[Witch Hunter] The Power Of Chaos

Since i couldn’t find anywhere a Chaos/Vitality Witch Hunter build i decided to try my own. This is my 1st time posting a build/guide so i hope this wont be to confusing :stuck_out_tongue:

Here we go:

Meet Ch’thon’s Executioner

This build i very heavy focused on specific items and if you don’t have them don’t even try… You will die…a lot… We don’t have any LMB attack and our HP pool is very low. The idea at the start was to get hit to proc skills from items so i was focused building up Defense and Life Leech%…You will need and use alot Potions!! This build can not faceroll everything, you will need to run, heal, kite etc… but damn i had a great time playing it and still do! ok, here we go:

LVL 85 skill calc without items:
http://grimcalc.com/build/fQbcSD

LVL 85 skill calc with items:
http://grimcalc.com/build/EemBqo

Edit: Updated Skills and Devotion

Devotions are included in calc.

Physique Rest
Cunning 20

Items:

Weapon Fang of Ch’thon x2 Symbol of Solael + RiftStone Aug: Essence of Ch’thon in both
Helm Mask of the Harbinger Prismatic Diamond Aug: Mankind’s Vigil
Armor Devil’s Cage Hauberk Hallowed Ground Aug: Mankind’s Vigil
Pants Demonbone Legplates Ancient Armor Plate Aug: Mankind’s Vigil
Shoulder Deathmarked Shoulderguard Silk Swatch Aug: Venomguard Powder
Gloves Harbinger’s Grasp Unholy Inscription Aug: Venomguard Powder
Boots Golemborn Greaves Mark of Mogdrogen Aug: Outcast’s Warding Powder
Belt Sash of the Bloodlord Antivenom Salve Aug: Outcast’s Warding Powder
Amulet Empowered Warp Shard Focusing Prism Aug: Survivor’s Ingenuity
Ring Sigil of the Depraved x2 Corpse Dust Aug: Survivor’s Ingenuity
Medal Badge of Mastery (+5 Sigil of Consumption) Black Tallow
Relic Solael’s Decimation

For lower lvl weapon of choice was Omen+[Empowered Omen](http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com /items/8098-Empowered-Omen) so basically i used Omen from lvl25 'till lvl75 cause Omen’s “on Attack” skill does crazy amounts of dmg with +%vit dmg

Celestial Power

Guardian’s Gaze is just a nice “on Attack” proc trigger in crowds (at least i think it triggers ;O) Put on Belgothian Shears

Get Eldricht Fire ASAP and bind it with Sigil. This Heal/Debuff saved my butt many times…

Dryad’s Blessing and Tip The Scales are self explaining.Heal Heal Heal. Dryad on Chaos Strike, Scales on Solael’s Witchfire

Edit: Added Giants Blood Bind to Possession --> More Heal :slight_smile:

How To Play

Open with Curse of Frailty, lay down a Sigil into crowd and burst in with Chaos Strike (from Riftstone). Let the Proc’s destroy everything. Pneumatic Burst should always stay active. It has a short CD and long duration so that should be NP.

Have a lot HP potion’s, you will need them! You need to get a feel for your char xD learn his strenght, weakness, power… know the situations you are facing, don’t rush. Take your time xD (wow such wise words)

Here are some comparison pic…

Unbuffed

Buffed

And the Power behind this Build; The Proc’s

Ultimate SoT Gauntlet Shrine: (Bad Quality Sorry)

So far so good… ;D

This build I did requires very specific items just to look decent, which you may not be able to farm even in a month, so if you’re a newbie who’s looking for a build playable from scratch - GTFO. You will die over and over again - just because I failed to reach a bare minimum of 10k hp for a melee build to be playable on ultimate. We don’t have any LMB attack, because this is a caster that pretends to be an assasin for some reason. The idea at the start was to get hit to proc skills from items so given the low defenses of the build this is a failure. Your potions won’t help you much, since you’ll be either tanking with Sigil or one-shot by anything more dangerous than a chthonic bunny!! This build can not faceroll everything, you will need to run, heal, kite etc, making it a terrible build to farm gear for this character and ones to follow. But I’m a masochist and I had a great time playing it and want you to join the club.

Fixed your english for you.

My build is very similar. I have a few comments.

Consecrated Blade doesn’t do anything if your weapons are already 100% chaos damage.

Curse doesn’t reduce chaos resistance, so I’m not sure why you would pick that up.

Hidden Hand is worth 1 point.

At least Execution is worth getting proc chance to 20%.

Aspect of the guardian provides 12% physical resistance.

I’m not gonna touch devotions other than that you can respec out of crossroads when constellations fill their on requirements.

Point taken about Consecrated Blade… but until you get 2 Fangs and use other weapons it does add up…

Curse reduces Phys Res, Move speed, DA and Vit Res… Proc skills do a ton more dmg since i think most do also Vit dmg (also untill you get your hands on 2 Fangs you will do Phys dmg besides Vit/Chaos)

Hidden hand to use or not is up to individuals, i skipped it

Execution… yea i thought that to, you can leave Veil of Shadows at 1 and get the 20% execution chance

Aspect of the guardian… yea… had to choose… not enough points to get them all xD

Crossroads… maybe respec out only the OA and DA but the 2x5%hp i wouldnt touch

Very nice idea !

I have one question though.

Why don’t you sacrifice some %dmg converted to health, and use it to gain more HP, maybe armor ?
If you don’t survive long enough to get back instantly to full health, it’s… a bit sad :slight_smile:

Nice build. And great looking char :slight_smile:

I’m currently working on a char like this but focusing on vitality damage only. I haven’t leveled him past 20 yet as I can’t seem to find a way to get his hp up without losing too much damage. Going chaos/vit for a melee char is really hard as most chaos/vit armors have bad resists and no hp it seems.

I’m going to farm for gear with my main char then keep working on it. I hope it works out good :slight_smile:

Nice, doing a similar build myself

Thx to recent added pierce/cold conversion to demon’s hunter set i made my build based on this.

Now we have only one annoying thing - in stars we don’t have any rr to vitality, so we limited to -80 to -85% RR to vit. (it’s trifle to comparison on fire RR, there we can easily get more than -120% RR).

This build was posted at one year ago.