[1.0.1.1] Frozen Lightning II - The Storm Mage Raises - Lightning Obliteration Druid

#include <obliteration.h>
~ 1.0.1.1 - Frozen Lightning II / The Storm Mage - Lightning Obliteration Druid ~

*Other Obliteration Builds --> Click here for New AoM Obliteration Builds

Videos :

I make this thread base on response on these threads :

Frozen Lightning II

The Storm Mage

For Frozen Lightning I, check here --> http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55305
For Another Mage --> http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55753

FROZEN LIGHTNING II - THE FORGOTTEN OBLITERATION

Frozen Lightning :
It’s frozen the enemies with (perhaps) one of the Best CC Skill in the World (of Cairn) and hit them with Lightning Spells.
You may not agree with me about the Crowd Control skills in this topic :stuck_out_tongue:
But see it yourself how the CC Skill works on the full port valbury run here

Forgotten Obliteration :

• First of all, Obliteration is a Skill granted from Tome of the Arcane Wastes
  • It seems there are rare available builds posting using this skills. There’s one Pyromancer Proctologist from GC. Actually I was inspirated by it :wink:
  • The skills itself has got “a little” buff with it’s friends a long time ago on patch v1.0.0.1 (b31 hotfix 3) “Significantly increased the turn-rate and beam speed of Aether Ray, Conflagration and Obliteration”.
  • The Obliteration skill is not as good as AAR in the term of damage, but it can piercing through enemies :smiley:
  • Also the energy cost isn’t as incredible as AAR

Stormcaller’s Pact as Exclusive Skills :

• It’s obvious this is a Lightning Build
  • Nice Crit Damage, combine with Elemental Balance, Critical Damage can reach more than +100%
  • Obliteration has DoT (Electrocute) suitable with high Crit Damage (+105 %) and high OA around 3000+

Star Pact as Exclusive Skills ?

• Has CDR
  • Better for using in Trozan’s Build (Cold Lightning)

Grimtools : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAmblVD

• Press ‘S’ for Masteries and Devotion Tabs
  • Hold “Ctrl + Shift” for Skills w/o bonus
  • Relic Completion Bonus : +1 to Blood Pact and +1 to Entangling Vines

STORM MAGE RISES - STORM LIGHTNING DRUID

This build was made to implementing my anti mainstream idea of using both Elemental Storm and Wind Devil-Raging Tempest :
this post and this one

Elemental Storm
Pros :

• we can save skill points and can spare more mastery skill points
  • longer duration of RR
  • reduce skill usage in the keyboard/mouse
  • nice coverage area (no AI) if bounding with proper skills (ex: Storm Totem)

Cons :

• take devotion skill points
  • needs xp leveling for max level RR
  • lower flat RR

Wind Devil - Raging Tempest
Pros :

• we can save more devotion points
  • can be as source of damage if we invest good enough points
  • can be as CC too (Impaired Aim, Slow)
  • more slot for bounding devo skills
  • Potentially higher Flat RR
  • doesn’t need xp for lvl up, just put more skills to max level

Cons :

• take mastery skill points
  • lower RR duration
  • it is an AI and sometimes slower than your toon
  • most people dislike it and choose ES instead

Sometimes it depends on the builds and personal preferences.
There’s build ‘hunger’ for mastery skill points --> take Elemental Storm
If need on devo points --> take Raging Tempest

If someone doesn’t like too much skills on the keyboard button --> take Elemental Storm
And if the build is okay and can handle many active skills --> can take Raging Tempest
A build that need more skills for bounding devotion skills --> possibly take Wind Devil

In Frozen Lightning II build on first post, actually I could take both Elemental Storm and Wind Devil-Raging Tempest.
But if I did it, it will ‘delay’ my Skill on RMB.
Like I said about preferences, I prefer less active skills on the keyboard.
Even in the Stom Mage build I don’t use one Skill from Amulet than can use to reduce enemies OA. It will be too much buttons.

Personally I will take Elemental Storm. I like it better.

So in this Storm Mage build, why take them both, they don’t stack, do they?
True, they don’t stack. Highest Flat RR will applied.
It doesn’t mean we can’t take them both.
Also I don’t max Raging Tempest (due to lack of skills points).
Blind Fury now has Flat RR, it doesn’t mean we can’t take Break Morale.
There’s a chance that Blind Fury Flat RR will applied while Break Morale is in cooldown.

Sometimes Wind Devil with it’s own AI hit several enemies,
while “unmoved” Elemental Storm hit other enemies in different positions.
So it will increase chance all enemies affected by flat RR. Thus increase our damage from AoE Spells.

Thanks to Rooibas that help me crafting Light’s Defender Helm with my mats.

Grimtools : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dmm0VJ

• Press ‘S’ for Masteries and Devotion Tabs
  • Hold “Ctrl + Shift” for Skills w/o bonus
  • Relic Completion Bonus : +1 to Blood Pact and +1 to Entangling Vines

Videos :

*Other Obliteration Builds --> Click here for New AoM Obliteration Builds

~Reserved~

~Reserved2~

That’s my girl. What is that frozen lightning and how do I get it? I need it.

Edit: She is the Ascended Queen of the Northern Gale, by the way.

Your build is much more fleshed out than the shit I came up with:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVW117NJ

It’s completely item dependant. But I’ll probably substitute the legs, feet and badge for something else end game. It converts Aether to Lightning with current items.

On another note I’m new to AAR builds. My Chaos Ray build can only Crit for like 25,000-28,000 on most enemies. I don’t know if that’s good or not. What’s the max damage output you’ve been able to achieve using Obliteration?

Frozen Lightning : Frozen the enemies and hit them with Lightning spells :slight_smile:
Check the first post.

Obliteration damage is less than proper build AAR.
But AAR cost high energy and doesn’t pierce through enemies.

Your idea of Aether to Lightning is interesting, I should test it first.
So I can “feel” it compare with Obliteration :slight_smile:

I did i just didn’t understand. More specifically, what is that awesome lightning ray of death you are shooting out of your face and what item gives it.

Raging tempest is useless in this build. Since it only affects main spell ( not maelstorm) you would rarely see the benefit. Good call for not using.

You could use Stonehide bysmiel sect legguards of menhir’s wall/ nature bounty for leggings.

It’s “Obliteration” which is granted from Tome of the Arcane Wastes
https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8283-Tome-of-the-Arcane-Wastes

Why all the hate on Raging Tempest? Watch what Wind devil does. It does not just find one enemy and sit stationary. In a large mob it bounces around from enemy to enemy. It seeks out the nearest enemy not recently affected by the slow and reduction. If all enemies are affected it will start to return to you but as soon as the effect starts to wear off it seeks that enemy again. It will hit every enemy several times in its 12 second lifespan all the while zapping them with maelstrom and applying a sizable DOT. And, the cooldown is much shorter than the duration allowing you to have three of them active at any moment. Everybody is getting multiple seconds of resist reduction.

Now EB hits all enemies and the reduction lasts two seconds but the skill it’s self has a duration of 1.5 seconds. So at most you get ONE two second reduction per proc, with no guarantee it will proc again for several seconds, maybe it will, maybe not.

But i guarantee you this, if you sit down and average out the times the two skills are active and reducing resists, you will find they are practically identical, both in average length of time the mob has a reduced resistance, and the damage it does, only one is balanced for a Lightning/Electrocute build, and the other for a Tri-Elemental build. If you want to maximize your resist reduction, take both, and on average there will never be a moment when they are not in a reduced resistance state.

Like Duck_King said.
Actually I already post/update it on the “Forgotten Obliteration” section on the first post.
Perhaps you read the unrefreshed page before :slight_smile:

Well this is an anti mainstream idea of mine :smiley:
As long as it works, it’s good. You don’t have to agree with me.
Wind Devil is moving, while Elemental Storm static in one place.
They sometimes have different position --> Check here just to make you sure
They have different duration (also remember, ES procs on attack, it needs skills that triggered it first)
Flat RR duration also different.
Raging Tempest can Slow target, could be as CC Skills (OFF is better).
Since I only put less skills in Raging Tempest, Elemental Storm flat RR will applied if they hit same enemies (My ES Flat RR is higher)
But they tend to hit different enemies. Wind Devil is an AI. It’s life… moving… and need to be fed with Aetherials, Chthonians, Cronley’s Gang, and other enemies of Cairn :stuck_out_tongue:
About “Why all the hate on Raging Tempest?” I already include it on “Wind Devil - Raging Tempest cons section” :smiley:

About “Stonehide bysmiel sect legguards of menhir’s wall/ nature bounty for leggings”, I simply don’t have it.
My “Stonehide” version only crafted boots from Fort Ikon Blacksmith.
Even my LD Helm was made by a friend with my own mats + iron bits.

I use Wraithborne Legwraps for it’s nice OA bonus.
Druid tend to have high Crit Damage, thanks to Stormcaller’s Pact and Elemental Balance. So I need good enough (High) OA :slight_smile:

What is your around crit chance in ultimate dungeons with 2740 oa?
I aim 2500 and i wonder if it will be enough or not.

really very good.

It of course depends on what you’re hitting, but it will be somewhere in the 20% to 30% range for trash and 15% to 20% on bosses (with 2.7k).

Yes like Avyctes said, depends on the target :

Note, on Boris it’s with 3K OA

~

That’s a fun caster build, well done, props for utilizing Obliteration.

Although I did steal “Something Something Rises” build name first when I made my druid build :stuck_out_tongue:

Your build title is so inspirating…
Thanks to you :smiley:

Hey Tz Tz!

Good work it was a while since i was here. My frist char was druid and lots of people liked it, despite the fact it has some problems. Sometimes i though i started the druid hype thing, cuase i havent seen any druid build in that time. :smiley:

Since i havnt played that much i am interested in ur build. I really like cold based build. :slight_smile:

I have few questions for u:

Why dont u pick up conjurer or warlock wich has the fabric debuff?

(So i am thinking to make a build on conjurer, cause i want to use the fabric that can stack with the widow.)

Is there any better weop then the spark staff if i dotn want to use cold dmg?