[1.0.0.9] BBQ Master Commando - I'm so hot Shar'Zul invited me to eat world with him

I. Concept

I’m a bit surprise a simple yet effective build like this doesn’t already exist in compendium nor this forum.

This build combine the tankiness of both soldier and demolitionist while abusing the burning damage of BWC and Thermite mine, producing the tankiest melee/caster hybrid you ever seen.

1. Pros:
  • 12k HP on top of Overguard on top of Blast Shield on top of Giant’s Blood on top of Menhir’s Will. Not tanky enough for you? (seriously?) Replace Oleron’s Rage with Menhir’s Bulwark.
  • Massive AOE damage, you can burn the whole screen with just a few buttons clicked
  • Solid RR with Thermite mine + BWC
  • Fun and fluid game play
  • Little energy management as long as you don’t spam Thermite mine (they last for quite a while)
  • Relatively easy to cap resistances
  1. Cons:
  • Somewhat low single target damage/DOT, unless you manage to get Warpfire proc on target
  • Have some trouble killing fast moving bosses due to the static mechanic of mine and BWC
  • Depend on RR proc from mine and Eldritch fire to actually deal damage.

II. Skills and Gears

1. Skills and devotions:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxWv525
Grimcalc build (with +skills)
Grimcalc build (without +skills)

Stats: 80 Physique 10 Spirit to equip Warpfire. If you don’t use Warpfire just go for more physique.

Devotion bindings:

• Meteor Shower —> BWC: their cooldown match, throwing BWC will create a danger zone with meteor shower for massive damage
  • Eldritch Fire --> Flash Bang: spam Flash Bang to trigger Eldritch Fire
  • Fissure —> Thermite mine: so you don’t actually have to attack to trigger Fissure
  • The rest: just bind to any aura

We don’t use Rhowan Crown because it doesn’t stack with BWC, although Elemental Storm is a bit better than Agonizing Flame, I’d like the option to go for Behemoth

Why not Grenado?
This build focus on burn damage, not fire

1. Gears:

Head: Infernal Knight’s Faceguard (Sanctified Bone / Mogdrogen’s Touch (Devil’s Crossing))
Shoulders: Infernal Knight’s Pauldrons (Scaled Hide / Mankind’s Vigil (Black Legion))
Chest: Infernal Knight’s Jacket (Chains of Oleron / Mogdrogen’s Touch (Devil’s Crossing))
Main hand: Warpfire (Enchanted Flint / Creed’s Cunning (Black Legion))
Offhand: Siegebreaker (Enchanted Flint / Outcast’s Bastion (Outcasts))
Hands: Wyrmbone Handguards (Spellwoven Threads / Mankind’s Vigil (Black Legion))
Waist: Infernal Knight’s Girdle (Antivenom Salve / Mogdrogen’s Touch (Devil’s Crossing))
Legs: Seraphim Solael-Sect Legguards of Incantations (Ancient Armor Plate / Outcast’s Warding Powder (Outcasts))
Feet: Stonehide Exalted Treads of Nature’s Bounty (Mark of Mogdrogen / Kingsguard Powder (Black Legion))
Amulet: Heart of Ulzuin (Aether Soul / Survivor’s Ingenuity (Devil’s Crossing))
Rings: Lifegiver Signet (Corpse Dust / Survivor’s Ingenuity (Devil’s Crossing))
Rings: Aetherfire Cronley’s Signet of Attack (Corpse Dust / Survivor’s Ingenuity (Devil’s Crossing))
Medal: Mark of Anathema (Arcane Spark)
Relic: Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm

Equipment is quite straightforward. You will need 1 Cronley’s Signet to cap pierce resistances, any usable option is fine

What about Ulzuin set?
Ulzuin set gives more damage on the lightning side as well so it should be an option, but I like the proc on Infernal Knight set more. And of course, I don’t have an Ulzuin set

III. Leveling and Combat

This is so easy, just throw everything every 5 seconds and you are set. You can hit with Firestrike in between to trigger stuff, but no rotation needed

