[1.0.1.0] Dual Wield Vitality Witchblade - Facetank Ultimate Mad Queen n Fabius w/o Tonic of Mending

try this build in gladiator. I mean you facetanked madqueen so why not

Currently I don’t have crucible dlc.
May be if someone can make video on crucible, it would be nice :slight_smile:
_

Updated.
Vitality Booster on first post

Sorry my english is not good, but will try explain result of this build on Crucible.

I have tried several DW setups of this build on Crucible and they don’t work. This build have good single target DPS to facetank Mad Queen in main company, but luck of AOE for Crucible(single dps not effective). Many times just die on Challenger from elites burst damage, not enough defense tools to survive from many sources of damage at once.

Only tank shield build can finish Gladiator difficulty, but it still quite difficult to do.

Certainly going to try this with a death knight when the expansion hits.

Replacing the occultist with:
Spectral Binding / Spectral Wrath
Harbinger of Souls
Siphon Souls / Blood Boil
Reaping Strike

Facetanking builds are the best builds.

Any levelling advice?

If you can craft Bladesworn Talisman and two Omen you can start playing with DW build from level 25. Better start from Soldier tree: max Cadance, Deadly Momentum, Oleron’s Rage, 1 point in Blitz for mobility and Field Command for OA/DA. Then switch to Occultist tree(heal + damage) or finish Soldier tree(HP + resists) depends on items which you have.

Devotions:

1. Jackal
  2. Gallows
  3. Wendigo’s Mark
  4. Hawk
  5. Behemoth
  6. Empty Throne
  7. Wayward Soul
  8. Manticore
  9. Sailor’s Guide
  10. Eel
  11. Undo all points from crossroads and put into Dying God

If you don’t have such items then just play as physical/vitality 1h+shiled Cadance tank, maybe a bit slow but safe options. Also could be used 2h Cadance/Blade Arc build, but then need Kraken which will slow down Devotion progression.

Lol nope, I saw some build that successfully beat gladiator without shield.

I’m speaking about current DW conversion physical to vitality build, not in general about all Crucible builds ;). We don’t have so much burst damage and survive skills like DW Cold or Phys Blademaster.

For example on Gladiator 110 wave Fabius made 8.5k crit hit with crit mutator on me and kill in 1 sec, even with Solemn Watcher devotion which give me 2100+DA unbuffed. In result even this build can facetank Ultimate Mad Queen, it can’t beat Crucible as you need survive from many source of damage at once and we don’t have any life saver tools for that, only life leech.

To beat Gladiator i tried to go more defensively with main goal to at least survive on hard 137, 146,147(Mad Queen), 149, 150 waves. This build works for this purpose:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP8BJZ0

Still it has low dps and quite slow, but can finish Gladiator depends on enemies. If you will face on 149 wave Sential + Sharzul it will be really hard fight, as well as on 150 wave two Zantai which have high vitality resist. I was lucky and didn’t face these enemies during my run.

With buffs Empyrion’s Guidence and Might of Amatok(use buffs 2 times on 100 and 130 waves) and Vanguard Banner lvl 3 i finish Gladiator.

This why i say in previous post: “Only tank shield build can finish Gladiator difficulty, but it still quite difficult to do.”

I tried this build and loved the leveling process! I opted to include Raise the Dead proc for some vitality-boosted skeleton friends. Super fun feeling like a walking dual-wielding, life-stealing, grave-robbing death knight with a small undead army under your command.

I don’t have all the BiS recommended gear so actually Ultimate is a little more difficult than some other characters, but still fun. Double Death Omens look badass – like two giant mallets ready to play drums on enemy heads.

Just stating my approval!

tweaked everything as described but I am lacking 300 defense rating and almost 400 offense, 500 hp regen/second - only thing that seems to be equal is the damage on the dps sheet shown in the screenshots, any ideas?

On the screenshot shown dps and stats when you fully buffed from all auras and procs of items/skills.

Better look on grimtool version of the build. In the right bottom corner there are 3 buttons shown as buff. You can switch on/off them and will see what stats you will have based on active auras, buffs and proc of the skills.

Also please consider all stats show in info screen of the grimtool, calculate based on average stats from them items, so you can have lower or higher values in your real build.

thanks @Snai

does the master spellblade work to lower vitality resistances (it should, as the description is similiar to acid spray, or not?).

Why use Oleron’s blood instead of another Haunted Steel - Is the 20% damage debuff worth as much, if yes I can swap it in for a bossfight, no?

Yes, it works same as Acid Spray or Black Star of Deceit medal proc skill.
Topic about how resist reductions works

Regarding Oleron’s Blood, yes it help when you fight with hard hitting bosses like Mad Queen and Sentinel, also have overall good active skill (3.5 sec, 355% weapon dmg and +50% crit dmg). With new level cap you can spent some points to level up War Cry, which also reduce enemy damage and use in second weapon any component you would like.

Please upgrade to the current version of the game. Very good build. I use it myself.

I reckon the Rattosh constellation is mandatory now.

Think im gonna respecc my Witchblade and try this one out. I have at least some of the items i believe.

any1 have a devil tongue pistol for trade ?

So, allow me to say this.

I’m a guy who never types a replay to anything, I have Grim dawn for a long time now… been testing builds, which leads to failing or some of them are major success… (purifier/warder/summoner/deathknight and so on.

I test all the builds on HC+Vat mode, I do a mistake i don’t care i use materials and reset remake and all that just to make it suitable for me, I always go with the saying “if he dies he dies” and always fight executioner as a seal dealer for me to keep on going or not

ANYWAYS lets go back to the main point why I’m typing this…

I have never EVER clenched my asscheeks SO many times in my life!

the build is amazing love it, but the thing that separates me from death is a FINE line, my fingers are always on possible escape charges (blitz) or healing skills, the start of this character only possible at level 25 when you start dual weapons, the strength of this character starts to appear on lvl 30+ I still think i lack gears and so on and still giving it a go I don’t know if i missed something? lack something? my tactics on fighting is different than yours?

anyways tomorrow is a new day, he survived normal HC+VAT today as he beat the boss at lvl 40 tomorrow I’ll build his resistance and either go elite as I’m level 44 now because of the rep farming OR go for the new expansion map which i really doubt I’d go there unprepared.

PS: if you’re a newb and want to do HC don’t you take this build when you don’t know what you’re doing.

Hi boys, any grimcalc for malmouth for this build, could someone post an actualize for it?.. I want to try a dual wield witchblade and this seems a nice option…