Which character is considered as the best 2H for pure physical dmg?

Hi.

I just picked up Forgotten Gods and about to start a new toon and replay the game from scratch. I like to smash things so a 2H is my choice. I have a lvl 100 2H Warder already as from all the characters it was the obvious choice for a 2H back when I played the game actively. However it is elemental dmg with lightning effects which gives me seizure and I did not enjoyed it that much. I want to play a pure physical 2H barbarian type character. What do you recommend please ?

Thanks.

Welcome to the latest expansion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably going to be a Warder again, though bleeding based using Savagery rather than elemental. Can be physical as well iirc.

Definitely Warlord. You can play either Forcewave or Blade Arc. Also Warlord is good defensive class. Other options are Death Knight, Witchblade or Archon.

Strongest would be Bloodrager/Naadan’s Reach Blade Arc Blademaster. Made by @Firozo, I don’t have a link but you can look it up.

I will also plug my Big Bad Witchblade.. No the strongest but still very strong.

You could remove screen shake for starters via the options menu.

If nadaan is the strongest 2h phys build then it really needs a huge nerf. Something like 100% armor piercing.

Nadaan’s being best phys 2h… wait what. That’s honestly pretty stupid (great build though).

I would say Gutsmasher Warder, Gutsmasher Witchblade, Leviathan DK and Avenger Archon are also pretty good/decent aswell.

yea-yea, I meant Pierce BM. But it’s the same as physical, no visual effects, pure slaughter.

And doesn’t go through armor.

yeah, that. If you want to play a good physical build, just play pierce. Pure physical builds are kind of rare these days.

why is that ?

Pierce is better damage than physical cause physical have to go through armor on mobs and physical resistance too. But Internal trauma bypass the armor and monsters have innate low resistance. So physical with high trauma is still great. Forcewave Warlord/Witchblade, Blade Arc or Savagery Archon should be all viable choices.

Even if something isn’t overpowered don’t be discouraged to trying it!

So pierce damage type don’t have any rezist and armor checks before the numbers are set ? Pierce is basically true damage ?
I am a little bit confused , because for me pierce is physical type damage as well. Also there is always a DoT equivalent for set damage type, physical/trauma, lightning/electrocute, fire/burn… what is the dot type for Pierce then ?
So a full 2H pierce build is stronger than a 2H physical Warder ?

Pierce don’t have DoT, just like chaos and aether.

Physical damage is nice but enemies have both some(low) physical resistance and armor. Every physical damage source is counted separately so you are gimped despite high numbers.

Pierce just like physical is rarely resistant by mobs and you don’t go through the armor. Pierce is usually lying on fragile balance. It’s either great damage type or sucks completely. Just for example, Pierce have lowesr % damage modifiers on gear. Also pre FG not many pierce dedicated T3 devotions.