But try to aim Thermite mine on priority targets

IV. Dungeons & Bosses tips
This build is so tanky I decided to do all roguelike dungeons without using any potion, not even energy potion. Death rooms are more like cozy rooms for you :smiley:

Steps of Torment:

So easy I have nothing to say

Bastion of Chaos:

Only Shar’Zul is a bit of a problem due to his high fire resistances, but still not much of a problem. Also featuring my first Worldeater drop :smiley:

I will try to convert this build to a Worldeater version in the next few days

Port Valbury:

No potions used even when going throught the aetherial field

Mad Queen:

Standard trap and kite

Nemesis:
Didn’t find any yet, although I can picture Cronley’s nemesis a problem because they move so fast and have blade barrier that negate a big chunk of your DOT

V. Crucible tips
Always fight in Crucible of the Dead for faster time. At wave 80+ stand in front of a spawn point and kill it before other spawn points reach you

Example of wave 100-120. I did this without Flame Touched, when I was rearranging skills earlier I cleared that slot and forgot to put it back xD This also shows how good this build is because my Giant’s Blood is bound to Flame Touched, so this is a very underpowered run

Someone posted that last year
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=455699#post455699

I also have my own version, tankier yet the build is doing a lot of damage.
Here’s my build: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mqYr2j

The last year build has much less OA, which makes it ineffective to use Warpfire proc

And your build uses Cadence instead of BWC.

So they are fundamentally different from mine

nice build… bwc commando is always hot:cool:

we have just about the same build with some differences… crucible gladiator is quite a breeze so far until wave 150…

using firestrike too :

link in my profile

This is already an old setup of mine. now build is slightly diffeeent now and I am using cadence :stuck_out_tongue:

If you think my build rely on cadence to kill stuff you’re wrong! Cadence damage is little compared to the damage from other source. Also, cadence is being used because i find it better than firestrike for the build… I tested both.
Also, gameplay wise I also use BWC (1 point in it though), but I have the manticore proc assigned to it. Will prob give up on it (manticore) in the expansion for the last modifier of BWC.
The main difference between your build and mine are

1. I’m more in melee range while in some situation you’re more in range.
  2. I don’t focus on fireburn damage at all.

Concerning the OA and Warpfire it doesn’t matter much since fire builds like that have many hits on the ennemy coming from many source so it procs quite fast. Having more OA allow you to crit more and have higher crit multiplier though.

EDIT: It might be seen like I attack you, but I’m not! If you felt that way I’m sorry! :slight_smile:

Having more or less OA does not make build fundamentally different. There are many variations of BWC commando builds and you can find some of them posted earlier on this forum.
Tho dont let that discourage you, your build looks ok and keep up good work :slight_smile:

P.S. Put one point in blitz it will do wonders for your mobility and also I personally find meteor shower bound on blitz works better than bound on BWC due to less CD :slight_smile:

Some of mine setups for BWC commando, in both Im using menhirs will instead of olerons rage.

Yeah problem with me is that I can’t press that many buttons. 3 frequent buttons + 1 occasional button is my comfort zone, adding 1 more is really pushing it. That’s why I sprinkle skill points everywhere instead of adding mroe active skills.

oh JoV I always forgot that medal exists, … and did you mean Menhir’s bulwark? :stuck_out_tongue:

Such fashionable medal and you forgot about it, shame on you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, sry my bad :undecided:

That second pic is the “no buffs/banners” version i guess? :stuck_out_tongue:

@OP good job on your commando. I’d consider replacing that medal though. The lifegiver too. You hardly do any %weapon damage.

OMG that MIs, how many hours you paid to get it ? :eek:

My only source of medals is RNG at the celestial smith :frowning: it’s not bad though, have some burn duration. I will consider entropic coil instead of life giver

The pants are pretty quick to drop, I think it’s only less than 10 guardians of Solael and I have used it for like 20 characters. The boots, well, 20 millions down the smiths

Yea, you got me there, tho even first one can do it, but not that reliable.