Why I Want to Buy the Ashes of Malmouth Expansion, But Haven't

Why you don’t reade the OP first post? He said bout makin mods which change the stash tabs / UI possible. So if you don’t like unlimited stash just don’t install the mod. Easy

for that you will need a tool, the stasher mod will not have enough room. I believe the stasher mod offers all the room you would reasonably need though - and no, keeping one of each unique is not all that reasonable, as you can tell by the fact that no ARPG ever offered enough stash space for that (the AoM space actually is pretty generous compared to other ARPGs)

And you know what? I’m pretty damn sure my view is a relatively common one. I know that amongst the group of friends I convinced to try this game, their feelings have been similar.

I’d be surprised if more than maybe 2% of players were collecting items like that, so not exactly what I would call ‘relatively common’…

I’d certainly like to see a poll on people’s thoughts on the matter. Just because a game by default has not offered an option before does not mean that it’s not desired by a significant percentage of people. Or perhaps a better way of putting it is that there have been times where a “new feature” that “no one wanted” has ended up becoming standard due to the fact that a large number of players do end up appreciating what it brings to the table.

A classic example of this is World of Warcraft’s introduction of a gold-based respecialization option. Up until WoW introduced this concept, MMOs in general were very much against the idea of allowing you to have that type of retroactive flexibility. Turns out, players ended up loving the idea.

Whether or not you view my approach as “reasonable” is entirely besides the point. I think the idea that I should have to find an item again, after I’ve already found it and needed to discard it for the sake of space, is fucking ridiculous in a single player offline game. Especially when I can’t craft a specific item, and have to grind for it.

If you happen to enjoy that type of gameplay, which personally feels masochistic to me, then that’s your prerogative. I am merely asking for the option to mod the game in a way that would make it more enjoyable for myself, and again probably all the players who use any type of stash utility.

You will be able to transmute a piece of a set for another of the same set or a completely different set when FG comes out.

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70306

Even more reasons to keep an item in the stash. It is possible you don’t have enough materials to transmute and need to keep the item till you find them.

My thoughts exactly. Don’t get me wrong - I think this is an amazing functionality. It really works to help those of us who have the sort of silly RNG that results in you getting the same piece of a set six times. But ultimately it does little to nothing to solve storage issues.

There is no storage issue as the 1,800 GIDA and nearly 5,000 GDStash posts make clear. Most players are happy to use them.

Certainly there are occasions where the devs decide to add something that the players have asked for many times. For others, despite the players’ pleas, the devs haven’t changed what they want for the game (auto-pickup being the most often requested it seems to me). Limited ingame storage seems to be one of them, though they have increased it and will again. But infinite ingame storage isn’t going to happen, that’s pretty clear by now, if a mod hasn’t been made to do that already.

This, or some slight variation thereof.

GD already has unlimited storage, you just have to make new characters to access it. It takes about 5 minutes to get access to Devil’s Crossing and start transferring items to your new mule, even less if you own Crucible. Admittedly, it is a little more of an issue for people using Steam cloud because of the 50(?) character limit, but at the very least there’s more than enough room to keep one of every blue/purple. If you only want to keep Mythical versions of each item, that’s even less space taken up.

Sure, it can occasionally be a bit tiresome having to load up individual characters to transfer items, and you will have to transfer and sell a fair few greens so that each mule can afford new stash tabs…but it is still unlimited in-game storage.

True, it would be nice if the in-game stash was more easily moddable, but it seems thats not the case, sadly. Goddamn UI, its always your fault, ain’t it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but we can always hope if there’s ever a GD2.

How about a ‘Send To <character>‘ option?

Like another NPC standing next to the stash guy in the main hub. Could be a go getter kid, smuggler’s apprentice or something. It would allow for a smoother management of mules without having to start the game multiple times with a different mule and juggle items for 30 minutes everytime shared space runs out. Just an idea…

That’s a good idea I think. At least it would reduce some of the time one has to spend muling stuff.

Presumably stash storage will be a bigger issue for console players when xbox version is released. Is it even feasible for console users to use GDstash or Item Assistant?