0.9.3a Town Center Build Site - default "Prioritized" issue? if single Rock? workers won't touch trees outside of TC radius until stone is done

Hi So the game updated when I launched steam today and is at 0.9.3a, and I started a fresh game and happened to pick a spot for my Town Center that only had 1 small Rock with 8 stone there, and for some reason even after setting the ‘Harvest’ for other trees nearby, the workers all just sit around and wait for that first Rock to be mined before walking away from the Build site to chop trees 50FT away, so you lose in game weeks due to this, since starting to chop trees after the Rock, thus everything is slowed down, doesn’t make sense. Plus it isn’t even the whole 12 settlers mining the single Rock, but like 4 or 5, so what the heck is everyone else doing? I don’t know if this is a default “Prioritized” bug, since anything under the town center when you place it is automatically selected as “Prioritized” so maybe everyone ignores all trees until the stupid single rock is mined? It is just a strange behavior that in game would stifle development of the town in early game. - I only ran into this by random chance since normally I place town center in a more wooded area from the start.

1 Like

Personally I’d like to see an option to insta-clear the spot for the town center. Would also like to be able to scan around the map at game start without the town center overlay blocking anything that’s beneath it. I can’t remember what the tiny icons mean (other than the fish and deer) and there doesn’t appear to be any option to give them labels.