What's your thoughts on the 5th Rogue Dungeon?

That’s actually not all it was supposed to have…fixed a bug for v1.1.5.2. :wink:

Well I hope the random spawns remain; they’re currently my favorite part of the dungeon!

Here’s hoping we get moar :wink:

How about a toggle, like Extra spawns in Cruci?

I don’t like enemies models. They are pretty standard but recolored to navy or smth like that. Now we have 4 normal dungeons and the blue one. Would be much better if they’d left models as it is.

Also new dungeon isn’t dark and grim, but that’s the general problem. Grim Dawn isn’t grim since FG or even earlier. There are no gloomy rituals, no heresy so unspeakable that gods cursed the entire place, no atmosphere of horror and spreading disease, just a short and merry walk.

and that is exactly my point. Leave that “low tier” stuff for other games or for sr enthusiasts, i play gd since lvl cap was 45 and the strong point of this game is that ,given that you build with a brain and you check all the right numbers, you can be creative and try stuff. I don’t want to be pigeonholed to play those “top tier” builds and that’s why i avoid sr (well i find it boring too) and crucible (yeah boring) like the plague.

I feel you dear dark one! mature people like you should have been part of the dev team… Alas its too late now… Grim Dawn has gone downhill since AoM. Forgotten Gods escapade, though was a fun ride, was just clearly an attempt to tie the lores of the witch gods and to capture some TQ fans which they probably have done successfully… but at the expense of losing the grim dark blood and gory atmosphere that many loved in the first place, Vanilla and aom has that impact with their boss fights and dungeons…

The essence of grim dawn is about death and suffering and many of that aspect is lost as of late… :unamused:

Now additionaly you dont see that spirit in the new dungeon because of the different setting and knowing its the final dungeon with no future grim atmosphere insight is a huge blow to the franchise… No blood and gore ending too with FG korvaak, you see loggy is grim and blood, theodin is grim and blood too…, Korvaak not so much he is too fiery bright. that bloodthirsty grim dark tone is kinda lost unfortunately thats why also the review on Steam of FG is lowest of all grim dawn expac. Crucible not including( it has lowest score because how annoying Lokarr is) … Well at least Morgoneth is kinda dark but his dungeon did not match his appearance

again im impressed of this dungeon but not the grim side of it

1 Like

Hm, considering that many early backers of the game, and I’m talking pre Kickstarter here, were TQ fans I think Crate captured them pretty early on. :grava_yes:

I love it, though I died at final boss and didn’t tried trap room. Love the guardian at the gates and his phrase.
May be it’s too short and the purple pools extremly big plus they cause too much overdraw when they are stacked.

Are people saying it’s too short taking into consideration there’s a quest attached to it where you have to find the seals to open it? I’d say that balances out it maybe being shorter than the other rogues. I don’t go into them so can’t really compare.

People saying GD isn’t dark or grim anymore may have missed the part where you crawl through dark, maggot-infested, pustule-ridden intestines to get the key to a dungeon where the cold black nothingness of eternal night is slowly consuming all of reality, all the while finding lore notes describing in bloody detail how fucked up everything and everyone is. :thinking:

Sure, there’s definitely an element of prettiness and colour to GD as of late, but it ain’t like we’ve gone full Whimsyshire.

Yes yes you are right. I want to point out that I really appreciate that part of the quest and my grim erection was reaching high unprecedented levels but it went down so fast after i saw the boss of that maw…

You do realize that most people almost never even review dlc anyway? Go look at the ratio of dlc reviews versus the main game. Most just review the main and call it a day.

Also, you are outta yer mind - I’m pretty sure the majority like FG just fine. Yer really going in a weird direction with this, imo.

1 Like

I completely forgot about this quest! Yeah, it’s a well done quest with interesting backsotry. I take my complaint back.

new content is really good. Its compact but long enough i think for an expansion. Cool models and dark as fuck i mean what the hell man: not dark? what is wrong with you.

do some panic room with no lights or something jeez

yeah although it’s funny how the third lore note from H-man is “Okay I’ll find a way out yadda… breeze yadda…” literally ten meters from the exit, but implying that the loser jumped into the fleshy pit or at least missed the exit point and died inside. GD lore at it’s finest!

Sorry, I can’t sense dark atmosphere in maw, for me it’s more like lemmiwinks trip. :smiley:

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

The whole area is relatively empty, enemies ain’t challenging at all. It took a minute or two to break through including boss fight. I can’t compare this exp with say Diablo I where only a small spot of light is around you and you step very carefully afraid of each whisper from the dark.

But it’s not only the absence of light that makes dark, but also a special places. A dying man inside pentagram circle deep inside Wightmire, pools of blood in ruined castle of fallen empire, cursed priest sealed in crypt for eternity etc. FG… well it even starts wrong. The emissary just suddenly appears (in three different places simultaneously, yeah) after Act I. Hi, Neo, you’re chosen one, now go through portal and I’ll show you something. There is no story behind it. Unfortunately the same can be said about the expansion and TohH isn’t exception. It’s generally ok I admit it, but I like classic GD atmosphere much more while FG for me is just a grind zone. Typically I rush through it with max speed just to kill Korvaak.

1 Like

They can still redeem the Maw by adding a random spawn there or nemesis like enemy that invokes fear and dread, not a random bug that we have seen somewhere, its really a missed opportunity, imho. The poison floors are barely noticeable and arent posing much threat. It looks scary at first but you realize it all just decoration… a giant snake likeboss here would be fitting or a corrupted poisoned bloody butcher like warrior would be better than a medium size insect, imagine a steroided deformed version of blood pit borris, yummy… or a big bad Gollus 2.0

In general enemies in FG arent nearly as impossing as in AoM - either some generic and boring living statues or ghosts/mummies. Gargoyles are very Opressor look alike and i guess they should be the Eldrtich forces equivalent of it - reluctantly the game is almost devoit of any serious Gargoyle forces (even in the final final zone you would expect the biggest congregation of Korvaaks forces top brass - its just empty…).

Still the new zone should have been much darker / gloomy / depressing as we are talking about the end of things > worse than the Void itself (as per Zantai`s comments this is GDs Hell equivalent).

And remove useless fodder animal enemies and introduce hordes of freakish Yugol minions (Hungers were nice addition but we need much more than 3-4 unique mobs).

my biggest problem with it is that there’s zero reason to fight anything that isn’t boss-tier. Ancient Grove could be speedrun, sure, but then you were missing out on some potentially sweet plant ring MIs. this dungeon has…the halberds? I get that this is because there’s a bunch of legendary items to find, but all of those are gated to very specific mobs that are always in the same places. Everything else is just a snarling roadblock trying to distract you from that goal. Special mention goes to the Blueberry Blast Void Leeches, which straight up actively punish you for killing them.

Also I already know I’m going to lose my mind trying to get these magi rings.This is feels gross to even type, but I kind of wish the magi just had a chance to drop tokens that you could redeem for a specific ring. a 1.67% drop change for an enemy that has a 28% chance to appear in the first place? man oh man.

1 Like

yeah, sadly Crate cant make FG a living hell experience for the players because of the way its designed. Its NOT strictly an end game act because it can be by bypassed by AoM… and with that they cant make it significantly harder than Ashes… agree that the final areas could be more harder though… but Crate likes to soften the game to scale to newer players but it breaks the immersion because of the over abundance of fodder enemies in end zones, its truly disturbing