[1.0.1.1] [Caster] Twin Meteor Fire Obliteration Warlock - Just Another Naughty Mage

#include <obliteration.h>
~ 1.0.1.1 - Twin Meteor Fire Obliteration Warlock ~

*Other Obliteration Builds --> Click here for New AoM Obliteration Builds

Videos :
Kiss Her with Red and Green Meteors
Naughty Mage in Action with Two Best CC Skills in The World (of Cairn)
Hiding Behind Blade Barrier

Last time I was playing with a Lightning Obliteration Druid using granted skill from Tome of the Arcane Wastes.

This time using same skill, I try make a Fire Obliteration Warlock with Iskandra’s Set (except the Off-Hand) as the main gear.

Using Warlock gives us access to Two of the Best CC Skills in the game (You don’t have to agree with me on this topic) :smiley:

• Curse of Frailty - Vulnerability (Slowing Enemies and applied various RR and Flat DA Shred)
  • Olexra’s Flash Freeze (Freeze Enemies and gives nice Fire RR)

Just reminder, OFF is nice for Control the Crowd, but it’s not for controlling the Bosses

Next, about the gear, we’re using Iskandra Set, combine with Occultist Aspect of the Guardian, it’s easy for us capping the resistances.
Since we already got pretty nice Resistances, we have free slot for Chaos Strike “Blink” Skill from Riftstone component.
Chaos Strike is nice skill for mobility, positioning, and also could be use for bounding devotion skills :slight_smile:

Iskandra’s Set also support our damage : Elemental, Aether, and Fire Damage

Build Concept :
This build is using Aether and Elemental (focused on Fire) as Damage Type.

3 Main Damage Skills :

Obliteration Skill
When compare to AAR, Obliteration just like a spell from a Junior Mage.
AAR is better in the term of damage.
But Obliteration cost no Skills Points, has lower mana cost, and pierce through enemies.
Tome of the Arcane Wastes also provides +1 to all Skills.

Obliteration gives Flat Elemental Damage that dealt as 1/3 Fire + 1/3 Ice + 1/3 Lightning, divided equally.
Since we are more focused on Fire damage, we’ll try to boost Fire aspect from the Elemental Damage with Conversion, Gear, Skills, and Devotion.
Using Warpfire, we convert the Cold Damage to Fire Damage.
Unfortunately nerfed Warpfire only gives us half of the conversion.

Devastation
The Green Meteors.
Does Fire and Aether Damage, matching our Damage Theme.
Even though it’s not as powerfull as the old version, this Green Meteors in high level is still reliable as Main Damage Source.

Devotion Skills like : Meteor Shower, Elemental Storm, Fissure, etc
Meteor Shower does Physical, Fire, and Burn Damage, one of our Main Source of Damage.
Meteor Shower’s Damage isn’t too good one low level. We need to leveling it to Max Level.

Elemental Storm gives us Flat Elemental RR + Elemental Damage + DoTs

Damage Boosting from Gear :
Iskandra’s Hood : Boost Elemental and Aether Damage
Iskandra’s Vestments : Boost Elemental and Aether Damage
Iskandra’s Pauldrons : Boost Fire and Aether Damage
Iskandra’s Focusing Prism : Boost Elemental Damage
Tome of the Arcane Wastes : Boost All Damage and Elemental Damage
Wyrmbone Handguards : Boost Fire Damage
Warpfire : Boost Fire Damage and provide Cold to Fire Conversion
Wraithborne Legwraps : Boost Aether Damage
Phantom-Thread Girdle : Boost Elemental and Aether Damage
Iskandra’s Balance : Boost Fire and Elemental Damage + Elemental Imbalance Procs (Boost Fire Damage)
Badge of Mastery : Boost All Damage

Note :
Percent Elemental Damage is a bonus to all three elements equal to the full value. It is not split evenly.
Bonus 100% Elemental Damage = Bonus 100% to All Fire, Ice, and Lightning Damage.

Damage Boosting From Mastery Skills :
Arcanist
Reckless Power : Boost Fire, Burn, and Aether Damage
Arcane Will : when activate boosts All Damage
Fabric of Reality : Boost Aether Damage
Olexra’s Flash Freeze : gives Fire RR
Nullification : Elemental RR
Inner Focus : Increase Spirit thus Increase our Magical and Duration Damage

Occultist
CoF’s Vulnerability : gives Elemental RR
Summon Familiar “Storm Raven” : Storm Spirit boosts Elemental Damage

Raven is not only has good use for leveling in early level, it also can heal our toon with it’s Mend Flesh :slight_smile:

Note :
Sometimes we may forget to “revive” the Raven when it dies.
We need to make Raven keep alive as it can boost our damage and heal our toon.

