Will O Wisp - Pet Cabalist

Sorry but is there any reason this build is using Marks of Illusions on rings instead of runebound topazes or bloodied crystals? Does that little bit of spirit/nrg regen feel worth it? Can get a lot more DA with topazes as well as some health or a bunch of armor with crystals.

Dunno if I missed some discussion about this… thanks.

You have to remember, for each Spirit gained - you can re-allocate points way from Spirit equipment requirements (such as off-hands) and put that into Physique and 12 Physique is 6 DA (and HP and HP regen) which effectively makes mark of illusions worth 38 DA instead.

Otherwise it’s a trade-off between armor + bleeding resist for energy regen (since damage is mostly useless for pet classes).

I’m inclined to agree that armor is generally more valuable than the energy regen and I’d go for bloodied crystals myself.

I understand your point, but a mark of illusions doesn’t even come close, especially when this build isn’t really swimming in DA as it is. Seems like an oversight more than anything.

1 Like

I definitely agree, OP/Maya’s builds are generally good but there’s still room for changes.

As an aside, I think it’s because OP has many ‘No potions/consumables used’ phrases in the thread.
Maybe OP has some kind of self-imposed restriction like: ‘no energy potions’ - and that is the reason they value energy regeneration so highly… :thinking:

The reason:

Yes, you go for Mogdrogen in that case. Something like the devo setup here: Korba's Animalery - Pet Conjurer

Any changes with 1.1.6.0?

I might delete the build for 1.1.6.0…

Familiar got nerfed, Aether conversion on Reap Spirits lost and BlightFiends with Ghol set simply perform better.

Well this is a “tad” bit disappointing. I was running toward this in HC multi with a friend. Looked at your Rawr God build as you recommended but I’m not a big fan of Poison damage (personal preference). May just have to suck it up and do that one anyone as we were planning to really push as far as we can in HC with this (celestials and all.)

Will O Wisp has always been on the lower side when it came to defenses since a few patches ago. It did however used to make up for it with its damage potential, especially on single targets. But yeah, the current nerfs hit a bit too hard.

One of the builds major strengths was the synergy between Aether & Lightning, especially with the proc from Widow devotion for a good amount of RR. That and being able to use 2 full sets, ofcourse.

But with nerfs to both Familiar and Cold > Aether replaced by 30% of Cold dealt as Vitality, we lose too much dmg for it to be worth it, especially in HC.

However, all that said, you could still try it and respec if it doesn’t perform well (as long as you don’t die while trying it out :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

What are you currently thinking then for strong pet builds, fluffy squishy?

Ghol Blightfiend builds actually. They got both defense and offense and the only real advantage Familiar based builds have over Blightfiends is being able to kill Crate of Entertainment due to Familiar builds not having the AoE of Blightfiends.

Not an experienced GD player and mainly not an experienced summoner (more of the melee kind), i started this build just a few days before the patch. I get that comparing to its previous strenght it got nerfed, but in layman’s term, how much?

My goal was to get a character which can safely (deathless) kill all the quest bosses on ultimate (messenger, Ancient grove, Lokarr included), farm skeleton key areas (SoT and AG) and SR lvl 60-75 for legendaries for endgame gear builds. I will probably end lvl100 mainly with the faction gear version of this build, that’s why the farming need.

Only lvl 48 in normal yet, and pretty satisfied with it. As a casual player I wouldn’t like to start a new char. In that scope how hard hitting is the nerf? if it is really hard, any other viable cabalist build link? (PS: I’m not HC, so occasional deaths are acceptable, just not with every boss in every skeleton dungeon…)

It lost more than half its power.

You don’t need to start a new char however, just go for this instead: The Rawr God - Pet Cabalist

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I checked that build too, but as a new player couldn’t tell how much it will work with ragtag gear until I manage to farm out the suggested endgame gear. Some of them I already have, so will try it. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

If you are talking about leveling, look here instead: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Ok… Update on stuff.

There is going to be absolutely no change to the build. After a bit of testing it seems that the Old one is still the best choice to go with.

And um… it seems that I had been drunk with Ghol’s power when I called this a #Deadbuild. After testing the performance before and after the patch again (thank the gods for GoG), it seems that we actually didn’t lose anything notable.

So, the Good News is that Will O Wisp is back, Ladies & Gentlemen :blush:

Edit: Also another thing I wanted to note is that the Reap Spirits seem to have got better at holding Aggro, or I am imagining things somehow. Cally kill time for example, remains the same 13 mins but feels easier as it goes after your Spirits even when your Birbs and Dirge pet are dead, leaving you more room to breathe.

1 Like

Is the Ghol build the lazy witching hour one or is there another ghol build out there crushing things?

This one:

Not imagining at all. This is DEFINITELY something I’ve been feeling from it and other times I’ve played with Reap Spirit. Then again, I might be drunk to and no change was made at all, but it certainly feels that way to me as well.

1 Like