[1.0.1.0] Dual wield Aether Battlemage (100% Conversion)

Dual wield Aether Battlemage (100% Conversion):

Misclicked Mirror 1st try, killed her 2nd try.

Idea: Battlemage in general is getting more love since the recent patch and I saw this:

Credit: And also THIS Build from TZ tz and wanted to do a Battlemage version that uses dual Mindwarps so here we go!

Conversion: We get 50% physical to aether (assuming average rolls) from the 2 Mindwarps +2 Wrathstones. another 36% from both Mindwarp procs (yes they both proc) and 15% from reckless power giving us the sweet spot of 101% Physical to Aether. Only Downside: We lose the purity and some DPS by going for Iskandra’s Elemental exchange since it gives 15% Physical to Elemental but we gain 25% crit damage which is worth (it just doesn’t look as clean:undecided:)

Without Elemental Exchange:

With Elemental Exchange:

Screenshot with all toggled auras and Maiven’s Sphere (don’t get fooled by the DPS, with 68% crit cadence can easily hit for 110-120k)

Grimtools Link:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/p254zoN5

Grimcalc without +Skills:
http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-ayvoqR

Changes based on Feedback: ~

Skills and Devotions: As far as skills used goes this build doesn’t have many, pretty much just left click and stuff dies. Devotions are a little bit more interesting. This build is using 2 tier 3 devotions namely Spear of the Heavens and Tree of Life. The third core devotion is Widow, unfortunately widow requires 6 Eldritch points which means that we have to pick up Bat for the complete Constellation bonus. Bat sadly doesn’t do anything for us besides 3% life steal but its necessary. Crane picked up for some extra resistances and because its the only Order devotion that gives 5 points on completion. The reason we are picking up Tree of Life is quite simple: Meele builds either need good lifesteal or good healthregen to sustain, this build has neither from gear so ToL is an optimal choice especially considering it’s very low cooldown. We achieve about 6% lifesteal (Bat and Pants), together with ToL and the large HP pool this build has no sustain issues in boss fights.

Bindings:

Cadence --> Arcane Bomb
Blitz --> Twin Fangs

Alternative Devotions: You can go for Imp which also gives 3 green points by not using Hawk and removing the top right point of Tree of Life and the Primordial Crossroads. Not a fan of losing 8% crit and 3% offensive ability for a bit more % Aether damage and the skill it gives but if you are, go for it.

Attributes: 80 physique, 10 spirit, we don’t need cunning to equip the Mindwarps thanks to the -15% requirements on Chest armor. For more spicy damage go 50/40 or put as much points as you can into spirit while still meeting physique gear requirements.

Gear and Gear choices:

Helmet: Iskandra’s Hood for the awesome damage, toggle skill and 2 piece Bonus.
Chest: Iskandra’s Vestments, 2 piece bonus, damage, HP
Legs: Stonehide Solael Sect Legguards of Nature’s Bounty
Girdle: Phantom-Thread Girdle
Boots: Stonehide Exalted Treads of Kings
Gloves: Voidsteel Gauntlets, attack speed, resists, +2 Cadence
Shoulders: Ancient Iron Maidens Shoulderguard of Attack, resis, OA, +3 Cadence, you can choose any decent suffix really
Amulet: The Peerless Eye of Beronath, get cadence to 26/16, OA+crit dmg, some +Skills for Soldier
Ring 1: Band of Eternal Haunt, resist reduction skill, resis
Ring 2: Warped Cronleys Signet of the Arcane Blaze, flat aether, resis+attack speed, you can use any suffix this one was for Vitality resistance
Medal: Mark of Anathema, flat damage
Relic: Blademasters Talisman, enables dual wield

Choices:
You can use Agrivix Malice as relic if you run Direwolf Crest, less DPS on paper but the decent skill from Relic

Gameplay and Misc:

Resist Reduction:
15% from Ring
33% from Arcane Bomb
39% on the Mindwarps

Combat: Blitz in, hold left click, stuff dies.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This build as a Sorcerer:

Few words: While testing I also tried this build as a Sorc, not too bad but also not too good. The DPS is higher at the cost of some OA, alot of DA and ~3k HP and on top of that resistances are harder to max. Running 4 piece Iskandras for the fire to aether conversion and the +2 to arcanist. Also using the Imp devotion option explained above. 2 Albrechts Duality to convert the chaos from brimstone and fabric and that’s pretty much it. I wont go indepth as I much prefer the Battlemage setup but just to showcase that the option is there. Also this isn’t playtested I would assume Mad Queen hits like a truck with 3k less HP :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimtools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe0JEV8

Screenshot with all toggles and Maiven’s Sphere:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This build as a Witchblade as suggested by korsar:

Making use of the really good flat chaos damage support Occultist offers by converting it to aether with clairvoyants gear and 1 Albrechts Duality gives us a decent increase in DPS at the cost of some tankiness and crit damage Arcanist brings to the table. All in all a solid way to make use of 2 Mindwarps.