Damage Boosting From Devotion Constellations :
Ulzuin’s Torch : Boost Fire and Burn Damage + OA + Crit Damage
Solael’s Witchblade : Boost Fire Damage + Fire RR
Magi : Boost Fire and Burn Damage
Rhowan’s Crown : Boost Elemental and Elemental Dots Damage + Elemental Flat RR
Scholar’s Light : Boost Fire and Elemental Damage
Owl : Boost Elemental and Elemental Dots Damage + Reduce Energy Cost
Viper : Elemental RR

Grimtools :
Thanks to one of our Praetorians Friends, Dammit, for the very handy Grimtools :wink:
–> http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52366

Here’s this build grimtools : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnrMONr

Attributes : All into Physique (90 Points)

• Press ‘S’ for Masteries and Devotion Tabs
  • Hold “Ctrl + Shift” for Skills w/o bonus
  • Skills Bounding check on Devotion Tab
  • Relic Completion Bonus : +1 to Disintegration and +1 to Star Pact

Elemental Obliteration Warlock

~Reserved~

~Reserved2~

Interesting, I was just about to respec my sky shard warlock slightly and try obliteration. Would be cold/lightning/electrocute though obviously. (only real change would be shifting points into mental alacrity)

I ran an obliteration sorcerer in the past. It had no trouble clearing Ultimate, but ran into problems in crucible. Was thinking of trying a warlock version.

Tome of the Arcane Wastes is such a versatile item. I’m in the theorycrafting stage of a physical variation, it should work fine but I haven’t had time to level a new battlemage for it. I have 1700 hours played and have no battlemage to respec into it, that should tell you a lot.

Warlock has CoF-Vulnerability and can slow enemies and gives Elemental RR.
Raven is useful for boosting the Elemental Damage and can be as Healer too.

I made one Elemental Warlock that looks like this :

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLRzPNG

Still compare between using Temporal Tempest and Grim Fate.

Grim Fate procs is nice though :slight_smile:

Here’s a Physical Caster Battlemage using Obliteration

Video : https://youtu.be/6nTkvcKs6d0

Currently I’m still trying making a Warder version.
Warder has Storm Totem that can be nice when Converted to Physical.
It will take time though, since two of my warder available don’t have enough spirit :cry:
Combination of both Beronath Reforged and Obliteration surely has a lot of energy cost.
And Warder doesn’t have Elemental Exchange :undecided:
Perhaps several Ectoplasm will be needed.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Wondering whether the RR from vulnerability would be better than the higher cast speed and damage bonus of the sorcerer version. Would be more defensive as well with blood of Dreeg and mend flesh.

This is the sorcerer version I mentioned, if you’re interested:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkQqRVJ

Doesn’t have mental alacrity either. :frowning:
Maybe physical obliteration druid would be worth a try? I might try that at some point.

I have come to the conclusion that unless you want to spend like 30 points in spirit you kind of need inner focus as well, to wear caster chest armor and helm and of course to use the off-hand.

Edit: totally misread that class combination, druid would obviously work fine spirit wise. I’m dumb :stuck_out_tongue:

Jesus Christ man, you’ve been dishing out a lot of builds lately. Slow down :rolleyes::rolleyes:
We got an expansion on the way

Someone has to if no one else currently is :p.

After expac lands all of the existing builds will be obsolete by then anyway.:rolleyes: .I can’t imagine the amount of paperwork that needs to be done just to put them back on track:p. but still many thanks to our hardworking buddies out here;)

Maybe works the relic Conflagration for a fire version too? I know, its better for a sorcerer because the +skills but this is pure fire :slight_smile: Does it pass through like Obliteration? i dont know.

I build this with full Iskandras-Set:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVl4BpVO

Maybe there is a possibility to make a Pyromancer Chaos version with Blood Orb of Chton

here an example: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EM532d

Conflagration doesn’t pierce through enemies, I already test it.
I like Obliteration better :slight_smile:

We’ll try the Chaos, Aether, Fire, or even Cold Versions Obliteration in this AoM Xpac :wink:

Chaos version would be easy if Crate allow us to use a Caster Book as Main Hand :smiley: