[1.0.0.6.H1] Aether Tremors Warlock

Current update status: 1.010
Pretty much just the blanket buff to 2-handers (sheet dps up to 20k on recommended setup now), change that made FW more reliable sadly skipped Obsidian Tremor and WKM :frowning:
Updated with Grimtools links, removed links to images that became obsolete thanks to grimtools.
Won’t bother updating videos or screens unless there’s a request to do so since it’s pretty much just damage buffs since 1.008.

Overview
Character Sheet:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnb1gNr build requires weapon swap to work optimally
http://imgur.com/R1DeiKW Page II with damage breakdown on Obsidian Tremor, this skill will hit 3 times per cast in melee range. (updated 1.0.0.7.h2, no devastation setup)

Possible to build this as a Sorcerer but much more gear dependent: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVALjR2D

Gameplay videos: (nothing that really changes up to 1.010 aside from more damage and higher cd on AoM)

Tests without devastation in 1.007:

[spoiler]* Ultimate Fabius in 1.0.0.7.h2: https://youtu.be/hOh38fORShY (no devastation)

obsolete videos:

Using the old devotion setup without Fiend, but still gives you an idea:

Concept
Caster build using Obsidian Tremor (granted skill from the Obsidian Juggernaut) as main damage skill supplemented by Devastation. Chaos damage is converted into Aether to make use of the superior itemization and more accessible resistance reduction. Most of the physical damage is converted into aether and chaos to benefit from spirit and damage bonuses from the clairvoyant set and arcanist mastery.

Pros:

• Decent damage (Obsidian Tremor has ~20k listed dps that you can multiply by 3 in melee range where all 3 projectiles will hit) with up to 68% resistance reduction on the main damage type.

• Huge range and AoE for the Tremor projectiles even if damage falls off from the projectiles splitting.

• Up to 150% Weapon Damage on the main attack skill allows to make nice use of flat damage bonuses and Attack Damage Converted To Health (ADCTH) that casters usually can’t benefit that much from.

• High frequency of hits allows for procs to occur close to on cooldown.

• Main attack skill costing no skill points allows more flexibility in the allocation of mastery points.

Cons:

• Very gear dependent. Main attack skill can only be used if the player has access to a specific legendary item and to make most use of the build you also need specific legendaries to convert the damage to a more useful type.

• The projectiles from Obsidian Tremor can’t hit targets on higher terrain (that even means slightly above on a slope), negating the range advantage of the skill and forcing the player to reposition. :furious:

• Devastation being only usable while wielding a caster off-hand, you will need to weapon swap mid fight to make most use of the build which can prove annoying and sometimes downright hazardous. Also adds to the gear dependency. After the change in 1.0.0.7, the skill isn’t much of a dps increase on small hitboxes, so it isn’t a bad idea to just do away with the tedium of weapon swapping and redistribute the points. Still very worthy though.

Skills
Grimcalc with no + skills: http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-Sa472J

Damage:

• Obsidian Tremor: Spammable skill with high hit frequency and decent %weapon damage in melee range. Shoots 3 projectiles that cover a huge range. The core of the build. (granted skill, Flame Torrent is linked to this skill)

• Devastation: very high damaging skill with good AoE. Cooldown is on the high side if you don’t get the 10% reset chance from 4 piece Clairvoyant set and you need to weapon swap to be able to use it then swap back to your main weapon. Or at least it was before 1.0.0.7.h2, still very good for clearing trash and bosses with a big hitbox, but not really mandatory anymore imo in the campaign. (16+7/16)

• Doom Bolt: Useful to snipe healers and stuff on higher terrain where tremors can’t reach, sorta… (1+10/12, Hungering Void is linked to this skill if using it)

Utility/Defense:

• Mirror of Ereoctes: 3 seconds of invincibility on 17 second cd, with such low cd you can use it more often than as a mere panic button. If you react fast enough you can quickly swap to caster off-hand before casting it to further reduce the cd (down to 14 seconds) and get a chance of instant reset. (8+4/12)

• Nullification: very handy situational utility spell. Use it to remove annoying enemy hero buffs such as reflective, defense, shielded or support, or powerful debuffs on yourself such as resistance reduction. (1+4/10)

• Dreeg’s Evil Eye: used on cooldown for the debuff to enemy physical damage and to get 100% upkeep on the widow debuff. (1+3/12; 0/12; 0/12; 0/12; transmuter 1/1; Arcane Bomb is linked to this skill)

• Blood of Dreeg: healing + massive OA bonus, as well as some physical resist and easy capping of poison resist. (16+3/16; 9+3/12)

• Bloodthirster: granted skill from the weapon component, gives high ADCTH that can be used to face tank most stuff. (granted skill)

Toggle Buffs:

• Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange: used mainly for the boost to crit damage, but also useful to convert filthy physical damage into less terrible elemental one. (1+4/12; 0/12; 8+4/12)

• Maiven’s Sphere of Protection: powerful defensive buff that reduces incoming damage by 20% at the cost of a little damage loss. Also provides cc protection and a bit of energy management. (10+4/12; 1+4/12)

• Reckless Power: very powerful offensive buff that converts part of the physical damage from Obsidian Tremor into aether as well as granting nice flat and % damage and casting speed. (12+4/12)

• Solael’s Witchfire: Adds flat damage, overcaps vitality resist even more, and converts a part of the physical damage to chaos, our second most useful type.(11+6/12; 1+7/12)

Passives:

• Inner Focus: Bonus spirit and OA (12+4/12)

• Arcane Will: Some conditionnal bonus damage and energy regen, mostly used only to not waste the skill bonuses. Energy is useful for bosses. (1+6/10)

• Mental Alacrity: Cast speed and reduction of energy costs that works on Obsidian Tremor. (6+4/10)

• Fabric of Reality: Flat and % damage, much more useful since 1.0.0.7
    (12+7/12)

If using Avatar of Mercy, take one point from Maiven, Inner Focus and Solael, and put them into Elemental Balance, Mental Alacrity and Mirror.

Recommended Gear

Head: Clairvoyant’s Hat (Leathery Hide / Bladeward Powder (Devil’s Crossing))
Shoulders: Clairvoyant’s Mantle (Scaled Hide / Mankind’s Vigil (Black Legion))
Chest: Clairvoyant’s Robe (Chains of Oleron / Bladeward Powder (Devil’s Crossing))
Main hand: Obsidian Juggernaut (Haunted Steel / Potent Outcast’s Wrath (Outcasts))
Hands: Aethereach (Restless Remains / Mankind’s Vigil (Black Legion))
Waist: Phantom-Thread Girdle (Antivenom Salve / Kingsguard Powder (Black Legion))
Legs: Empowered Legplates of Valor (Scaled Hide / Bladeward Powder (Devil’s Crossing))
Feet: Golemborn Greaves (Mark of Mogdrogen / Mankind’s Vigil (Black Legion))
Amulet: Arcane Shard of Agrivix (Focusing Prism / Kymon’s Will (Kymon’s Chosen))
Rings: Albrecht’s Duality (Frozen Heart / Survivor’s Ingenuity (Devil’s Crossing))
Rings: Band of the Eternal Haunt (Corpse Dust / Survivor’s Ingenuity (Devil’s Crossing))
Medal: Black Star of Deceit (Arcane Spark)
Relic: Agrivix’s Malice

Grimcalc build
Click here to view equipment configuration

Second weapon set on swap is needed for casting Devastation, amulet is extremely recommended for playing Crucible:
Main hand: [Clairvoyant’s Wand](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Clairvoyant’s Wand) (Riftstone / [Outcast’s Wrath (Outcasts)](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Outcast’s Wrath))
Offhand: [Blood Orb of Ch’thon](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Blood Orb of Ch’thon) ([Resilient Plating](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Resilient Plating) / [Outcast’s Wrath (Outcasts)](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Outcast’s Wrath))
Amulet: [Avatar of Mercy](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Avatar of Mercy) ([Focusing Prism](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Focusing Prism) / [Kymon’s Will (Kymon’s Chosen)](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Kymon’s Will))

Click here to view equipment configuration

Pretty straightforward, use Avatar of mercy if you consider doing crucible.

Devotions
Recommended setup
Offers a decent balance of offense and defense. Targets were Tree for sustain, Widow for -% aether resist, and Fiend for a powerful damage proc. We manage to get those three along with tons of HP nodes.

1. Red crossroad
  2. complete Fiend (assign skill to Greater Fireblast, then Calidor’s Tempest then Obsidian Tremor as you acquire them)
  3. complete Hawk
  4. Blue Crossroad
  5. complete Eel
  6. complete Widow (assign skill to DEE or OFF if DEE isn’t available yet)
  7. complete Sailor’s Guide
  8. complete Solemn Watcher
    10-11-12. complete yellow crossroad, Lion and Panther in any order you want
  9. 5 points into Tree of Life leaving out the optional 4% HP node (assign skill to any toggle buff such as Reckless Power)
  10. 3 points into Behemot to unlock the Giant’s Blood proc (assign skill to any toggle buff such as IEE)
  11. 1 point into Scale of Ulcama to get the 250 HP node
  12. 3 points at the base of Obelisk of Menhir
  13. 2 points into Kraken to get the crit damage node

Offense setup
Not recommended for crucible or hardcore: http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-Pk7XCA
Ends up with a bit less than 9k hp and a bit more than 900 armor, more than enough to kill Fabius. http://imgur.com/b4ytMrl
Can even swap the pants to Wraithbone Legwraps with silk swatch but then it starts getting really risky… https://youtu.be/0KteGMJmOwk

Progression and Gameplay
Character attributes
Everything can go into Physique.
If you want to allocate points into spirit, be aware that you will still need 970 points(-10 or 15% thanks to the choice of belt) into physique to use the Legplates of Valor and at absolute minimum 498 to equip the Obsidian Juggernaut.

Faction Choice:
I went with Kymon’s Chosen in veteran and refrained from choosing in elite and ultimate, allows the use of Kymon’s Will augment. Not really necessary and can just be replaced with a Survivor’s Ingenuity.

Levelling
Since you only started this build with at the very least an Obsidian Juggernaut and the Clairvoyant set waiting in your stash, I will assume you have access to Flintcore Bolts and Searing Ember.

Grimcalc without bonuses: http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-Sa472J
Until you switch over to Obsidian Tremor as your main attack skill, I recommend getting gear with +% fire damage, casting speed, resists, hp and energy regen as priority. Preferably use a weapon with cast speed and a caster offhand.

[spoiler]* Levels 1 to 7:
Start with Arcanist class, put a few points into Panetti’s Replication Missile (PRM) to be able to kill stuff until character level 7, then rush level 5 arcanist mastery and start maxing Olexra’s Flash Freeze (OFF). OFF will decimate the whole screen save from bosses, very handy to clear trash and cc stronger foes.

• Levels 7 to 15:
    At level 7, refund the points you put into PRM, and upgrade one of your weapons with a Searing Ember. Use the granted skill as your main attack skill until level 15. On bosses, use OFF first to debuff their fire resist then blast away. You can start putting upgrades in all equipment slots once they become available.

Once you’ve maxed OFF, keep throwing points into the arcanist mastery and put one point into Mirror of Ereoctes, 3 points into Maiven’s Sphere of Protection (start always maintaining it) and 1 point into Nullification as they become available. You can start putting Ectoplasms in your jewelry at level 11 to help spamming if needed.

• Levels 15 to end of Veteran (40-50):
    At level 15, make sure to grab a caster offhand and upgrade it with Flintcore bolts, you will use the granted skill Greater Fire Blast until the end of veteran, backed with OFF and eventually Devastation as you reach Arcanist mastery level 50 and max it asap. Put a point into Conversion and 3 into Mental Alacrity on the way. If you find an item with + arcanist skills, you can grab 1 point in the relevant skills noted in the skills section if there aren’t any yet.

At level 20 you can upgrade your main hand with an Enchanted Flint and maintain the aura. At level 18 you can use a Calamity relic, at level 35 you can use the Haunt relic. At level 40 you can grab faction augments for weapons and trinkets, for example Arkovian Rose Powder and Voidvine Powder.
OFF + Greater Fire Blast + Devastation will absolutely annihilate everything veteran throws at you. Once you’ve maxed Devastation, start using Reckless Power and max it. Then keep 10 spare mastery points and start pumping the rest into leveling the Occultist mastery. Grab DEE + transmuter once you complete Widow devotion and attach the celestial power to it.

• Elite (levels 45-50 to 65-70)
    Once you reach Elite difficulty, you will start to notice that Greater Fire Blast is starting to lose steam. When you feel it’s really going too slow, put the spare points you were keeping into Calidor’s Tempest and start using it as main attack skill, dump points into it until it’s maxed. The skill is an energy hog, make sure you have ectoplasms in your rings, a Focusing Prism or Arcane Lense in your amulet, and an Arcane spark in your medal, and prioritize gear with energy management bonuses. Replace Flintcore Bolts with Haunted Steel or Hollowed Fang.

Once you get to level 58, you can equip the Obsidian Juggernaut in your second weapon set with a Hollow Fang or Haunted Steel, but I recommend you only use Obsidian Tremor as your main attack skill if you also have other gear boosting chaos and physical damage waiting in your stash, such as Devil’s Cage Hauberk, Voidsteel Gauntlets and Demonbone Legplates. If choosing this way, make sure to put a point into Solael’s witchblade then 3 points into Consecrated Blade on the way to levelling Occultist mastery, and you can spec out of CT.

Either chaos tremors or CT will carry you until level 68 and the end of Elite.
Make sure to keep levelling Occultist mastery, while grabbing and maxing Blood of Dreeg and Aspect of the Guardian, DO NOT go past level 40 mastery since we only need that much to unlock Doom Bolt. If using CT, you can consider using Obsidian Tremor on stuff resistant to aether damage such as the heralds of stupid green goo in the side quests.

• Ultimate
    Continue using chaos tremors or CT your way to level 68, at which point you can equip at least one piece of my recommanded gear in every slot and become a god. Spec out of CT if you were using it, spec out of OFF, max Doom Bolt, if not done yet grab one point into Solael’s Witchblade, Second Rite and max the modifier Consecrated Blade. Put the remaining points and the ones you’ll get into Maiven’s Sphere, Mental Alacrity and Inner focus, then Solael’s Witchblade, Fabric of Reality and Mirror at the end. At that Point the build is capable of destroying everything Ultimate throws at you, even a wild nemesis appearing right as you enter the necropolis (the one death was from a devious aether shard baiting me into green goo in the Conflagration, a heinous trick that works on all the first characters that I level :o)[/spoiler]

Gameplay
Try to stay on second weapon set outside of combat, for the mobility granted by the Riftstone, open the fight by casting Devastation if needed, DEE for damage reduction and resist shred, then switch to Obsidian Juggernaut and spam the skill until stuff dies. Cast DEE on cd to apply Widow skill. Doombolt to snipe stuff for moderate damage, or trigger Hungering Void if it is used.

Track the cd of Devastation so you can quickly swap to second weapon set to cast it then back to Obsidian Juggernaut. Make sure you swapped back, I’ve died a few times or came very close to by not paying attention enough and failing to notice I didn’t swap back as was intended.

Mirror when needed, it’s on a short enough cd that it will most likely always be up when useful, try to cast it on the second set to reduce the cd.

In Closing
This is one of the most fun builds that I’ve played yet, Obsidian Tremor being awesome even with it’s shortcomings, such as stairs… And hills and slopes…

Next I’ll try Obsidian Tremor on Sorcerer with Infernal Knight set + 2 Entropic Coils + Voidsteel Gauntlets based on fire + Chaos damage and see how it goes… If I drop the set pieces that aren’t yet another chest piece :undecided: (And it works!: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48435)

Ty to Superfluff and RxJunkie who helped improve the build.

Looks good!

I would absolutely kill for a left-attack skill like Tremors in a mastery tree.

I love convoluted builds like these. How does it do against Nemeses.

Cheers. Very nice idea

Glad you like it, was very fun to see the idea ending up this viable :slight_smile:

Imgur
I managed to kill Valaran at level 81 when he appeared in the Necropolis right after I reached nemesis status in Plains of strife. I used Avatar of Mercy, Tinker’s and Screams of the Aether I still had on me from leveling when I saw him and both circuit breakers proced in that fight. I could face tank him with blooddrinker on, but the ADCTH wasn’t enough without and I had to back off a couple times to use a potion when all was on cd.

Moose I kill without safety nets even if he can eat like 75% of my hp in one hit, he’s slow enough in first form that I can face tank him with blooddrinker and BoD. In second form I’m too scared of being perma-frozen and I just kite when mirror is off cd, fairly easy even if not so fast. Now that I think of it I could try to keep devastation for when the ice shards appear and see how it goes face tanking the whole fight…

Fabius I’m curious to see but grinding the rep is annoying, not so confident for that one though.

I tried to face tank Mad Queen and she managed to kill me through Tinker + Avatar of mercy before I could react and use Mirror or Nullification… That one I just usually kill once on characters that have a chance and move on, so I’m not entirely confident on her mechanics since I usually just range her down.

Mad Queen is hard your your build because of the shotgun nature of your main attack. It’s no one’s fault, it’s her retarded vengeance proc with 0 cooldown that prohibits players from using all sorts of things on her.

PS: Glad to see someone as messy as I am with their inventory :slight_smile:

Edit:Couple of tiny suggestions. Maybe Haunted steel instead of The howllowd Fang. It has twice the AtDcH. the other maybe Replace the Shoes you got with golemborn. The%Aether damage it has doesn’t do much at your level while 300 armor added to all your mage pieces of gear would greatly increase your staying power. Fabius might convince you of that, he allways ruins my plans to go full damage.

The suggestions are valid and in the guide I do recommend to use Haunted Steel and Golemborn Greaves. The boots in the overview are just there to look cooler in the screenshot and the videos as well as showing you can go full damage items and still maintain decent levels of survivability :cool:

I’d use a haunted Steel if vengeful wraiths weren’t so rare to come by… What you can see in my inventory is just about everything I have left after crafting the relic and arcane spark used here. :frowning:

Looks are certainly important. I sometimes gimp my toon jut to make it look good.:cool:

Also, I feel your pain on vengeful Wraiths. Just need to Farm the slow undead for ectoplasm and craft the things.

And crafting a relic also drains your Materia budget

Ok, so I finally unlocked Fabius and managed to kill him on the first try while face tanking all the way, Tinker’s was useful for the bleeding resist but didn’t proc, only one mirror was used to ignore the resist debuff after the first one was removed with nullification, fight took like 40 seconds (he died during second Bloodthirster. Can certainly be done with Aethereach instead of Justice gloves without issue.

Imgur

Shoutout to Superfluff for making me realize it was possible to craft Vengeful Wraiths for the Haunted Steel, cheers!

Cool, Glad you got him. 40 Seconds is legit for a melee Aether build. Mindwarp behaves the same, Temporal Arcblade kinda the same. I made a 2h temporal blade Battlemage and tried both with cadence and with Forcewave. ~40 seconds both. Forcewave is more comfortable to use somehow though, probably because the weapon has cast speed instead of attack speed.

EDIT: I have tried loads of Devotion combinations for the builds above. Some more defensive going for the Tree of life route, and others more offensive going for OA and Behemoth + a debuff from MAticore (I use Mark of Anathema instead of Black star). I setteled for offensive. Maybe you can experiment too with the devotions below and see if your Killing power outweighs the need for tankineess. I replaced impfire with Falcon swoop which if you attach to tremor you will shotgun even more (especially since tremor has 3x chance to proc Flacon up close in singe target, my forcewave can’t do that). This + very high OA should be pretty devastating.

http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-r0E2ZB kinda like this

After more testing it’s also very possible to kill him reliably without any circuit breakers or Tinker’s bleed resist, and in 30-35 seconds depending on Devastation resets and if he decides to use Blade Barrier during devastation. Heck, I managed to kill him with the gear used in the overview a few times even if it’s not reliable enough for my tastes.

It’s usually a bit faster than that because he doesn’t get to use Blade Barrier thrice. It’s also reliable because I managed to face tank him like that 9 times in a row before he pulled off that bs… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc9UQESOSWA. Screw Notched Bone, Plaguebearer’s, Eldritch and Sinister weapons…

Aw man. I know the bs…I got Dual Notched Bone from him recently. He sent my spellbreaker into the stratosphere with his Execution+crit. :slight_smile:

I really like how your build looks. It has massive damage/shotgun potential, like the Winter king build but perhaps more. I’m curious if you will try the devotion combination I posted and see if it takes your build farther or will be to squishy to pull off like that.

I don’t see why you guys have problems with Fabius, when i am around Cronley’s and see a shiny treasure chest or hear a Shadow Strike i scream like a bitch and get the fuck out of there. That’s how it’s done :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting, I didn’t think of using Falcon Swoop and Imp sucks anyway, messes with the AI too much (even though you can use it to get super cheap kills if you attach it to Obsidian Tremor and manage to stuck even nemeses :p). Only issue would be what to use Widow on, maybe DEE or Doom Bolt, probably the latter and getting better at weapon swapping it.

I’ll try that this week and report back.

Cool. Very curious about it. Yes Widow on doom bolt is probably best. Just don’t judge Falcon swoop at lvl 1. :)At lvl 10 or so it starts to shine. A couple of BOC runs would get you to there pretty fast I think since it’s tier 1.

So I gave a bit more thought about using Falcon Swoop, then realized there was an even better option to link to Obsidian Tremor: Flame Torrent.

The skill will hit 4 times foes right in front of the player, making it deal up to 240%WD per second (unless I’m missing something and the skill entirely resets every time it procs, but it didn’t seem to be the case) whereas Falcon Swoop is only 180%WD per 2 seconds.

Then we have the damage of the proc itself, where all the chaos damage and 36% of the fire damage from Fiend will get converted to aether, whereas the physical damage from Falcon will get less favorable conversions.

Finally, the sheer frequency of hits from flame torrent + Obsidian Tremor will make Aethereach, the amulet and the relic proc like crazy.

We end up replacing Imp constellation for Fiend, little adjustments and we end up with much more damage and even more survivability because we have more %WD so more ADCTH: https://grimcalc.com/build/1006-K2Oyas

Widow ends up on DEE so we can have 100% uptime (and so I don’t forget to use it :o)

In the end we end up being able to kill Fabius in a bit more than 25 seconds reliably, with the best time I got being 24 seconds with double Devastation reset back to back.

Next step is trying a heavy OA orientated devotion setup and see if it can still reliably kill Fabius if no bs weapons (screw Eldritch): http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-06FAbM or http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-Up2twh.

Edit: yeah… no… Stick with the recommanded setup, too ugly going full offense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXZkd5ZOhg
Even adding a bit more defenses wouldn’t be enough to make a higher dps Devotion setup reliable imo. Critting the living daylights out of everything else with 3k OA and +53 crit damage is fun though, I’ll try with Hungering Void a bit before switching back to recommended setup.

Just looked at your new Devotion setup and I had an idea.

You can remove the following: (5 points)
Order Crossroads
4 points in Targo the Builder

You can place those points into the following:
(5 points)
Chaos Crossroads
3 points in Behemoth to get Giant’s Blood
1 point in Tree of Life to finish it

You would lose 6% Health and ~35 DA, but you gain the Giant’s Blood Proc, an additional 10 Health/sec and +20% Health Regen. You keep the flat 300 Health going this route as well.

What do you think about that?

I have everything to make this character so I’ll level it up after my current Druid. I’m always looking builds centered around an item-granted skill. :slight_smile:

That’s certainly a possibility, but I believe keeping the yellow crossroad would be better than finishing Tree, since if you remove it you would also need to drop the 250 hp node in Scales.

So the trade-off would end up being: (35 DA+ 5% hp) in exchange for (10 hp per second + Giant’s Blood proc) before the bonuses.

I didn’t think of that since there were no points in red before the change to Fiend. Yes, I’ll try it out when I respec to the defensive setup, definitely a good idea. :slight_smile:

My coffee hadn’t fully kicked in this morning, so I missed that point in Scales.

Yes, the point in Order Crossroads should stay (even for the +5% Health), then the choice is the point in Scales for 250 Health/300 Energy or the point in Tree for +4% Health and +20% Health Regen.

Depends how much that 250 Health scales to with bonuses and if the +4% Health can almost match it. That +20% Health Regen seems to pair well with Blood of Dreeg and the Giant’s Blood proc though… tough choice!

In any case, great write-up and character. I love thematic builds that look the part as well. This one looks like some Warhammer 40k Inquisitor - Badass!

Updated OP with changes from the 1.0.0.7.h2 update, mostly coping with increase in enemy OA and possibility of ditching Devastation. Devastation is still very useful, but only for clearing trash that isn’t an issue anyway, and bosses with big hitboxes that aren’t an issue either. Failing to notice I haven’t swapped back to the hammer has gotten me killed a lot too.

Worth of note that the build was capable of clearing crucible challenger in 1.0.0.6 by swapping the amulet to an avatar of Mercy, and tackling gladiator waves 100+. Will try again once the promised reduction of nemeses OA and caster DA buffs land.

edit: added a few videos of Valbury