1.0.0.6 - Cadence Commando - Heavy-Duty Warborn Build

Grind your enemies to shreds between the iron fists of warfare!

The Warborn Commando has arrived!

Stats unbuffed by procs, only with toggled buffs

It is most certainly not the fastest clearer, but if you want a Dualwielding Supertank that can go toe-to-toe with the fiercest enemies on Cairn, look no further. The Warborn Commando shoves out Physical Damage like it’s nobody’s business, and can withstand assaults that would crush armies. Sound like fun? It is.

[u][b]Skilltree without gear bonuses

Skilltree with gear bonuses[/b][/u]

3 skillpoints are being held for the expansion, under the assumption that levelcap will be raised.

Attribute Distribution:
Physique: 79
Cunning: 0
Spirit: 5

Attributes subject to gear rolls. 6 points will be left over for further investment (I skipped a couple quests due to laziness).

Gameplay videos:
Build Overview and Gameplay + Ceno VLOG
Bastion of Chaos Playthrough - The Doom Slayer
More videos soon™!

How it plays:

You hold Mouse 1/2 with Cadence on it until stuff dies. If stuff takes a very long time to die, use War Cry/Break Morale to nuke their resists into the ground. Use Oleron’s Wrath (from Oleron’s Blood) on cooldown to keep enemy’s damage lowered and because its basically a mini-Cadence strike. If an enemy is giving you too much trouble (which no enemy really should, other than Mad Queen), use Bloodthirster to keep your health topped off. Use Blitz to move from mobpack to mobpack expediently, but not more than that; you don’t have the energy sustain to spam it.

Final thoughts:

I like the Warborn set. I haven’t enjoyed playing a character this much since my Maelstrom build, hence the inspiration for making this post. Unfortunately, it terms of power, this is no Maelstrom…and, ultimately, the Maelstrom wasn’t the cream of the crop either. The Warborn set SERIOUSLY lacks single target damage output. Bosses take ‘forever’ with this build. But trash is cleared nice and easily.

Despite that downside, the build is phenomenally tanky. There are two enemies that it can’t kill: the Mad Queen and Mogdrogen. Other than those two, I feel confident in saying that it can slaughter everything, though you do need to back up to avoid being shotgunned by the Loghorrean’s Acid Spew attack. I wouldn’t fault the build for shotgunning mechanics, though.

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Let me know below!

Strongly disagree. But then again I have 600 more OA and close to 3 times your damage…

I was about to say, 2400 OA is not all that impressive on a final build. I have nearly 2k with only a pair of legendaries, neither BiS.

About this, i personally have found caster DoT builds address the lack of OA (traded for more survivability) rather well. Obviously this isn’t related to this thread. But i’m just saying this as i see an over-emphasis on OA. Granted the loss of OA is equivalent to a loss in effective DPS, but imho if it helps you the map without dying i think it’s worth it especially in survival dungeons like BoC and SoT.

Like i said this is just something i discovered on my playthroughs which made Ultimate a lot easier for me, so it’s fine if not everyone agrees with me

Could you share your stuff ? Same class ?

Where do you farm this pants ? Second Boss from hidden patch ?

Did you go Battlemage? or got your OA from devotions?

DW?

E: Also does that include procs (e.g. Warborn proc), as I didn’t screencap that. DPS is around 37k with all procs active.

Shield witchblade. Without procs I have 40k DPS and with warborn + Deadly Momentum I have 70k DPS.

Cadence and Dual Wield? Isn’t that established to be a no-no in these parts?

What’s wrong with it? Cadence scales up with your attack speed and using two weapons is a great way to get more.

It’s important to understand the context behind such a theory. Cadence wasn’t popular with dual wield because it interferes with WPS procs and it was generally less damaging than said procs. However Cadence is now stronger than those procs, so it is no longer bad to combine it with them. Besides that a Commando does not have access to a lot of WPS, so using Cadence is far from harmful even if it somehow was weaker, which it isn’t.

TL;DR: Cadence is fine with Dual Wield.

What’s your amulet?

Peerless Eye.

Fact is cadence can only gain a single charge from a dual weapon swing, so you won’t be getting charges any faster anyway. That and the third hit only uses main hand damage. So this build is frankly quite bad in my opinion… You’d be better off if you equip either a shield or change to a big two-hander. Skills like cadence and zolhans technique only use one hand’s damage so dual-wielders are actually losing out on damage.

False. It uses both.

Fact is cadence can only gain a single charge from a dual weapon swing, so you won’t be getting charges any faster anyway.
Except using 2 weapons = more attack speed = more Cadence charges.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself m8y.

False. It uses both.

Wait, really?

Time to make a Blademaster.

Just curious, what else uses both hands at once other than Cadence/Dual Weild specific WPS? Blitz and Shadow Strike use both hands at once as well? What about various item or devotion procs?

Not sure about Blitz, but Shadow Strike does, yes. Also don’t know about other skills. :confused: