What's a build that can do dungeons and SR <40 reasonably?

That also works. You might be able to squeeze in another dmg proc or just some extra Pet stats. I just like the extra buffer from Tortoise for Superbosses :stuck_out_tongue:

L2P ////10char

You are Looking 2 Pet, eh?
Alright, gif details and I can tailor craft a pet build for you image

Ceno made that thing, blame him

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk66ORZ

So, Korvaak seems to be a devotion tailored towards pet builds, but I donā€™t see people using it, why is that?.

Alright, get Vulnerability to 10/10 and Manipulation to 12/12. You can also 10/10 Curse of Frailty atm since you wonā€™t be able to convert pet physical dmg until later.

Get Rid of Devouring Swarm and Vines. You can also take points from Hellhound.

Because it is kind of underpowered for pets.

It provides +90% pet dmg, +5% OA, +8% Crit, +20% chaos res and +6% Hp.

It is also a Tier 3 devotion that requires 18 Blue + 10 Green.

Meanwhile Staff of Rattosh gives +80% pet dmg, +6% OA, +6% Crit, +15% aether res & +10% vitality res. It is a Tier 2 devotion that is much easier to get.

As for the Proc itself, it doesnā€™t even come close to the likes of Dying God or Mogdrogen the Wolf interms of offensive potential.

So all-in-all, kind ofā€¦ meh.

Ok I will swap around the devotions and put Rattosh there somehow. No more turtle, welcome Rattosh.

Alright I went Rattosh + Dragon (forgot the name), no turtle and healing rain. I die a bit more often, but things get killed faster :slight_smile:

@Maya getting my ass kicked by Lokkar :frowning:

I have to run away all the time and my pets de-aggro, I think I might be able to kill him maybe in 20 mins of kitting, but its hard since he regenes when he kills me.

Maybe this buld canā€™t kill Lokkar?. (the budget build)

Budget builds arenā€™t supposed to kill superbosses, which Lokarr is.

The only purpose of the budget builds, or atleast my budget builds are to let you farm SR on Normal to get you the items you need to make it a proper non budget build.

1 Like

Classic case of Expectations > reality. :rofl:

1 Like

I did try to kill Ravager back in AoM with a budget pet conjurerā€¦ image

I was reading everywhere that Lokkar was ā€œeasyā€, so I gave it a try :slight_smile:

On which builds though :stuck_out_tongue:

I did complete SR 50 on normal with ease. I will keep at it and see how far I can get.

And yet iā€™m playing a conjurer pet build and ran into a brick wall at elite & level 70. Why ? Cuz noob and Iā€™m following the guide without really knowing what im doing. The level of help you can get in this forum is great. I know that because iā€™d be dead in the water if a bunch of people hsdnt stepped in to offer advice.

3 Likes

I just want to point out, in case this thread gets bumped or somebody reads it for some reason looking for advice, that itā€™s definitely possible to build a vireā€™s might templar capable of reliably completing roguelike dungeons in ultimate using only self-found or purchased gear. I know the OP got good advice on beginner characters and has moved on to something else, and templars may be a weak combo overall, but the general tone of the thread suggested one wonā€™t be able to farm the vanquisherā€™s set and thatā€™s not true. Of course, if itā€™s your first character and you donā€™t have any recipes, youā€™re going to need to spend time farming component recipes, and thereā€™s definitely going to be a learning process about what you need before you can complete certain content, but itā€™s absolutely doable.

I havenā€™t completed the set yet, but I can easily tank sharā€™zul, as long as Iā€™m careful to keep ascension up, and am safe and steady against gargabol, though kiting it away from fissures is necessary. Sharzul and gargabol certainly take longer to kill than Iā€™d like, but go down in under a minute (Iā€™d guess, based on ascension cycles). Considering that you can dash through the dungeons lightning fast with vireā€™s might, itā€™s really not that bad. All the roguelike dungeons and bosses were doable with faction gear and random greens and blues except for gargabol, but running the other three dungeons and killing nemeses whenever they show up easily provided me with the gear to iterate on my build until gargabol became a smooth fight.