What to do with shitty completion bonus for hard to make relic?

I’ve been farming several days for making Ancestor relic,
it only Transcendece relic, but it is the harder to made one.
Most of the time spent farming Vengeful Wraith and Ectoplasm components.
Need full 15 Ectoplasm, or about 45 ectoplasm drops if no Vengeful Wraith drop.

Made one just now guess what completion bonus is +1 to Tenacity of The Boar :furious:, the most shitty of shit skills because face it NO summoner use Savagery line PERIOD.

What do you do when you get shitty completion bonus on hard to make relic?
Is it any way or program or editor to change the completion bonus?

It would be good if we got the completion bonus of either : passive skills, Briarthorn, Totem, Vines.

The hell who decide this RNG with crappy random bonuses, even if there is a very low chance to get a shitty bonus, there bound to be people disappointed.

At least make the completion bonus more universal like increasing stats, hp, mp, regen, OA, DA, etc. so it useful for everyone.

Class-based relics (like Ancestor) grant +skills to one or two skills in that mastery as their completion bonus.

Non-class relics tend to grant universal stats as you describe (OA, DA, % Damage, Physique/Cunning/Spirit).

Regardless, relic completion bonuses are almost universally disappointing. Cornucopia handled it simply by tailoring very specific, focused bonuses to each individual nonclass relic and improving the skill selection of class relics. This was something I personally oversaw and am very happy with. It’s a vast improvement over the base game’s implementation, in my opinion, though I’m a little biased. :wink:

Not voting. Don’t really like any of your options. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the OP just needs to roll the dice and go to Church is all.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25861

Cornucopia made a lot of changes in the game, with that many changes I prefer the original one.

Problem with original one just this randomness of completion bonus for hard to make relic, if it is easy everyone won’t have problem.

What I do is copy the save file to my desktop, then make the item and see what I get. if it’s garbage, I paste the desktop save file back in and try again. Repeat until I have one of the good ones.

I using steam with steam cloud I hear using a copy of save will revert to last steam cloud save, so even if you got good option it will revert back when you re-enable steam cloud, is that true?

you need to disable cloud save for any save file manipulation (duplication, tools …)

Okay thanks nice reference for future try, do you guys use this trick too?

Although I prefer standard game, guess we have no choice? especially for harder relic like Primal Instinct. I think Ancestor kinda better stat wise but with less pets to boot.

Though still not sure what I’ll do with one of the worst Ancestor relic I have now. I guess I just have to pretend that the relic don’t have any completion bonus.

Depends. Remains to be seen what new features/changes may come in the expansion. It’s always possible they may implement something new yet that affects it.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

I clearly would prefer the version of non rng. I hate this bitch and no rng luck in any game will ever change it. Its one of many reasons i dont like d3 that much: Get this one freakin weapon or die like the rest.

One “cheat” I allow myself to do (which has extended my time playing the game considerably by reducing mindless grinding) is to infinitely craft/dupe items I have already found at least once. For example, if I legitimately come across an item with badly rolled stats or I legitimately craft a relic with bad completion bonuses, I use GDstash to craft a better version of the item for free. I don’t add stats or prefixes that normally can’t be found on the item, though. I just don’t have the time to grind for a better version of an item that I’ve already found/crafted legitimately once.

EDIT: now that I think of it, it would be really nice to have a “re-roll” crafting option which costs iron and re-rolls any completion bonuses or stat distributions on the item. It would be a great use of iron which otherwise doesn’t have much use in the late late game.

My Nemesis I crafted on Corn had +1 Nightblade as completion bonus. I was rather happy :slight_smile:

IMO a completion bonus is like a “free stat that should not be there” because, you know, is a bonus. So, my guess is that those bonus stats are not designed to be critical in any build. Usually I dont even look at what I got as bonus.

While it sure is a bonus, that bonus can range from utterly useless to extremely powerful. It’s not that difficult to imagine dissapointment if that bonus applies to skills you don’t use at all.