Will 0.7.5 update existing map seeds with new resources?

My town is just shy of 1000 people and I haven’t had much trouble finding stone but this is also because I’ve been going farther and farther away to find it. I love work camps! But it will be good to start over again on a new seed.

You must also remember that this is still Early Access. We’ve been given the chance to really try out this game before it’s been officially released so we have the opportunity to see and remember what it was like “way back when”. Consider it an honor that you had the chance.

1 Like

So true, and knowing Crate commitment, this game will be the best it can ever be.

1 Like

I love work camps, and I have also been building little “outposts”. Basically small towns away from the main one. The only below is a little town I am building by a large patch of fertile ground away from the main city. Slowly growing the farms there!

How’s this working for you? I tried building satellite towns in the past but it was a total failure.
Workers would casually walk the entire map to gather food that was right at the storage next to them.
Also I’ve noticed there’s no correlation between work area and associated shelter meaning huge travel times.

1 Like

I tried building satellites like that on one of my cities but maaan did the AI hate it. complete bog down

1 Like

I would say it is a wash currently, maybe a slight positive.

I definitely find workers running all the way back to the main city to drop off produce and to stock their shelters. And not all the workers have chosen to live in the houses right by the fields. However putting storage facilities closer to the fields did decrease “rot” (literally lost ENTIRE harvests), and is use sometimes by the workers.

So, if some of the ideas make it into future patches with the ability to assigned workers to homes, and maybe AI choosing the closest storage facility and Wainwrites doing the resource balancing… they could work.

How do you take screenshots? I’d love to showcase my 1000 people town.

F12

C:\program files\steam\userid(numbers)(more numbers)

Steam will also tell you were it keeps them.

Thank you very much! Now I can show off my 1000 population village.

I believe so. I discovered 0.7.5 was live when I went to restart a map and had a huge rock on top of the mountain I was about to build on. It definitely wasn’t there before.