[0.9.2a] Serious lag whenever I click on a building

I downloaded the 0.9.2 patch and now whenever I click on a building there is a good half second of lag. The game just freezes until the building information panel draws, then the game continues as normal. This is on a brand new game.

EDIT: I haven’t played for a good six months but it wasn’t happening back then.

Have you verified the game files?

What does this mean and how do I do this?

Right click on the game in your library, go down to Properties and over to Installed Files then choose the verify option there.

Okay, I just did this. It says all 44 files successfully validated.

More about the glitch. When I click on a building, the game appears to pause for 1/4 to 1/2 of a second, but as soon as the information panel for the building appears on the screen, then the villagers snap forward into their proper positions on the map at their proper place in the animation cycle. It’s like the game just forgets to update the screen for a split second.

I’m seeing the same lag. It’s negligent on buildings under construction, barely noticeable on houses. But on stockyards it’s actually quite annoying. It’s not just a delay, but freezes the whole interface, like the GUI is all on the same thread and waiting for the info panel for a building to load. About 1/3 of a second in the worst case. But when I’m clicking around poking my nose in all the buildings, it feels extremely clunky and frustrating.