[1.0.1.0] "DOOM SLAYER" Valdun's Commando build

Hi everyone, just wanted to see what u think about this build im trying to improve http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLwD92G
Its purpose is to act a little like the doom guy from the game doom which i think u all know about, so I focused on physical, pierce and trauma damage.
Please feel free to tell me how to optimize it, as im totally new to using grimtools and not really experienced in character making ! :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure you REALLY want the 100% penetrating from fighting form.

I haven’t played DOOM so i don’t know what the concept is but I can give some advice regarding a valdun build. Just like what valium said. Get 12/12 on fighting spirit as it will give you a lot more damage and AOE. Remove the overcap on all the skills except Cadence and maybe deadly momentum. Replace those that are not part of the valdun set with either + cadence items or those that help your resists. Your aether res is too low so as soon as you get something that fits with aether res then equip it asap. Oleron’s rage is a must for this build because it gives a lot of pierce. I can’t comment on devotions cause i’m on mobile.

Here’s a build based on the Valdun set

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53852&highlight=valdun's

Few things:

-You’ll probably needs points in Spirit to equip your rings/amulet/medal. Some components might add some here and there but keep this in mind as in your grimtools, you would not be able to equip these with 230.

-Drop your points in Vindictive Flame/Fighting Spirit down. Fighting Spirit is 1 point only. Vindictive Flame’s total speed scales poorly after 16/16. 9/16 is a safe bet for 10% or you can go up to 16/16 if you have spare points to dump somewhere.

-Put points into: Fighting Form for the penetration. Field Command and Oleron’s Rage as well for the OA. You are low on OA. Blast Shield for an amazing defensive proc. 1pt into Blackwater Cocktail and it’s transmuter High Potency for the Physical damage reduction.

-Change your devotion. Light of Empyrion isn’t doing much as you only have a Fire % bonus of 458. Valdun’s set heavily implies Pierce damage, you’ll want to try and grab Unknown Soldier. Pick up Kraken too as it is a pretty big boost for 2-Handers. I don’t know if you have a source of flat resistance reduction so Manticore is probably warranted.

Without changing your gear (which you probably should look at too a bit) and keeping some of your build’s concept intact (like Grenado/Casnister Bomb), i’de do something like this.

Thanks for those detailed replies !
After reading your advices and trying different things on grimtools I finally ended up leaving the Valdun’s gear for a Warborn build with The Adversary as my weapon : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPwgdV0
It’s the same idea but this gear was more accurate on what I wanted to do.
What do you guys think ?

Dire Boar’ skill (Maul) requires melee weapon to activate, what is the point of it in ranged build?