imp: )

Note – Three of my crazy “targets” with alts -

1. Farm at least one of ALL MIs (any affixes)
  2. Single class leveling (demolitionist ongoing)
  3. Play chaos , cold, lightning builds with any class ( very laughable I know :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:)

There’s a lot to progress in this game even after lvl100.
I’ve played quite a few builds, but i’ve yet to make a one who can reliably farm full Gladiator Crucible without wasting a massive amount of tributes. Today my current char got a oneshot there for ~31k damage (now shown as the highest damage taken), and he’s 65+ overcapped on all resistances… Yes, i know, everyone and their mother claim their build is able to farm gladiator crucible, but when I try to do the same, it’s all up to RNG (one run i’m perfectly fine, while another i got a sudden insta-gib).
But i believe my current char is pretty close, and there’s quite a room for improvement with his gear, as i’m using a lot of MI’s.
Sure, when you build your character with uniques & rares in every slot, there’s a little room for improvement after you got all required gear. But with multiple MI’s, you have to adapt and improvise.

you could definitely try to recheck if your DA is high enough and try melee or caster build for crucible because the area gets increasingly cramped.

Also try to reroll the mutators . start the play. if you see a mutator debuffing you heavily especially cc resistances or debuffing your damage type exit and start again. I know it will be boring but I myself do that all the time but gets your job done - clearing gladiator crucible that it.
Cheers !

I know, my DA was relatively low, there was +60% crit damage mutator, i hadnt killed Anasteria in time, and Korvak hit me…
I’ve fixed my mistakes later - increased DA with some augments and always using Ulzuin Pact, increased HP to 38k buffed (so even a 30k crit wont a oneshot), and i always focus Anasteria bitch first.
After all those tweaks i managed to clear Gladiator Crucible 170 relatively safe and fast enough to last 3 times before buffs fade off. I dont bother with clearspeed faster than that, as i spend most of my time sorting the loot gained after farming anyways.
And yes, my build is a melee one. Vitality EoR Archon. It’s the first build i can clear Gladiator Crucible 170 without praying to RNGesus.

1 Like

:blush: great job mate !
For me it was always Zantarin . while dodging the undead nemesis( forgot the name ) I moved away and then I noticed projectiles coming at me , I was more focused on not getting CHILLed then “you re dead!” . So zantarin is a kill on sight for me :sweat_smile:

Yeah, i’ve “eaten” his shotgun once (used a movement skill to reach him when he was casting it). Took ~75% of my HP. A large HP pool does matter indeed…

1 Like

Because it’s fun, and i don’t run SR. My builds are mostly specialized e.g. a cold build to shatter the Bastion of Chaos and perhaps Ancient Grove; a chaos build to run Steps and Valbury … etc

Once in a while, i will scroll randomly through my long list of characters and take whom’st’ever i feel like playing with, out for a spin – sometimes literally in the case of EoR builds.

Think of it like a booty call. You know it’s not gonna last but the sex is totally still worth it.

1 Like

NOTHING. By the time i get there i had my fill and enough items in stash to want to play other builds, aka raise other chars.

Nothing. Endgame is pretty boring here, and the fact that endgame starts at lvl 94 and ends at lvl 100 with no further progression is hilarious. No seasons, no resets, no new mechanics, what is this solo grind for then? Only altoholics will enjoy it.

yes, i love having my work completely invalidated and removed every 3months, great “feature” :ok_hand:

please, how many games actually introduce real new mechanics each season, and not just some rehash or reskin of something prior, and when new stuff is introduced it’s def rarely every season

anyways, the beauty of GD is that it doesn’t do exaxctly what “all” the others do, so that it can cater to different people, instead of all games catering only to the exact same segment of players, different tastes/strokes for different people

and such is the glory of the addiction :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Cool, so it looks like Crate devs are pleasing some small fraction of gamers (casual SP lovers). There’s nothing wrong with that.
Still, as a dev you can have online AND offline options, like D2 had and still has. I don’t see why not.
It doesn’t be that horrendous as you are describing (and you’re implying PoE I guess, which became a mess few years ago).

Keep in mind Crate is a small team. Even if they wanted to implement such a system, it would take too many valuable people away from other projects, such as Farthest Frontier and the upcoming RTS.

Never mind community league exists already.

that would assume it’s not the fraction of non-casual/hardcore players that remain and enjoy seasons :wink:

100%, and i don’t remember the exact reason given for why GD didn’t do that, aside from dev resource/team size not including the scope back then, mod tools/game being modable meaning anti cheat would be a nightmare etc
but totally right, and it’s been suggested many times, and having the best of both worlds is indeed possible in an ideal scenario, but there is ofc always “factors” to consider, and devs decided to focus on GD as an offline SP experience, for their first instalment atleast

true it doesn’t, D2 would be a good example of more casual resets, but it’s still resets, with some features gated off by only playing on ladder, and the resets still then invalidating that work and effort (granted could just have made features not ladder exclusive ofc) - but either way, it would require 2 separate modes, because otherwise resets is resets, and some don’t like that.
Wasn’t but a few days ago someone mentioned PoE resets making you relegated to the “inactive” servers because all the attention is on the season servers, and they didn’t enjoy that aspect. Game being centred around trading etc means inactive servers can’t trade, teamup whatever because dead population compared to season, yet didn’t feel like starting char over every couple months.
so even a game that does have both modes, still doesnt’ really fully/“truly” cater to all people, because the MP aspect is still ruined
anyway, point being, it’s not always just as simple as we might think, ie in terms of “just have 2 modes”, player spectrum and tastes can vary/be broader than so

Since the game is mainly SP and is balanced around that of course that’s the market Crate are mainly aiming for. And was said years ago that anything more “adventurous” shall we say on the multiplayer side needed to be built in right at the start. Not to mention that there was no way Crate had the funding to be able to run something like that.

1 Like

That’s the lamest excuse ever, especially after having 7kk+ sales and developing the game for 10+ years. “We’re just a small team bro!” - yeah so were GGG and Blizzard in 90’s and so on, hire more people, find investors, do something. They don’t want, or can’t improve the game.

Yeah it’s their “vision”, they just want this game to be single player ARPG. Having online features means more development, anti-cheating measures, servers etc. Still should be doable. Such potential is wasted.
I honestly like what D2R is offering rn, some “soft” resets with mechanics sprinkled into the gameplay, like these sunder charms, they were really shaking the meta. Why can’t GD have the same.

well, GD has the game’s mod tools released for one, so that might already complicate server protection/anti cheat
vision aside too
probably largely down to team size and funding. One thing might be developing a game from the start to be MP/online closed server functional, another might be to retrofit it after. And in either case it would have required dev resources and investment, something they definitely didnt’ have back in the start, and these days might not be a good return on investment/late in game’s “life cycle” (tho that’s always just a guess ofc/have 0 insight into the potential roi there)

Simple. Because the game is content complete and has been for a while now. If you want those “features” then GD isn’t the game for you. Whether Crate will add anything along those lines if/when they get around to making GD2 we’ll just have to wait and see.

And, believe it or not, Crate aren’t really interested in people throwing money at them.

2 Likes

So devs are in their comfort zone or just don’t really care of ARPG scene, or lazy or idk. Got it.

No, but they’ve been working on the game since 2012, some of them even before that, and they want a break from the ARPG genre for a while. They also want a broad range of IP’s in their company portfolio so they’re not just relying on the one game to bring in the cash. So atm as well as balance patches for GD they’re working on a new generation of their game engine and also have a horror survival game and an RTS game under development.