Grimtools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVblxENJ

That’s all, thanks for reading and happy hunting!

Reserved for future use

Why no one-point Nullification?

Hi, I’m really curious to see how efficient your set up is in action against single target and pack of monster. Would you make a video showcasing both performance?

I have shield version and it’s pretty good for single target damage and vs pack of monsters! Since a have a shield I have blitz maxed :slight_smile:
In fact it’s my current favorite melee shield build while using cadence/blitz!!!

Btw if you can squeeze in about 100 more OA you might see an increase of effeciency of your build since you stack a nice amount of crit %.

You can take the 2 extra points out of Maiven’s Sphere and put 1 in Nullification and maybe 1 in Flash Freeze, both are decent utility spells I just haven’t bothered with it. I personally rarely ever use nullification since most mobs can just instant reapply all debuffs.

I will try to make a vid when I get back to my main PC in about 2 days, single target is no problem at all and packs are also fairly easy to kill with arcane bombs, spear of heavens and such. For even more pack damage you can swap Relic and Medal as explained in the guide. 100 OA is obtainable by getting of Attack on the cronleys ring, swap some augments around and you should still be resi capped.

Very nice!
It reach 100% Aether conversion :slight_smile:

Mine is more defensive and use Warborn gear
And it’s not 100% conversion to aether damage

grimtools : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYxnBZ6
video : Mad Queen

How do you get 100% conversion? I count 50% from the weapons, 68% with the proc, 83% with Reckless Power.

May be plus double Wrathstone

I’m also surprised by 100% conversion, because skill conversion and item conversion aplied consistantly.
“50% from the weapons” include 215 mindwarp + 210 wrathstone

The proc works from both items so 36% in total through double proc. In the mad queen pic you can see the 2 aether symbols with the red 2, that’s the procs.

15% on Mindwarp x2 = 30%, 2x 10% from wrathstones = 50%, 2x Mindwarp proc 36% --> 86%, 15% from reckless power =101% total. It’s also explained in the conversion section above

I was a bit surprised this small dps on dual Mindwarps, so tried to make something more powerful. http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVL0JLVG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPkbuZmZQA8

Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

Reckless power applies on Conversion on Equipment and Buffs order instead of Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter.
That’s how you have 101%

Hi, got any leveling tips for new players? tnx in advance :slight_smile:

The order doesn’t matter much when conversion is within the same damage type.
All in all you’re trying too hard.

This looks really solid as well. Less crit damage and less tanky but the extra DPS makes up for it. Dying God is a beast of a Tier 3 devotion. I just really wanted to do a battlemage for the high crit % and because it doesn’ get much love. I will add it as an option in my guide like I did with the sorc and credit you. 1 thing about devotions, you have order crossroads instead of the spear of the heavens skil, Im gonna assume that was a mistake so I will change it. Thanks for the input.

Edit: Also took one point out of fighting spirit to put it into blitz for mobility and a more reliable way to proc Hungering Void.

Soldier is pretty easy to level, just go almost pure solider with either 1H plus shield or 2H cadence and make use of the insane amount of passive buffs this class combination offers. This build needs 2 Mindwarps to work.

Yeah I had no idea what he was trying to get at as I didn’t pay attention to a specific order I just wrote down all sources to display how it adds up to 101%.

Thanks for the explanation. I am confused by this to be honest, since when can we have twice the same effect active?

Im assuming because it comes from a different source, same reason we can have the toggle skill from wrathstone up twice.

Thanks, was glad to help you.
With Void proc it’s same crit damage, of course Void isn’t a permanent buff, but that’s enough for big battle like with MQ.
I don’t like Spear proc, it looks a bit weak, 5% hp is more useful for my opinion, but that’s only my own opinion.

Since we are sharing a bit in here: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWL90ZJ

DW Battlemage still feels a bit lackluster and boring tbh. You could also work in Warpfire or Wrath of the Ascendant for more -RR. But I still prefer my dw WHs or BMs over my Battlemage.

Actually it’s matter.
Just for example: Cadence + 2 point Discord + IEE + Elementium
66%+25%+15%=106%
…BUT…
Discord applies first. Total conversion will be 1-(1-0,66)*(1-0.4)=79.6%: