Zenith Miniblog: The Elementalist (Part 2) (Release!)

Hey, just wondering about one more thing, the skill “Stormcaller” says “total damage modified by 50%” in the tooltip. Does this mean that my overall damage is decreased by 50% while the skill is active? Thanks.

Good question. That isn’t the intent. I’m not entirely sure.

Pretty sure that means your damage is multiplied by 50%. It is not “all damage”, it doesn’t increase damage types, it modifies all damage by 50%.

See Blade Arc for example.

That is with Damage modified by 175% from the transmuter.
49 * 1.75 = ~ 86 which is not the transmuted damage, SO, that modifier is in addition to your base damage, not a replacement.
49 * 2.75 = ~135, which is our transmuted damage

I feel like it must just be a tooltip bug in the case of Stormcaller as I’m not seeing any changes to my damage while it’s active.

Stormcaller and Aetherfire Devotion = whole screen covered in Aether with a 100% uptime basically

It also procs your onhit gear procs relentlessly…and the Fangshi gets a passive ‘-% Skill recharge’ that lowers cooldowns of Devotion/Gear recharges so you could maybe get down to .5 second intervals of gear procs

All CDR reduces devotion cooldowns. Not item cooldowns, you must be mistaken.

Also, Zenith is it’s own thing, he’s not going to balance it with something like Fangshi in mind (from cftx/DAIL).

To this degree, I’ll also be remaking most of Devotion as it stands anyways. So it is a little moot.

Still though, it is a good reminder of where things can go awry. Just another thing to consider when tacking in more CDR and if I add aetherfire-like procs (neither of which is out of the question). Thanks. :slight_smile:

No im not mistaken actually. Fangshi has a passive Signet that gives ‘Skill recharge reduction’ and also ‘Skill cooldown reduction’ when hit

Having the passive ‘skill recharge’ lowers them. Turtle is probably another candiate as is Ghoul (Ghoul is nearing 80% uptime now if I stayed under 50%hp) but explain why my item procs went from 1.5>1.2>0.9 cooldown?

Also I couldnt careless about him balancing this and afaik you didnt make this mod and I didnt leave this for you.

Skill recharge just acts as a multiplier for skill cooldown reduction. I am well aware that CDR affects devotion, I stated this in my post. It’s possible that either DAIL or Terror Knight/Fangshi is different in some way that allows them to affect item cooldowns, I shall have to check.

And no need to be so aggressive dude, just having a conversation.

There’s two kinds of CDR. There’s the % value and a flat value that reduces skill cooldowns by flat seconds. The proc on Belgothian’s Carnage is an example of the latter. I’m unsure if it can affect item cooldowns, but I also wouldn’t discount such a thing.

Terror Knight only has the % kind that you’re used to from Focii and the like.

The flat CDR didn’t work on item cooldowns either when I had tested it.

BTW Skill Recharge is a stat that Fangshi has that acts as a multiplier on current CDR %. It’s not used in the base game afaik, but is still in the code it seems. Just like some modders using the stat that multiplies your resist amount instead of adding to it.

That exists in the base game. :wink:

http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8052-Empowered-Lichguard
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8127-Empowered-Apothecary’s-Sign
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7749-Empowered-Alazra’s-Ruby

Huh, the more you know!

Hey Ceno!

I just started a DAIL DGA character and I am using the Elementalist. Chain Lightning is NUTS good but it bugs out and stops working after about 10 or so minutes and require me to restart the session. I was hoping to create a cool all out Lightning Monster, but this is kind of stopping that, for now. Just wanted to let you know.

Can’t replicate on my end. I’m aware that the skill has some targetting issues, but it has those from minute 1 (particularly when casting on enemies too close to you/too close together). What do you mean when you say it stops working?

So, I’ve been playing since I posted and I am now level 70 (with DGA though :P) and the problem is coming up now and again. But if you stop shooting you get the attack back, only sometimes it keeps locked out, but it doesn’t seem to be that big of a problem!

Again, insane class, the Elementalist. I just now opened up Stormcaller and I love it! Great stuff!

hai

ice wall is broke

i downloaded your latest zenith
compiled it
made a level 85 char with 500 skill points

here are evidence screenshots

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Level 8

Level 10

Elementalist is so OP

I played on veteran with DAIL mod
with fireball and barrage build. so much damage and i can wreck all of the boss / mob in no time.

Hi,

I’ve got a small question.

Can someone explain me what does “Thunderclap” do exactly?

At rank 3, the text says:
3 sec duration
+25% Lightning damage
1% chance of stun target for 0.2sec

It would be pretty clear without the 3 sec duration… So what does those 3 sec means?

And I think it’s pretty important since it going up with leveling the skill…

It adds 3 seconds to the duration of the Stormcaller buff.