0.9.2c Crashes to desktop when selecting buildings

The game crashes to desktop when I select a building. This doesn’t happen most of the time; it almost seems to happen if I select buildings to quickly. I’ve included crash reports and a dxdiag. Thank you for the help.
DxDiag.txt (95.2 KB)
Crash_2024-04-16.zip (210.0 KB)

This one’s interesting. It definitely is related to building selection. More specifically, the issue is happening when trying to display the UI for the building. Technically, things should never crash to desktop, but we do use Unity’s IL2CPP technology to convert C# code to C++ code. This appears to be a bug with that generated code.

I’m curious on how to repro this issue as this is the first time it has been reported. Is it a particular type of building that crashes more often than others? Perhaps military buildings? And when you say that you select buildings too quickly, do you mean you are clicking on a building and then immediately clicking on another? Does the size of the town matter? I.E. Is the game getting bogged down when you have this issue?

I think I could possibly restructure our C# code to force different generation of C++ code that might change things such that this issue wouldn’t happen for you. But if we could repro the issue, that would be best.

In fact, I think I will make that change now for the next patch and I’d love to hear if it solves this issue for you.

Thank you for reporting this.

I haven’t noticed if it’s a particular building more than others. I’ll play tonight and take notes on what I was selecting when it crashes. City size probably isn’t an issue, as this occurs with a new town too. The game doesn’t bog down or stutter before the issue. I’ll be clicking around checking on buildings, and the game will freeze and crash to desktop. There has never been an error message when this has happened.

By clicking quickly, I ment exactly what you described. Selecting one building and then immediately selecting another in quick succession.

Once again, thank you for investigating.

Edit: It would seem that the building being selected doesn’t matter to the crashing I am seeing