[0.9.0] Farmer clumping

I don’t recall running into this before - if it happens in previous versions, then please forgive me.

I’ve built farms on fertile ground around my town. I allocate farmers to each plot, but the farmers don’t stick to their plot and work - they clump and move from field to field. This is handy for some functions (faster planting, faster harvests), but will often leave fields completely unplanted until the end of that crops ‘season’, or losing out on harvest time, because the farmers are busy in other plots.

in my current save, I have 6 plots, and 30 farmers, and often I’ll see 20+ of them working on one field, while others sit unplanted and/or unharvested.

Maybe this is desirable - as I said, it’s handy sometimes, but I’d have thought that when you assign a number of workers to a field, they’d get that, and if they have nothign else to do, they could go help other farms, rather than ignoring the plot they’re assigned to.

here’s an example - I currently have 35 farmers allocated, 8 to this field, but they’ve planted nothing and the season is almost over

that happened to me many times in the hmmm 7 maybe 8 versions.
Hasn’t happened in a long time. I had to delete the field and build a new one
and all was fine from then on

Sadly it’s not just one field - though I did try your suggestion. They seem to move from field to field as a group, and since my fields aren’t right beside each other, they consistently miss whole seasons.

Debating moving all my farms but then a bunch of them aren’t on good ground :S

You seem to have 8/11 farmers assigned to this field. Do you have enough farmers to cover all of them?

Farming is a communal task in that farmers help each other out across all of your fields. If you do not have enough farmers, I can feasibly see some not getting reached in time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.