Xbox Series X/S issues

LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Here are the things I’ve found on console that have been particularly annoying and I’d sure appreciate if they could be fixed:

1. Ravenous Earth is NOT working as intended and it is utterly crippling in SR60+ and upper end content. I understand you have some kind of a fix, but from what I’ve heard, it has been in testing for MONTHS now….

2. Movement Glyphs!! On console, we desperately need at least some of the available glyphs to not be “TARGET LOCATION” and instead be “target DIRECTION” so we can just point where we’d like to go and the movement skill would go as far that way as possible. Right now, if I’m surrounded by mobs on console, the ONLY way out (and yes, I’m thankful to at least have SOME way to do this) is to use a “DISENGAGING” Movement Glyph, but this means I need to push in the opposite direction I want to go, which …. Sucks.

3. There are text and graphics corruption issues on xbox in SR when you do more than a couple levels in a single session. Exiting to the main menu does NOT help, I have to actually quit the game, which makes it sound/look like a memory leak kind of situation…. This gets really annoying when it gets super bad and you cannot even see which shard or chunk you are doing…

THANKS for this game, it seriously rocks! :slight_smile:

-Verxion

1. As you are aware, this one was on our radar and is slated to be fixed in upcoming v1.1.9.6, which is currently in playtesting on Steam. The playtest is nearing its end.

2. I’m afraid this is a mechanical behavior for movement skills that was necessary for our controller scheme. Alternatives also present a conundrum of what happens when you don’t want to go the max distance as that would actually put you at a disadvantage. This is unlikely to change at this point.

3. We have yet to repro this issue ourselves, but are aware of it and will be trying some potential solutions for v1.1.9.6. Until we repro it though, it’s a bit of a shot in the dark so I can’t say for certain at this time.

Glad you’re enjoying the game!

Hello im fairly new here and i want to ask a question and sorry if hijack the thread.

First i bought Grim Dawn 2 weeks ago and i love it and i play it on my Xbox Series S.

If i can ask it here is it normal that the Game crashes after 3-5 Hours non stop playing ?

Or should i say the Game is crashing in a Session after a playtime of 3-5 hours and mostly if i teleported to a another location.

Is there a memory leak issue or what is the cause ?

I disabled the crit vibration and my graphic settings are
Framerate Unlocked, 1080p, and ambient off, depth of field off and anti-aliasing off.
The rest is default.

I hope this issue is already known and will be fixed soon because Grim Dawn rocks on Xbox Series S !
Thank you for making such a great Game.

Sorry for my bad english i live in Germany.

Correct. There is a memory leak that causes the game to crash after it has been running a while. I sometimes am able to run SR for a total of 8 hours or so (I’m not able to do that in a single session - this would be spread over a whole day or days of course), but it always crashes.

They don’t seem to have a fix in the world for it though. :frowning:

-Verxion

Difficult to have a fix if nobody’s ever reported the issue to us before. We’ll have to take a look.

1 Like

Then i now officially report this issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

And i think its really strange that nobody was reporting this issue.
I bought my Xbox Series S this year in February and only 3 Games + Grim Dawn are downloaded so i think it cant be the Console.

To reproduce the Issue you must play a Session at least 3 hours or more, then at anytime the Game will crash if you teleport to another location and rarely if you transition to a cave or dungeon if you are on the overworld.
It feels really random and the shortest session was 3 hours and the longest 5 hours.

If you dont have holiday or a day off you wont notice this issue because less time to play under the week but weekend…

I hope i could help @Zantai

Happens to both my son (series S) and myself (series X) as well.

-Verxion

That’s kind of how it goes with bugs unfortunately.

Unless it’s some catastrophic issue affecting a lot of people, the average person will either just deal with a bug with frustration or give up on a game, but neither will report the problem. Then you get the people that figure if they are having an issue, obviously everybody must be, so surely it’s been reported by now.

So we appreciate those that do go out of their way to share issues, cause it gives us data and awareness to address them!

1 Like

Ok i see.

I hope you guys can address this issue and find a way to fix this. :muscle: @Zantai

I’m glad i am not the only person with this crash. @Verxion

While we were unsuccessful in reproducing the issue on a Series X, we did identify a few possible rare causes for a memory leak in the process of testing, so fixes for that will be in v1.1.9.6.

Hopefully your specific issue is among those addressed!

1 Like

That sounds great if you guys found something even if the issue was not reproducable on Series X. :muscle:

Maybe the session must be longer on Series X because it is has more power than the Series S ?

Verxion did mention 8 Hours on his Series X.

Or maybe you must active play the session, kill thousands of monsters and in the Overworld the Loot must pile up ?
I dont loot every item and use the loot filter.
Is loot memory heavy ?

But im looking forward to it and if it worked or got worse i will report it. :+1:

And huge thanks for your response. @Zantai

Very much appreciate you investigating it and working towards a fix.

I believe the easiest way to reproduce the issue is to run SR say 75-76 continually - it always crashes eventually and the corruption begins within just a run or two, so it should be much easier to reproduce, even on series X.

THANK YOU!

-Verxion

Hi @Zantai ,

I want to say that the Crash after a long Session is not fixed after the new patch is installed.
My Game crashed after roughly 4-5 Hours of playtime.

I think it has something to do with World/Dungeon loading after you teleport with a riftgate or transition from on area to another, because it crashes always after the loading screen.

In my 4-5 Hours i played the Normal Campaign from the Blood Grove till to the Final Dungeon in Necropolis and did every Quest and teleport quite often to sell my loot or to store.

After i destroyed the 3 Wagons i entered the Dungeon and it crashed after the loading screen.
After the loading screen it freezes right away for 2 seconds and then crash to homescreen on my Xbox Series S.

Maybe there is a limit how often we can teleport / loading areas ? Is that the trigger ?

I hope i could help and sorry for my bad english.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.