Why is Nightblade so squishy?

Thing is, damage types aren’t quite equal. There are much more vitality resistant enemies than cold resistant, so if your class only has one RR skill for cold and one RR skill for vitality then it makes more sense to work with cold. Vitality works well only with two RR skills from masteries, with a single exception of vitality Phantasmal Blades.

Really? I thought there are more enemies that are resistant to Element damage type. Especially Lightning!!! Those Scorpions in desert.

What does RR mean? I have a level 100 Arcanist/Necro who was my first Drainer. She took both tier 2 and 3 Vitality.

Oh and I also just found out that my Drain Essence can’t trigger Viper devotion. :frowning: It needs a skill with Weapon damage to trigger it eh?

Is it worth going for tier 3 Leviathan? that route seems to take away a lot of defensive options! lol

Use shadow strike to trigger Viper.

I know how you feel about Mark of Torment specially in rooms with multiple enemies but against one boss it’s much easier to land the skill.

I have suggested to the devs in the past that the skill should auto target the enemy with the highest HP in the room. I find it clunky to use as well. But the 50% damage absorption is huge.

Ill Omen lowers enemies physical damage and is easy to land. You kinda need both these skills for survivability on a Necro build

III Omen only has ONE second debuff? Seriously? I don’t think I"ll bother with it. too much hassle.

I just find Mark of Torment a very clunky skill period. It’s hard to target, hard to use and it’s relatively short duration. I rather they make it weaker but make it more easy to use or last a lot longer. Make it a small aoe so targeting is easier. The current version is very hard to use especially when there is a big group of enemies. I don’t even know where to get more points for Mark. I was going to put more points into Dual Blades to get more Physical resist.

Should I get Tier 3 Whirlpool?

Ill Omen has a base duration of 3 seconds. The damage reduction is reapplied every second.

Oh ok. the skill description says its physical damage debuff is 1 second. that’s why I was surprised.

Mark of Torment requires practice, you should have no problem applying it on Lokarr and its duration increases with rank.

RR = resistance reduction

Ill Omen is a “ticking” skill afaik (ticks each seconds for the duration) thus you have reduced damage for the duration but is reapplied on each “tick”. You can see that the broken sword icon blinks (test on target dummies)

Inability to stack dodge to “appropriate” amounts is what mostly makes this mechanic underwhelming. Speaking of perma dodge, proc unrelated.
Requires certain items with dodge chance, which may, or may not, fit your build.
Just a few points out of devotions.

There are some procs out certain skills and items, but that’s band-aid, making dodge even more situational, may betray you whenever you need it the most.

In addition, nightblade is the only class with some more of it. As a result, it pigeonholds you into certain class combos. For yet mediocre performance.

Buff dodge?