[1.0.0.7] Gunslinger Sorcerer - Fire & Chaos

Thanks for reply, I already got it. I farmed Solael’s Guard for almost 4 days XD

Shard of Beronath Ranged is meant for something like this
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49277

Warlock has no auto-attack replacer so Shard fits there

Ving’s own build uses Fire and Chaos, and when he already has Fire Strike i see no logical reason to go for Shard

Ty for explaining :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for all the time you’ve put into this guide. Looks like a lot of fun and something you’ve put a lot of time into.

I’m new to the game (this is my first toon) and I don’t understand the Devotion distribution you’re showing.

I see 1 point in Chaos - Crossroads, then “Eel” (requires 1 Primordial) and then “Scholar’s Light” and “Hawk” which I think each require 1 Eldritch. Then there’s also “Wolverine” which requires 1 Ascendant. But I only see the 1 point in Chaos, and none of the required points for the other constellations are being met, at least that I can see.

I’m very confused. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Once you have a constellation completed it can be kept from its own completion bonus so you may have to take a crossroad to unlock x constellation and once it is completed you can unspec out of the crossroad.

Ohhhh right. I did read the entire Game Guide (yes, every word!) and I remember reading about how Constellations can support their own requirements when respeccing.

Wow, with that in mind, that’s quite a journey to get to where he is. It looks like he’s had 1 point in Eldritch, Primordial and Ascendant but all those points have been removed once the Constellation was unlocked.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the quick response!

Ahh, yes, I think this feature confuses pretty much everyone when they first start GD. I remember it took me a good while to get my head round it :slight_smile:

If you look at post #20 on page 2 of this thread there is a step by step guide for devotions (while levelling). You can walk through it in grimcalc to get a better feel for how they work.

Have fun with your Gunslinger :smiley:

How to dual wield gun?

Page 2, first post (#11).

Oh snap! Good-guy OP is still around supporting his guide! :smiley:

Thanks for the guide and the link. Once I read pedlttmedl4u2’s comment it was a “derp” moment for me and it was actually a fun little mini-puzzle to reverse engineer your devotion choices. I’ll check out the link though and probably follow that anyway.

Character is currently 37 and I’m still cheesing through Veteran with the Flash Freeze + Fireblast combo. It feels so strong I’m surprised I don’t see max FF+Abs Zero in more builds.

Are you willing to be tapped for more questions later? (reasonable ones after googling first ofc) If so, should I ask here or do you have some other preference?

In either case, thanks again! This community has awesome guides which are much appreciated by newcomers like myself and my roommate.

The game’s mechanics are actually intuitive and easy to understand for us, but the sheer number of character build choices is predictably overwhelming.

:smiley:

The problem is, OFF only really works on trash. Heroes and bosses are immune to the freeze, and hence the -Fire Resistance. By the time you are kitted out in end-game gear the trash dies so fast from Fire Strike that you don’t need OFF so it’s just a waste of skill points.

It’s a shame, 'cause it’s a great skill to use in terms of visuals/audio.

So, enjoy it while you are levelling :wink:

Sure, go for it. If it’s related to the build then post here, but you can also start new threads if you have more general questions.

Hey! Would you say this build is usable as a ‘‘new’’ player with none of the gear? (I have played the game before in the end game, but I reinstalled so I have no gear). Thanks.

Dude, ALL builds in GD is gear dependent. This build is very good, but it’s not good idea to make your first character following this guide. Cronley’s ring and legs are VERY hard to grind and it is no other option to receive it. Boots can be only crafted with a small chance to receive suffix and prefix you need (i spent almost 1000 of scrap and about 3kk of iron bits to craft it). Thrust me, it’s easier to find/craft legendary items (thanks to the blacksmith in Tyrant’s Hold). But if you want to play as a gunslinger, it’s the best option anyway.

It’s usable, of course (i use it as my 1-st build), even without good gear. Mostly because Fire Strike, occultist passives and Abominable Might provide nice DPS evn without good boost from gear. But there are much better builds in GD.

Mmmm… occultist passives? Dude, Sorcerer=Demolitionist+Arcanist :smiley:

Oh, yeah, forgot to say… i started as Sorcerer, but then, i found out that Pyromancer is just plain better, so i started another toon.

I think it’s more a case of personal preference. I’ve played pyro as well, and I much prefer sorc. There’s nothing that pyro can do end game that sorc can’t tbh, if you have a well built char with appropriate stats (which is what this build is).

Added a brief update post for 1.0.0.10 in the main thread (basically a slight dps increase, no change to the build).

If anyone has any additional insights from their own testing please let me know :slight_smile:

Vinc can you just shortly explain why you preferer reckless power to for istance overload and elemental balance? Is it because your build is also a bit spell oriented?

I stopped playing one year ago, and now I started back again, at that time I was utilizing this build: The Mad Sorc! Elemental Fury, so I wanted to figure out what were the differences.

My items in general are pretty bad (compared to yours), I didnt manage to find a lot of Ulzuin pieces and also I lack both exterminus and deviltongue; long story short, after lvl 50 of challenger crucible I get annihilated :D.

I wanted to maximise fire damage as the core of the build is fire damage, resists reduction, and ADCTH to provide sustain. I also like the 9% Casting Speed which means quicker Flashbang / BWC / Thermite Mines, which in turn means less interruption to dealing damage and sustaining health.

Elemental Balance is also a good choice as OA is reasonable. I didn’t really test it extensively so feel free to play around.

Even going for EB I would still max out the Arcanist Mastery for the stats.