Which is your most played class?

Cold infiltrator or aether binder. Keeping it Tier 0. Then lightning vindicator, I guess. From FG, acid dervish.

Pets I mostly quit when they nerfed Witching Hour and the chaos pet rings to the ground. Before that, chaos pet cabalist back when it was the highest DPS build

That’s gonna be blademaster probably

1 Like

I was thinking about some Shaman, mainly with Primal Strike.
Doesn’t this class seem cool when you start the game? Maybe it’s just me though

3 Likes

i think it’s one of the most spectacular (visually) levelling suggestions, while maintaining efficiency.
like, if you had to chose between spam Forcewave soldier levelling or spam primal strike Shaman, primal strike wins hands down because the visuals make it more entertaining and feel more satisfying, even if it’s "the same"skill/levelling
also why i’d recommend the Primal Strike approach to new players over levelling as Briarthorn, swarm/vines, or wind devil/totems, even if they are good or safer

3 Likes

Same. I recommend primal gun though. Feels easier to farm than halberd or wild set, and it’s just Sith af to shoot nerds with lightning

2 Likes

Probably same old Conjuer (pet lightning focus) and Witchblade (pure chaos).

Warder? I’ve seen a lot of new players attracted to it since vanilla for the “this shouldn’t die right?” view it gets.

1 Like

:raised_hand:
I was one of those

Was right for about 70 levels…

2 Likes

That was me. Did fine up until I met Zaria and died about 10 times in a row. That is when I got into GD hardcore. Started researching online and found this marvellous forum. Learned about this new thing called ‘resistances’ and also ‘DA.’ And many other useful tips.

2 Likes

Warder is still the top suggestion on literally any shaman/primal strike thread on reddit so it has to be up there

False. I don’t see the appeal of pets at all, and am baffled (1) that they exist, and (2) that they appear to be extremely popular. I have never played a pet build, and never will. I’m even resistant to using player-scaled pseudo-pets. I put up with Wind Devils because the RR is mandatory, but have never bothered with Blade Spirits on any of my characters that include nightblade.

On topic - commando (physical S&B cadence), I guess, since she’s my first character. Learned the game with her (painfully high death count), first to 85, will be first to 100 now that I have AoM as well. Not the fastest or most fun, but still the sturdiest and most capable. Warder was second, as Chuck and several others already mentioned. Since the Warder uses Savagery (I gather patches in recent years have made that less attractive now?) I also have a low level Vindicator to do the Primal Strike thing, since that is a very fun skill. And of course I have a Blademaster, by far the least effective of my level 85 characters. Though he might suck less now, after a few years of power-creep from all the patches.

Honorable mention to my Witch Hunter, character #8 or 9 in sequence, but she’s the one who happened to be at the end of Act 4 Veteran when I picked up AoM so she did the grind to unlock Coven and Malmouth mandates for all my other characters. She’s by far the most played in the past year or so for that reason.

1 Like

Shaman. I like it because of its connection with the power of storms (cold and lightning) and its ability to summon beasts to help in combat.

warlock and warder