[1.0.0.4] Tri-element Saboteur 2.0 - A (mostly) craftable build. 15sec madqueen etc

https://grimcalc.com/monster/chthonian_chthonicroguelike_02
According to this, shar’zul has 100 fire res, 25 chaos, 30 phys, 35 piercing. Not sure if it’s updated.

https://grimcalc.com/monster/nemesis_outlaw_01
This one is fabius, 50 fire and cold res, 20 pierce and physical res.

sharzul cheats.

also they vary by difficulty right? at these values for normal right? i remember someone saying fabius had 90 fire and 40 lightning in ultimate which makes sense for the +40 back then. dont even know how much bonus they get in ultimate now

Damn you Jajaja ^^

I was reworking my saboteur as well due to the ss nerf, and i was really proud of my work, because i managed to greatly increase my dps and survivability.

And now as i’m reading your post, i’m discovering that my build is very similar to yours (i’m using the 3p justicar and mark of divinity) but more based on physical + fire damages, with a grim fate + a sick https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/2869-Kilrian%27s-Skullbreaker (with a +5 fire strike).
So, i tried your build, and its dps is way higher, while i may be a little bit ahead in defences (not even sure).

Because of you, all my theorycrafting and Kilrian’s farming are useless …

Damn you ^^

So you also went like I did for the 13 points to save from his GC?

lol, i suppose great minds think alike? ^^
legion firestarters have really strong procs thats one of the main reasons i choose them, also they are “free”

grim calc issue fixt, forgot about a few single +skills on gear
http://grimcalc.com/build/7e1WdEt

Nice, thanks :wink:
Why 6 points on Flashbang while we mostly want the Searing Light’s effects?

its additional -20 DA per lvl. its bascially like extra OA for yourself

JaJaja, i read all your topics with a lots of interest and would like to thanks you for your great guide and explanations it was really appreciate.

In the same time i hate you, i need to level so much characters cause of you :slight_smile:

Yep but do you really feel those 5 additional points are worth removing 5 from Vindictive Flame?

Those 5 additional points on VF represent:

• +10 Health Regenerated per second
  • +14 Physical Damage
  • + 33 Fire Damage
  • +5% Total Speed

Compared to those figures, I’m really not sure the 5 additional points on Flashbang, representing a debuff of -100 DA, are worth it.

Am I crazy? :slight_smile:

Could you possibly make a list of the order in which the Devotions should be chosen?

I’m kind of new to this only playing halfway through the game on Elite difficulty before deciding to try a new build because mine was insufficient without cheating, which sucks the fun out of it of course, lol.

I mean I could probably figure out the order myself just based on the affinity requirements, but, having a list of the order I should take the devotions in would help me immensely.

If you’d rather not that is OK, just figured I’d ask. Thanks for your work on this build, it looks like it will be fun.

EDIT: Been looking @ the devotions and I can’t figure out where you get your green point from to start things off.

Do you just put a point into the initial +1 green ability and then remove it later on? That is the only way I can figure this thing is possible.

I actually put an extra 2 points in Torch for the Meteor Storm ( Only at 3/10 currently ), at the loss of some health. The loss of health is negligible, and the small damage the meteors provide can be helpful.

non boss mobs die before the meteors even fall.

and i find health to be badly needed with setup. the dmg is part phhysical and not particularly great even against a stationary boss

We can use these 2 points wasted in spider to get Meteor shower anyway

its reasonable. the chaos resist from spider is actaully extremely hard to get elsewhere in the setup thats why went for it. and also -insect dmg for madqueen. but if u need neither, meteor is just fine

Non boss mobs can still mass, and the Meteor Shower procs damn near instantly which can clear out the back of bigger packs. I don’t run BoC ever, so the Chaos damage is not as nearly important for my playstyle…

As far as the health goes, I am sitting at 11.3k without the two main 5% nodes, and nothing has really given me a challenge too much so far.

Nice, as a new player this seems very interesting and strong. Could you give a short leveling guide? I´m thinking of going shadow first with shears for some aoe.

I just started playing it the other day and I’m finding it fun so far. I went with Demolitionist first, but, immediately put points into dual wielding and the rest towards Belgothian’s shears as soon as I hit lvl 10. This might not have been the best idea as I didn’t realize Shears has an 8% chance to activate. I guess I conveniently looked over that part because I didn’t want to see it, lol. I have actually played with this a bit now and I think it works well even @ 8% chance it makes a big difference when it goes off and oddly it doesn’t seem like 8% though I’m sure it is, it seems higher.

Very different feeling from my first foray into the game where I just picked out a build on my own which was average for sure. The beginning actually seemed easier with my arcanist replicating missiles, but, the beginning is easy enough anyway and this build seems to be about the payoff from the synergy of skills, so I look forward to that soon.

I’m struggling with devotion. Completed rest devotion setup, i have free points but can’t put points in ulzuin’s torch and revenant, cahos and eldrich affinity requirement is not enough. Help please.

detailed leveling + devotion guide is up. see post #2

Awesome, thanks for your time and effort.