Will O Wisp - Pet Cabalist

Great thanks Maya! I’m having a lot of fun using your budget build even with the random equipments I found so far.

I modified the devotion a bit to fit my play style. I dropped stag, turtle and crane, and added lion, lizard, panther and dryad. Still can get the same top tier devotions in this way. I like the + movement speed from lion and lizard (run faster feels great in game), and the 100% trigger rate on dryad’s blessing by binding to reap spirits.

Thanks again for the awesome build! Without it, I’m sure I will still stuck with the skeletons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:blush:

Time to say a big “THANK YOU” for your guides and builds - and your tireless efforts promoting birbs! :sunglasses:

I’m playing both your “Fwuffy squishy” and this build. I only recently started playing SR (I was more of a Crucible fan before). Now I’m beginning to realize how much your builds shine in SR and other harder content. I’m really having a great (and mostly relaxed…) time. Thank you!

1 Like

Glad to be of help :blush:

Hi Maya,

In regards to leveling this build, should I follow the Budget link and follow that setup until I get most final pieces of gear?
What skills should I prioritize while leveling?

Actually, follow the GT links in this post: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Hi Maya,
what do you think about this alternate setup for crucible?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0X4Q1V
My goal was to have more armor and the blightfiend for aggro. Since the poison damage is partially converted to elemental it should also add nicely to the damage.
The Hellhound is just for a bit more aggro in the first few seconds.

Should work :+1:

How’s this build after some of the nerfs in 1.1.5?

Didn’t notice any nerfs to this build.

Due to the changes in the devotions used I had to rearrange my attribute points a tiny bit (was suddenly missing 5 poinst in cunning or something). Apart from that: Strong as usual. :grinning:

The only one that immediately stood out to me were the nerfs to Raven, but it doesn’t seem so huge. Glad to hear it’s still wrecking shop! It’ll be my next build after I finish my vitality conj :slight_smile:

What Athremon said. No real nerfs. Build still as strong as before :blush:

How good exactly is this build? I’ve never played Cabalist so I don’t know a thing about Necromancer or it’s skills.

If i’m not mistaken this build is 2x birds shooting 5 projectiles doing massive damage, 3x immortal spirits who can teleport to enemies which is good because they seem slow from what I’ve seen and our only pet who can tank is the one from dirge of arkovia which is super slow.

I showed this build to a streamer and they were confused about some things.

1 being mend flesh and it being capped. Doesn’t this stop the bird from attacking reducing it’s dps?
2 being possession over master of death.
3 being low da low armor low armor absorb. they said if like 2 big guys charge you, you’ll flat out die and that turtle + fiendflesh wont save you.

This being said i’m still super interested in playing it one day. Wonder if you could make this any better than it already is.

Very good actually. Rather high dps, easy to play and good survivability. The harder the content gets, the more important become positioning and some clever use of the pet attack command.

BTW, it’s not 3 immortal spirits, but 5. As you said - IMMORTAL. Just ask Callagadra how she liked those unkillable little buggers. In fact, this is one of the two builds with which I could Cally… So not bad, I’d say. :grinning:

1 Like

Do you play this build and have all the gear??

Any info about the mend flesh and possession i talked about?

Yes, I do.

Kinda thin ice for me, since I must admit I’m not a good theorycrafter. Maybe Maya should explain this one. As I see it, Posession gives 15% damage reduction plus 100% skill disrupt protection. MoD doesn’t do that much for the build.
Mend flesh means sustain - not only for the pets, but also for the player character. Trust me - it works. ^^

Mayas builds work as advertised. :smiley:

1 Like

Any chance of you making a video of the build? Like going through a rogue like or something difficult? Since maya doesn’t do videos or can’t?

I am so super interested in this build right now.

I never played necromancer, as I like super tanky pets that don’t (or rarely) die, but these ones are immortal!

One thing for sure I know I won’t like is arcane bomb. I would prefer a different devotion setup :frowning:

Sorry, not by me. Guess I would rather show people how NOT to play - and survive anyway (well, most of the time…). :wink:

Shouldn’t be a problem. IMHO it’s nice for clearing trash - something pet builds generally don’t do that fast. Against bosses it’s probably not that important.

Clearing trash is why I’m going with a different devotion setup than fluffy squishys even though that’s the build i’m playing. Fissure + whirlpool + elemental storm + mogdrogen. So flashy and aoe :slight_smile:

What do you guys use to level gear-wise? I’m not having any issue with survivability, but I’m mid-20s and it’s taking a very long time to get through the content, my DPS feels very low. Is there any gear I can craft/farm early on to help with the leveling process?