[1.0.0.7] Gunslinger Sorcerer - Fire & Chaos

You can swap the order round depending on whether you feel you need more offense or defence.

I would start off with Hawk and Scholar’s Light:

• Green
  • Hawk
  • Scholar’s Light
  • Green

You could then go for Solael’s Witchblade for some -%rr by temporarily taking Jackal:

• Red
  • Jackal
  • Solael’s Witchblade (bind skill to FireStrike)
  • Red

You then have a choice of:

[ul][li]Behemoth for health & regen + Giant’s Blood skill (requires Eel)[/li]
[li]Hydra for damage and OA (requires Empty Throne or Wolverine)[/li]
[li]Chariot of the Dead for OA + Wayward Soul skill (requires Empty Throne or Wolverine)[/li]
[/ul]
By the time you put these next points in you’ll probably be getting towards the end of Normal / Veteran and you’ll be short on resistances when you start Elite, which is why I would take Empty Throne instead of Wolverine which is in the final build. I would also take the first 3 points in Rhowan’s Crown to get some flat -rr as you won’t have enough skill points for BWC / Agonizing Flames until you have most of the final gear.

So…

• Purple
  • Empty Throne
  • Purple
  • Rhowan’s Crown (first 3 points)
  • Blue
  • Eel
  • Blue
  • Behemoth (first 3 points)

That’s 27 devotion points in total, and there are 27 shrines in Normal / Veteran if you managed to find them all, and you did the Rover’s Mogdrogen quest.

From there it’s up to you. If you want to rush Ulzuin’s Torch, which will be a big damage boost and give you Meteor Shower, then the quickest route would be:

• Hydra
  • rest of Behemoth
  • Green
  • Ulzuin’s Torch (except last node on right)

You might also want to temporarily take the 4th node in Rhowan’s Crown as you start Elite for the whopping 18% Elemental Resistance.

At some point, when you have completed Behemoth, Hydra, and Chariot of the Dead, you’ll need to remove Jackal (will require putting a point in Red crossroads). You can also remove the point in Green crossroads once you have more than 15 Green in total.

If you want to take Revenant for the ADCtH then you’ll need to remove the points in Rhowan’s Crown, so you’ll want an alternative source of flat -rr before doing that…either BWC / Agonizing Flames, as in the final, optimised build, or Black Star of Deceit.

That will take you to the final setup, but a lot of it depends on how much of the target gear you have.

The original grimcalcs got bugged in the latest patch, so I added screenshots to the main post for the 1.0.0.8 update.

I’ll remove the bugged grimcalcs and post some new ones if it’s fixed.

Hey about that, just make a new one if you can. It got fixed, but you have to make a new one

Tidied up and updated the original post with working grimcalcs and current GD Equipment Config.

Hey, my first character is a Gunslinger Sorcerer and I’m trying to salvage him. Granted I’m refusing to do chaos if I can help it (otherwise I would have gone Pyromancer, no offense to your build though it’s certainly solid but that’s just how I feel) so I’m going more elemental, but I’m just looking at your build and am very confused by how you’re getting your numbers. I’ve gone HEAVILY into defensive devotions; I have Chariot, Eel, Viper, Crown, Solemn Watcher, Lizard, Ghoul, Aeon’s Hourglass, and 3 points into Behemoth, among other things. But my DA is only like 1950; OA is at 2100. I only have 7.5k health as well, and my DPS is like 25k. I use Haunted Steel + Oleron’s Might as well for damage reduction as well as 14/12 Maiven’s, but Fabius still rolls me. My gear is pretty lacking though so maybe that’s it. I have 2 Deviltongues, Empowered Essence, Pyroclasm Mark, Legwraps of Tranquil Mind, Ulzuin’s shoulders, Iskandra’s chest, Stormtitan Greaves, Hammerfall Girdle, Empowered Marauder’s Gloves, and Empowered Eyes of Flame. So anyway…

1. How dependent would you say your build is on all the Stonehide/Of Kings items? They seem to be what’s giving you the health/DA/resistances for you to wear DPS gear. Do you think you could still handle Nemesis content without these rares?

2. How are you getting 47k DPS when you barely have attack speed? I see you’re getting lots of flat fire, and maybe it’s the super close to maxed Fire Strike line that’s giving you such huge numbers, but I’m just surprised at the disparity when I have half that number.

3. Why Reckless Power? It seems like a lot of skill points used just to get +% Fire Damage and flat Aether, when you could be using it for Static Strike instead (which gives a 70% chance of huge flat Lightning damage, which you are buffing through Ulzuin’s and Thermite Mine) or Elemental Balance (for +% crit damage)

Anyway, thanks for reading. I’d appreciate your input. I’ll upload my Grim Calc + current equipment in a couple hours so that you get a better idea.

1. Yeah, MIs are key for capping resistances and boosting Health and ADCtH. You can probably make it work with Epic/Legendaries, but you might have to swap gear around for different bosses as it will probably be difficult to cap all resistances.

2. Everything adds up - near maxed Fire Strike line / Flamed Touched, offensive devotions and augments etc, recommended gear with + set bonuses etc. As I said in the original post, this is an optimised end-game build with high gear requirements. Gunslingers are under-supported as it is :slight_smile:

3. You could definitely go either of those routes. I went RP for the boost to %Fire as I have a lot more -rr for Fire than for Lightning. I haven’t done the maths to see which is better on paper tho. I would probably max Arcanist mastery anyway for the stats.

Regarding Fabius, maxed pierce resistance and around 2,250k effective DA (I have 2100 DA + 12/12 BWC) makes him a lot easier. He’s still tough for this build, occasionally, depending on what weapons he spawns with.

The difference in OA/DA comes down to gear mostly. Most of the recommended gear has one or both of these stats. I also gambled a lot of pieces at Tyrants Hold, which can get you an additional roll.

Ving, your defenses seem decent to me.

Did you try testing w/o Maiven against nemeses?

I mean the skill literally reduces total damage so if you can drop it then i would.

Yeah, the new vids I posted are without Maiven’s buff. I’ve tested all Nemesis except Maiden and they’re all doable. I’ve had the odd hairy moment on Fabius, but haven’t died yet.

With 2 points in Maiven’s it’s 8% absorption and -3% damage which doesn’t seem too bad a trade off if you happen to be in a tough situation. I have it on my main bar now though, and play with it off most of the time. Once I get comfortable with the idea I’ll probably move the points elsewhere :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion btw.

So I tested this against iron maiden and they were a breeze, If I hadn’t messed up on a skill I would’ve killed them without dying. So far I’ve not ran into any trouble against any nemesis I’ve faced.

I even tried it against Rashalga, requires a bit of kiting but doable with no deaths - though I’m level 80 currently.

Np

I agree low-level Maiven is a good way to get more staying power. But i have always been salty about loosing my damage so i look for defenses elsewhere

Good call on not making a permanent buff, again good build. Make sure it’s in the compendium (Build Compendium V)

Face-tanking Queen is a little hard

And even if a build can do it, i’d stay silent about such a build since apparently everyone thinks facetanking enemies is a bad thing :rolleyes:

And you had right experience with Maiden, one-misstep with her and bam. Bitch doesn’t even let me kite :undecided:

Good to know, thanks.

Thanks :slight_smile: And yup, it’s in the build compendium.

Hello,How do you activate the ability to carry 2 weapons?

See the first post on page 2 of this thread.

Holy fuck!!

That image in the main thread is bad-ass :cool:

Hey, thanks dude :smiley:

I thought it seemed appropriate :wink:

Edit: it didn’t look quite as good without Maiven’s though :eek:

YOu’re right, it looks much better with Maiven’s

And we have found a good use for Maiven’s :rolleyes: (jk, it’s a good skill i just don’t like it but it’s good nonetheless)

Hey there.
Many thanks for this build, it’s the best RDD that I ever seen in this game.
Could you please tell me how to replace legs? It’s a last slot I need and I spent last 2 days trying to grind it with zero result (actually I have a full inventory of this pants with wrong prefixes and suffixes XD).
P.S. just downloaded update, looks like build just gained about +2k dps and +200 HP.

Thanks, dude. Glad you’re having fun with it.

RE legs, just use whatever you have that covers the resistances you need most. And keep farming…for as long as it takes :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting for GoG to update… :eek:

Anyone tried this with Shard of Beronath since new patch? Can it improve the build or are the current components better?