[1.0.0.9] Dracarris Incarnate - Pet/Fire Hybrid Pyromancer, 6s Mad Queen, Solo Gladiator Extra Spawn

Testing is not easy, because the radius of the damage scaling is to high…

Nevertheless i tried a few things with my Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh: The Revenant attacks with a melee weapon so it should have +%weapon damage.

1. Is my assumption right? ( Is he doing +% weapon damage?)

2. Dot Damge don’t work. I use a Empowered Bloodseal and there is no dot damage displayed (should go 3 sec). So the exception is every Flatdamage which is done by damage over time? (another example is Starfire --> no extra damage procced).

Damn it. I really wanna see a proof with my own eyes. Is there a Post from Crate itself or a video, which is providing a proof for this mechanic?

Edit: So Solaels Witchfire is improving Pet Damage also? Can’t believe that…

Edit 2: I can’t see any difference in the damage, if i wear only the Grimoire and +15 - 25 Flat Damage. With or without the Flat Damage the overall damage scales around the same values.

Again what am i missing?

Should do, yes.

1. Dot Damge don’t work. I use a Empowered Bloodseal and there is no dot damage displayed (should go 3 sec). So the exception is every Flatdamage which is done by damage over time? (another example is Starfire --> no extra damage procced).

Not sure what this is asking?

Damn it. I really wanna see a proof with my own eyes. Is there a Post from Crate itself or a video, which is providing a proof for this mechanic?

Not that I know of no. Any information that has been gleamed on pets, % weapon damage and flat damage I assume was all done through testing via DaShiv and possibly others.

Edit: So Solaels Witchfire is improving Pet Damage also? Can’t believe that…

Edit 2: I can’t see any difference in the damage, if i wear only the Grimoire and +15 - 25 Flat Damage. With or without the Flat Damage the overall damage scales around the same values.

Again what am i missing?

Solael’s Witchfire is not an aura as it does not have a radius. It will only effect your character, not your pets.

Is this build beginner friendly? I dont have much gear saved up, none of which is for this one.

YES, very much so!

I started following this guide as a first-time player and it’s totally easy-mode. Granted, I’m playing through on Normal difficulty to get a feel for things. Currently towards the end of Act 3 content and burninating ALL the things.

I’m level 42 and don’t have any special items - just greens and blues I’ve picked up while playing through the storyline. I just got my Ravage blueprint, so I’ll be farming up materials for it for a bit.

To start out, add a searing ember to your melee weapon of choice and let your pets do the dirty-work. You can kite mobs and bosses that like to get in your face (I’m looking at you, Crowley). But really, once you hit a group with your two main debuffs, the hellhound makes quick work of just about anything without a star over its head.

Hey, im new to Grim Dawn. I created my 1st character and decided to follow you guide which looks cool and good reviews by other folks.

I see there is a link to the skill tree on you 1st post and then you have written a leveling guide which follows a different skill tree.

I’m assuming I have to follow your leveling guide since i’m leveling from scratch and the 1st skill tree you posted is for End game? Please correct me if i’m wrong =) I’m a total noob in this game, just starting to learn the basics.

One more question, lets say i followed you leveling guide all the way and reached end game, am I able to respec the points to follow your 1st skill tree? Or would I have to roll a new character in order to do that?

Hello alfahim. You can respec points at the Spirit Guide for a small cost (becomes more expensive the more you respec, but the small amount needed for leveling vs. end game in this build is super cheap, so feel free to follow the leveling guide and know you’ll have plenty of money/materials to respec to the end game build once you get there).

The Spirit Guide is located in Devil’s Crossing in the far back corner. If you do the expansion content, Spirit Guide is located in one of the new areas. Also, see my new player guide now on the builds forum to help you out with a lot of the questions I’m sure you have as a new player.

Flat damage on bloodseal is for you not your pets.

Also pet dots are not displayed, because there would be too many numbers. Can test by using skeleton army + elemental exchange/overload

Great Thanks :smiley:

Ive reached level 33 now following your build step by step, so far doing great but I have run into some drawbacks,

I’m not able to equip alot of green gear that drops now due to my low spirit which is currently at 190, since I’ve been putting all my attribute points into Physical following the guide. Alot of the green items at level 35 require 300+ spirit. My physique is at 506 now.

I read your equipment priority over and over again to understand but im still confused about these 2 points which is the top 2 priorities.

1. Skill bonuses for Flame Touched, including +all skills and +all Demolitionist skills. Flame Touched should be 22/12 at endgame.

2. Pet +% OA bonus.

3. Can you maybe post some examples? Skill bonuses as in +1 flame touched? Are there any others?

Do +fire dmg, +burn damage, + electric damge count ?

1. I’ve only seen pet %damage on gear, what is +%OA bonus?

I’m still having trouble comparing gear which regards to whats more superior, I try to learn how to differentiate faster.

Does this mean Large Health Pools on gear should be my top priority?

Will there be an updated version of this lovely build for ashes of malmouth? :slight_smile:

The leveling guide invests more heavily in skills early on for faster and easier leveling. As you continue on, the focus in skill points will shift more toward the mastery bars for stats, and you’ll be able to equip more of the items you find.

Pet builds generally have zero need for any cunning or spirit beyond equipment requirements, so investing hard into physique is the best way to go in the long run. It’s not worth wasting points into spirit just to equip items earlier.

Grimtools list of all items with bonuses to Flame Touched. Any items with “+all skills” or “+all skills in Demolitionist” will also work.

+% fire damage, +% burn damage, and +% lightning damage don’t contribute to Flame Touched, only skill bonuses do.

Grimtools list of all items with +%OA for pets. +% Pet OA usually shows up later than +% pet damage. Early on, it’s good to have a few items with +% pet damage to speed up leveling, but at endgame the +% pet OA bonus becomes far more important.

Under “Equipment Priority” section of the Guide there’s a ranking of priorities. Large health bonuses is near the top (but not at the very top).

Yes, after I’ve pushed out one or two new builds for AoM.

Just so you know … OA = Offensive Ability.

New to the game, so please bear with me: I can’t apply Enchanted Flint to my weapon, why is that? Everything else in the guide up to this point is working fine.
Thanks for any help.

At level 53 now, on doing elite now =)

Couple of questions:

Atm im still friendly/respected with most factions, and I’ve been choosing the outcasts over the others following the guide. I understood from the guide the reason for choosing outcasts on normal/elite is stacking on the augments from outcasts and then I can choose the other factions on Ultimate, please correct me if i’m wrong.

1. What are augments?
  2. When you say stack up as in buy as much as possible while im on elite?
  3. At what point in the game do I need to start worrying about them and purchasing them?
    4.While following the leveling guide, in some steps you say to go buy some pet gear from some factions,
    eg. Level 55: Shop for pet jewelry from Black Legion.

For Black Legion you mean buy from Klines: Quartermaster or Pavla: Black Legion Wares? or both?

1. Does it matter what 1h weapon I use for this build? dagger vs mace vs sword vs axe etc… Is there a best/favorable option?

Is it a melee weapon?

Dear Rattosh, hurry up man! :smiley:

Yes, it’s Guardsman’s Hammer, a one-handed mace.

Well, that’s just odd. Enchanted flint should go on there no problem. Does it already have a component on it? (Sorry for the dumb questions)

Could also be to do with the item level or your level in regards to attaching the Enchanted Flint?